Bears have actually been top 10 in drafting in past decade

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man that article is weak. If I were to honestly discuss this article though, I hardly think pro bowls are a good objective measure, especially when three of the bears picks were st guys and one only made the pro bowl several years after he left the bears. Then how many others are one year guys? I guess we are that bad after all.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
6 total non-ST Pro Bowl seasons by Bears draft picks while with the Bears in the last decade. That is fucking awful.

Angelo drafted only 2 Pro Bowl non-ST season his last 7 years with the Bears ( one more by Forte 2 years after he was gone).

That is mind boggling 3 non ST Pro Bowl seasons in 378 drafted player seasons since 2005 by JA draftees.

And with all the hate, Emery has 3 in 38 drafted player seasons with likely more to come form AJ, KL, and maybe a few more.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Reactions: DC

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Finally an article in which Bears fans realize how asinine the idea of drafting Pro Bowl players actually is.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
This article's logic:

In 2009, the Bears draft Johnny Knox, Jarron Gilbert, and Joaqin Iglesias. Draft was a success because Johnny Knox was a probowler!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Bizarre case to make for studying draft talents for the NFL. That's why % of players still on a team after some years is usually a way it's ranked.

3 of those, Knox/Hester/Graham were special team nods

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That was a terrible article.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Terrible article.

The reality is that the Bears have absolutely crapped the bed in the first round - the round that matters.

All one needs to do is look at the number of players drafted over the last 7 seasons that are still on the roster and doing anything of note.

Oh, and re: Fuller - did I miss something? Had a nice couple of early games, got hurt, and frankly, looked terrible the rest of the season. I'm hopeful for the kid, but if the balance of his career was consistent with the majority of his season last year, it's another first round bust.

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not such a terrible article...

I mean, it isn't arguing that the number of probowlers you draft correlates to success or even that the bears have been "good" at drafting. Just points out an interesting statistic that I think most of us would find surprising.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not such a terrible article...

I mean, it isn't arguing that the number of probowlers you draft correlates to success or even that the bears have been "good" at drafting. Just points out an interesting statistic that I think most of us would find surprising.
No it is fucking stupid.
Here is the thesis.
"Which NFL teams have been the most adept at drafting quality players? Glad you asked. This is a breakdown of the teams that have drafted the most Pro Bowl players in the last 10 years (2005-2014). "

Then list teams by # of PB'ers drafted.

In this scenario, Johnny Knox' value = JJ Watt's or Aaron Rodgers' value.

See,fucking stupid

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it is fucking stupid.
Here is the thesis.
"Which NFL teams have been the most adept at drafting quality players? Glad you asked. This is a breakdown of the teams that have drafted the most Pro Bowl players in the last 10 years (2005-2014). "

Then list teams by # of PB'ers drafted.

In this scenario, Johnny Knox' value = JJ Watt's or Aaron Rodgers' value.

See,fucking stupid

Ok buddy, calm down.

It might help if we were talking about the same article. I merely read the one linked in the OP

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
There are teams worse than us on this list, but yet they rank way higher in PFFs and ESPNS roster talent rankings. Says it all.

plus just by common sense, this article is stupid.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Does anyone really care about Pro Bowl voting? Really?

Hell, remember three years ago when KC was a 2 win team? They had like 400 pro bowlers on that team.

And sorry, but I'm supposed to be excited because a gunner on special teams (Corey Graham) was on that list?