Before I Quit Weed: Blackhawks future

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is sobriety going?

It sucks. Though I will say this is the craziest thread I ever read in my life. WHAT THE FUCK? lol. I guess I should cut you guys some slack the next time I am called insane. goddamn.

I have little recollection of that stream of consciousness, my replies, or the existence of any of this.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daniel-Bryan-Angry-Eye-Roll.gif

Thats just pre-posting shape.

I called Bickell when others were calling for his head among some other things on that rant from the ether clouds.

I am now sensing the lines are shaping up.
Game 1.
Dano-Toews-Hossa
Bickell-AA-Kane
Garbutt-Teuvo-Shaw (some guys more than able to take some faceoff pressure off Teuvo)
Desjardins-Kruger-Baun

Panarin, Tikhonov, Paille, Mashinter, Hartman (how many bench do I get? Comiskey, Kopecky, Rasmussen other tough players to consider)

I think Panarin plays his way into Bauns spot eventually. It won't be long before we see a strong winning streak hunker down with

Dano-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-AA-Kane
Bickell-Teuvo-Garbutt
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Imo- This team has 15 NHL starting caliber players who would play in most teams first 3 lines, those 12 plus Tikhonov, Baun, Paille. Though...Hobgoblin might be a stretch at more than a 4th liner, Kruger too.

Thats what I would go with. I think Hobgoblin is in real trouble. I like the skill set and mature play, but the speed, physicality, and conditioning seem lax. I think I have seen enough to know his hockey ability deserves to make the team, but do I think he is the type of guy Q wants on his bench? Him and Panarin both seem to ruffle Q a bit when questioned about it in Blackhawk site interviews. They are loose, jolly guys with great hockey sense, but not the scrappiness Q likes. He is looking at several young North American and Swedish players that are showing they want it bad. These two seem a bit more entitled, and is that going to be enough to secure a bench spot for Q? I hope its not up to him, because they both play hockey above the level of those scrappers around them, and they create chances for others. Its kind of unfair to judge them with lower tier talent around them, as I think Hobgoblin especially is best paired with high caliber athletes and scrappers around him he can create for.

I think they make it in the end, but if Tikhonov gets passed for a scrappy, or Panarin cuz of $, I understand!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the Hawks have proved that regular season matters insofar as qualifying for the playoffs, but seeding matters little. I don't want our top minute guys to play balls to the wall for 82-games - save it for the playoffs.

In fact, I'd start giving Hossa "senior days" as he gets older.

I agree with that wholeheartedly. And I hope like hell that they somehow find a new HOSS who can continue the same kind of play. He is truly one of my favorite players to watch.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm gonna die and go to heaven if TT ends up married to Kane for life at 2C. #lifepartners #pride With Bickell. hahahahah I'll be laughing. screaming nintendo.

Q be crazy but whatever. He'll try em all. TT is a sick player, a savant if you ask me. Look at him. He's a kid. A boy child who came out of a freezing river somewhere in scandanavia as a nomb child. He's a fucking angel from heaven sent to the blackhawks, a little cherub face. We should dub him the cherub. From the netherlands of spacetime, I wish I was better with PAINT or something, I would show you a cherub with his face on it. He's like that little love elf, that arrows people.

That was an awesome post. Both for the content and the words used. I admire that:)