Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ermagherd Aerrern Brerrrks

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
The old NO quarterback? What's he doing playing basketball?

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will do well in the offensive heavy scheme I bet. Only problem is that he can block any trade next year. (Bird Rights)

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
they don't call him standpatpax for nothing

honestly can't blame them...this was a tough offseason to have nothing to work with

better be active at the deadline though...by then Taj or Noah should have some value

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing

Cavs are still better, but didn't expect much this offseason. Just need to stay healthy and actually score points every once in awhile

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Which IMO isn't a bad strategy for FA this year. Heavy with bigs, and we don't need bigs. Getting desperate and blowing cap on a weak guard is knee-jerkism. Instead, leverage trades.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guard I wanted was Stuckey. He went back to the Pacers though, I think.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be fair, with only the MMLE to work with, who did we expect to get that's better? As we move forward and have bigger contracts coming off the books with increasing cap space, we should be ok. Once again though, this will probably be another season where we say "well we're not beating Lebron, but hey we can try"

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm happy. Somehow they convince Rheinsdorf to take the Luxury tax one year for Dunleavy. With two young SF's and Butler I still have no clue why this money was spent, but it certainly doesn't hurt us just the owners pocket and hyper loads the team with salary and talent.

We are full and then some!! I think we have 1 big to trade, sounds like Hoiberg decision will be to keep 2 of Gibson/Noah/Mirotic. And we should trade one young SF for picks or a shooting guard.

That trade could be made at the deadline, or we will have a bunch of expiring contacts in the next 1-2 years at a good time.

These guys planned ahead. We got this.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
they don't call him standpatpax for nothing

honestly can't blame them...this was a tough offseason to have nothing to work with

better be active at the deadline though...by then Taj or Noah should have some value

Taj for Crawford would be nice

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Literally the exact same team as last season, minus the coach and Bobby Portis. Why should I expect a different result. Noah and Pau are a year older, Rose still needs to prove he can play a full season and remain elite throughout, Butler needs to continue ascending towards superstardom and sure up his offensive game, McDermott, Snell and Mirotic all need to find a way to get more playing time, Gibson needs to come back from his surgery and continue leading the second unit.

For a team that's essentially the same thing as last year, it sure has a lot of questions. Again, I'm not optimistic about the result being much different. And I'm not seeing anyone in the East giving the cream of the West a run for their money. Golden State and San Antonio are both going to be ridiculous. Oklahoma City can't possibly suffer the same player injuries. Dallas will be much improved. Houston, Memphis, the Clippers and New Orleans all figure to be in the mix.... And if we're being realistic, nobody in the East stands a chance. Unless Rose can play 70+ games and return to an All-Star level, we aren't getting past the conference Finals.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Literally the exact same team as last season, minus the coach and Bobby Portis. Why should I expect a different result. Noah and Pau are a year older, Rose still needs to prove he can play a full season and remain elite throughout, Butler needs to continue ascending towards superstardom and sure up his offensive game, McDermott, Snell and Mirotic all need to find a way to get more playing time, Gibson needs to come back from his surgery and continue leading the second unit.

For a team that's essentially the same thing as last year, it sure has a lot of questions. Again, I'm not optimistic about the result being much different. And I'm not seeing anyone in the East giving the cream of the West a run for their money. Golden State and San Antonio are both going to be ridiculous. Oklahoma City can't possibly suffer the same player injuries. Dallas will be much improved. Houston, Memphis, the Clippers and New Orleans all figure to be in the mix.... And if we're being realistic, nobody in the East stands a chance. Unless Rose can play 70+ games and return to an All-Star level, we aren't getting past the conference Finals.

I see so much the same. Will you give me the pleasure of at least one person acknowledging the Dunleavy signing to go over the tax was at least SURPRISING given the combination of Snell and McDermott. I kinda felt it condemned McDermott especially.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I see so much the same. Will you give me the pleasure of at least one person acknowledging the Dunleavy signing to go over the tax was at least SURPRISING given the combination of Snell and McDermott. I kinda felt it condemned McDermott especially, but, if I may further infer, slapped Snell in the face saying he wasn't ready to be a starter.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nate Robinson wasn't worth bringing back. DJ Augustine wasn't wroth bringing back... but Brooks? we must have him.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Nate Robinson wasn't worth bringing back. DJ Augustine wasn't wroth bringing back... but Brooks? we must have him.

These guys all played well under Thibs. There is no guarantee we could bring in some random new PG and have success like that again. Everyone has always bitched about not bringing any of these guys back for a second season, and now they finally do...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
These guys all played well under Thibs. There is no guarantee we could bring in some random new PG and have success like that again. Everyone has always bitched about not bringing any of these guys back for a second season, and now they finally do...

Acie Law played well under VDN.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

DJ played well for the Pistons last season. He was a good combination of scoring/passing. Brooks can't defend for shit and he can't pass. He has stretches here and there when he gets hot, but the most part he's pretty useless.

And the difference now is that people actually wanted DJ back [some wanted Nate back], but the Bulls didn't bring them back. Now a lot of people didn't want Brooks back, and they brought him back.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing

Cavs are still better, but didn't expect much this offseason. Just need to stay healthy and actually score points every once in awhile

I don't expect the bulls to do anything any offseason.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

the truth of the matter is they were stuck with Brooks