For those who think we are headed in the right direction

Army80

Liked Posts:
I totally agree. Effort from everyone involved to do whatever is necessary to get a win. Discipline from a sometimes erratic QB, the OL, and the offensive player. Discipline from everyone on the defense to trust in Fangio. Development of young players to be cornerstone contributors: McPhee, Jones, Fuller, Amos, Long, Grasu, White, Langford etc.

I also want to add leadership, something that was sorely lacking in the 2014 team.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I get it. I just think hiring Fox is the easy, obvious, and what I would call conservative pussy move because you are afraid to make a mistake. Not going Fangio as head coach is safer in the short term, but if Fangio turns out to be the real deal he is gone.

I don't give Fox all the credit for his leadership with a highly talented Panthers team, or the Manning Broncos. I think he is a good head coach leader type for this era of players. Schematically and in the future I would project that Fangio is better for your defense though.

I'm saying its the gutsy move to project who the best head coach for the Bears is in 2019 instead of taking the easy route in 2015. We will be looking for a new head coach when the QB after Cutler fails, while Fangio will be dominating in St.Louis or something.

Just for the record, the team that employed Fangio skipped ove rhim and named one of his assistants as HC. Just sayin'.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think this year we may be bale to judge whether our guys can play in the NFL. With Mel, the scheme was so bad, it was not easy to tell whether the players were also the problem. (Certainly, in general, the talent level was a problem. But evaluating young guys who have been stuck with Mel was tough to do.)

I will be looking for effort. Players with a clue. And I will be hoping to see players who give a damn about their play on the field instead of their talk show or rib joint.

Liked Posts:
Not sure where they're headed yet for better or worse. I don't really believe in FA as a building tool & nor do I believe the Bears really upgraded anywhere but at 1 OLB position & maybe at slot WR with Royal. That's pretty much it.

Obviously the jury is still out on the draft picks, but I will say that I do like the specific players that were drafted by the Bears. I really liked the first 5 draft picks a lot though & that's where I really want to see change outside of the immediate starting QB. I do believe the Bears drafted BPAs, or at least what they thought were BPAs, & I personally do believe that much will pay off.

Oh & draft Cody Kessler in 2016, then I'll talk about right directions.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
What will you be looking for during the games that will lead you to believe that we truly are on the right path rather than a new team with different players and coaches that simply just sucks again?

1) Would be happy to see schemes and game time adjustments that actually out-coach the opponent for a change. Would like to see them on their heels having to react to the Bears, not the other way around.

2) Significant improvement in their abysmal pass defense. What we they last season? 3rd from the bottom? Ugh.

3) More discipline, less mistakes & fewer penalties - Looks like they were ranked 17th in number, but closer to the bottom in overall yards. Funny how Seattle and NE were the most penalized teams.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
didshereallysaythat;2194870[B said:
]Not every good coordinator wants to be a HC. Fangio was content in San Francisco being the coordinator.[/B] He could easily excel here for many years.

Then why did he interview for HC positions before the Bears hired him as an OC?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then why did he interview for HC positions before the Bears hired him as an OC?

Hmm, wonder why he failed to get the job or any of the job he interviewed for, HC wise?