SI ranks the starting QBs 1-32, where is Cutler?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
For all the hate Cutler gets he is still a decent qb. So many fans or media forget how manys qbs we had before Cutler. It was insane. Outside of kramer they were all crap. Im happy we have mr 4th quarter!
That argument is like nails on a chalkboard.

"Thank the Football Gods Chicago finally has mediocre at Quarterback, because it could be worse."

That is the stuff championships are made of.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Matt Ryan at No. 9 is a little too high for me, but it's actually a pretty good list. Could debate possibly switching 1 and 2, because I think in terms of pure skill, Rodgers is No. 1, but it's hard to not place Brady there because of the 4 super bowls.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Yes, Cutler is a middling starting QB in the NFL at 32 who has few prospects at improving significantly.

So what was the point of stating that again?

I mean if calling that "decent" makes you feel better about having a mediocre 32 yr old QB who turns the ball over a lot as your franchise QB, cool.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I thought this description of Jay was interesting:

Mistakes and leadership are problems, but there’s nothing a coach can’t ask him to do on the field.

I wonder if the graveyard full of his killed-coach victims would agree....

But yea. The ranking is about right. He's somewhere around the middle.

You could pretty much shuffle any of the QB's between 17 and 24 and not get much argument.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kinda disagree with someone having a 113.2 rating the last year and being 10th, but hey, I'm a bit biased, and they do have a point about the O line(although Romo has done well regardless).

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Mistakes and leadership are problems

Sounds like the starting QB I want....

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
10 to 24 with a couple of exceptions.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
That argument is like nails on a chalkboard.

"Thank the Football Gods Chicago finally has mediocre at Quarterback, because it could be worse."

That is the stuff championships are made of.

I like it lets take a shit on every player we have who isn't elite at their position...so basically we cut everyone and plug in a new guy every season until the bears are elite everywhere solid strategy

someone get a letter out too pace asap

fact is cutler is fine until we do draft someone better I don't get all the hate he gets from the fanbase a lot of people talk like we have the worst fuckin qb in football and its clearly not the case hell he isn't even anywhere near the worst problem on this team

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm leading the charge for Cutler to 29 TD's!! Lets fix this franchise passing TD record!!

It can be done this year!! The surprise year is the best year. No pressure. No expectation. People don't see Cutty coming this year.

#Cuttydoesit!!

He gonna be the town toast and all the rage. Watch these bandwagors slurp their way back up his schlong.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm leading the charge for Cutler to 29 TD's!! Lets fix this franchise passing TD record!!

It can be done this year!! The surprise year is the best year. No pressure. No expectation. People don't see Cutty coming this year.

#Cuttydoesit!!

He gonna be the town toast and all the rage. Watch these bandwagors slurp their way back up his schlong.
wont be no room on the bandwagon for these dickheads if cutty has a great season ill play king of the hill and knock these fuckers off the wagon they don't deserve back on board

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mistakes and leadership are problems

Sounds like the starting QB I want....

And I don't think Cutler, unfortunately, is a QB that most Bear fans want. But it is what we have and it could be worse. But I think we'll be happily be without his services in 16. His contract was a waste of time and money but is a reality with which we have to deal.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
17 is fair. Consistency will continue to be his #1 problem.

Has the ability to throw the ball anywhere on the field but can he find the open man? His arm gets him into trouble instead of being an asset.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like it lets take a shit on every player we have who isn't elite at their position...so basically we cut everyone and plug in a new guy every season until the bears are elite everywhere solid strategy

someone get a letter out too pace asap

fact is cutler is fine until we do draft someone better I don't get all the hate he gets from the fanbase a lot of people talk like we have the worst fuckin qb in football and its clearly not the case hell he isn't even anywhere near the worst problem on this team
And let's also take any criticism about any player and blow it completely out of proportion. No one is saying he is the worst quarterback in the NFL...this whole thread is about him falling right in the middle.

I just tire of the belief that we should be so thankful to have Cutler here because of past failures at the position. Its a nonsensical argument.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
For all the hate Cutler gets he is still a decent qb. So many fans or media forget how manys qbs we had before Cutler. It was insane. Outside of kramer they were all crap. Im happy we have mr 4th quarter!

There's six QBs on that list who are or who will be better than Cutler by the end of the season so at best he's the 23rd best QB in the league, wooooooooop 23rd best QB inthe NFL! Playoffs here we come!