Intelligent Response Only or don't click on this

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
and yet we still haven't managed to do it. We traded for Cutler and he holds most our records

They haven't even tried. We've had this discussion. They haven't drafted a QB higher than the 5th since the Sexy/Orton days.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
personally i think it will be an up and down year for fangio's scheme, think the expectations for fangio are too high...dont forget fangio had 4 out of 7 players with the 49ers in the front 7 who are likely future hof's or close to it.

as for cutler i think it will come down to how he plays this season...I think forte is a goner after this season, just dont see pace giving him the money he's looking for.

Let's also not forget that the 9ers D had some major injuries last year, Bowman and Willis come to mind, and the D was still ranked 5th. He's one helluva good D coordinator.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Yep, remember the Vereen :fap: last offseason. I'll settle for wait and see attitude.

Remember our D coordinator last season too?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Fangio had really good talent in SF.

Good coach, yes.
Miracle worker, no.

Cutler has made the playoffs 1/10 in his career, so playing the percentages NO he cannot.

And like I said a couple posts up, the 9ers D was injury riddled last year and still ranked 5th in the league.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Langragian=∫(1/y^2)YuvY^uv+(1/w^2)trWuvW^uv+(1/g^2)trGuvG^uv

Smart enough for you? Eat a dick.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They haven't even tried. We've had this discussion. They haven't drafted a QB higher than the 5th since the Sexy/Orton days.

Yeah we have and until we find a QB better than Cutler I wouldn't just laugh at the matter and consider it easy

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah we have and until we find a QB better than Cutler I wouldn't just laugh at the matter and consider it easy
They haven't found one because they haven't drafted one. The packers have been loaded with hall of famers at QB for the last two decades and they still draft them, but we don't. It's bizarre. While team after team are going out and getting them, the Bears stick with Cutler year after year with the same results. He's the laughing stock of the league. It's pathetic.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They haven't found one because they haven't drafted one. The packers have been loaded with hall of famers at QB for the last two decades and they still draft them, but we don't. It's bizarre. While team after team are going out and getting them, the Bears stick with Cutler year after year with the same results. He's the laughing stock of the league. It's pathetic.

Packers have a future HOF QB in the wings waiting for Rodgers to retire ? All those non 1st rnd QBs drafted around the league are top 10 even just average competent starting QBs? Right

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Packers have a future HOF QB in the wings waiting for Rodgers to retire ?

Eh? Who said that?

I said despite having HOF Qbs starting for the last two decades (in other words, despite being completely set at the position), GB has continued to draft QBs because they're important to have, whether for injury replacement or as value in trades. The Bears haven't had a QB worth a shit in decades yet don't bother to draft. As I mentioned earlier, they haven't drafted a QB higher than the 5th round since the Grossman/Orton days. When the most important position on the field is a continued position of need for your team, that's absurd.

All those non 1st rnd QBs drafted around the league are top 10 even just average competent starting QBs? Right

Again, who said all of them are? Are you trying to break the CCS record for responding to things nobody said in one post?

Some of them are. You certainly aren't going to get a good one by not bothering.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Are we placing bets yet on when Cutler gets benched this year?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we placing bets yet on when Cutler gets benched this year?

As soon as we lose two in a row!! Pace didn't want him in the 1st place, and Fox already has enough gray hair.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Eh? Who said that?

I said despite having HOF Qbs starting for the last two decades (in other words, despite being completely set at the position), GB has continued to draft QBs because they're important to have, whether for injury replacement or as value in trades. The Bears haven't had a QB worth a shit in decades yet don't bother to draft. As I mentioned earlier, they haven't drafted a QB higher than the 5th round since the Grossman/Orton days. When the most important position on the field is a continued position of need for your team, that's absurd.

Again, who said all of them are? Are you trying to break the CCS record for responding to things nobody said in one post?

Some of them are. You certainly aren't going to get a good one by not bothering.

So what you are saying is lets just keep drafting a QB until we find a hall famer like the Packers keep doing and lets stop drafting below the fourth round because it isn't working? I see

Bart Starr- drafted in the 17th round of the nfl draft

Brett Favre-Not even drafted by he Packers (very nice guy by the way)

Aaron Rodgers- The only packers hall of fame QB drafted higher than the fifth round or drafted by the Pack at all.

Maybe just maybe it doesn't matter what round you draft a QB in, a good QB is a good QB? But hey as long as we draft before the fifth round or just keep drafting them we will eventually get a QB who is better than Cutler (which according to you is everyone and shouldn't be too hard and yet we still haven't been able to do it despite your garbage fifth round argument)

I get that we need to keep looking ad I am for that obviously but again your statement on anyone will do or it will be easy to replace Cutler because anyone is better is false and using the Packers as an example isn't good either

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So what you are saying is lets just keep drafting a QB until we find a hall famer like the Packers keep doing and lets stop drafting below the fourth round because it isn't working? I see

Bart Starr- drafted in the 17th round of the nfl draft

Brett Favre-Not even drafted by he Packers (very nice guy by the way)

Aaron Rodgers- The only packers hall of fame QB drafted higher than the fifth round or drafted by the Pack at all.

Maybe just maybe it doesn't matter what round you draft a QB in, a good QB is a good QB? But hey as long as we draft before the fifth round or just keep drafting them we will eventually get a QB who is better than Cutler (which according to you is everyone and shouldn't be too hard and yet we still haven't been able to do it despite your garbage fifth round argument)

I get that we need to keep looking ad I am for that obviously but again your statement on anyone will do or it will be easy to replace Cutler because anyone is better is false and using the Packers as an example isn't good either

I think you misread his post.

He was referring to them drafting QBs even with HOF QBs. Not about where their HOF QBs were drafted

Treehorn

Liked Posts:

Teams like the Patriots and Packers are smart and have the ability to develop QB's. I think they draft and develop QB's in later rounds for the purpose of striking gold or to develop a guy to the point where they can trade them for higher draft picks. Either way, it's a great strategy that the Bears have failed to realize.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think you misread his post.

He was referring to them drafting QBs even with HOF QBs. Not about where their HOF QBs were drafted
I distinctly remember having these conversations about drafting QBs a couple of years ago, like after the 2012 season. The Cutler supporters at that time said it's a waste of time drafting a QB at 19 or 20 because the best ones will be gone and getting a starter that late is unlikely. Now it's that a high pick is too risky and the round you use to draft them is a crap shoot because Bart Starr was a late pick lol.

I'm starting to think that they just don't want a new QB.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I distinctly remember having these conversations about drafting QBs a couple of years ago, like after the 2012 season. The Cutler supporters at that time said it's a waste of time drafting a QB at 19 or 20 because the best ones will be gone. Now it's that a high pick is too risky and the round you use to draft them is a crap shoot because Bart Starr was a late pick lol.

I'm starting to think that they just don't want a new QB.

Despite everyone saying they want a new QB? Im just saying that your stupid notion of anyone would be better than Cutler is ridiculous. YOU are the one who said they haven't been trying because they aren't drafting a QB in a round YOU want them to

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Despite everyone saying they want a new QB? Im just saying that your stupid notion of anyone would be better than Cutler is ridiculous. YOU are the one who said they haven't been trying because they aren't drafting a QB in a round YOU want them to

I've said it in the past...if the Bears can't replace average...then they have bigger issues. At this point there is no point in holding onto Cutler other than the fact they are handcuffed with his contract.