oduya watch official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oduya is a warrior and has a few good years left but I’m not sure Dallas is going to be a good fit. I would assume he is either a 1st or 2nd pair on the Stars and in that case he will likely be paired with Goligoski or Klingberg, both offense 1st guys. That leaves Johnny taking hard hits and hard shifts? He’s 33 with a lot of miles. I dunno about this fit at all.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That sucks for the Hawks but not sure what kind of performance other teams expect out of him, what kind of contract is coming his way. Oduya can be a very effective player if playing with the right partner. What I think gets overlooked by fans who want their team to sign him is that he doesn’t necessarily make his partner better. So if you project him to be a 2-3 defenceman on your team expect to be disappointed. If you expect him to be a 4-5 then he’ll probably make your team better.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He gone. Well I'm not at all bothered with this, as if he wasn't going to sign just a 1 year deal I was wearing. Especially after acquiring Daley there would be seemingly no way Seabs fits. They need to extend Seabs in September if they want to keep him. The way the D prospects have been moving it really makes making sure you keep the big 3 on D critical.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He gone. Well I'm not at all bothered with this, as if he wasn't going to sign just a 1 year deal I was wearing. Especially after acquiring Daley there would be seemingly no way Seabs fits. They need to extend Seabs in September if they want to keep him. The way the D prospects have been moving it really makes making sure you keep the big 3 on D critical.

I'm not sure that this is even true anymore. Year after year Blackhawks have shown they can be elite contenders with only 4 defencemen. I liked Oduya, but there seems to be abundant evidence that most any grinder can be plugged in with the right mix of players and get the job done.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

Don't think you can extend him for much more of a salary hit. Maybe he'll do what Keith did, but I can't see it being worth more than 6 million for him to stay here. Not with the cap going up as little as it has lately.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Don't think you can extend him for much more of a salary hit. Maybe he'll do what Keith did, but I can't see it being worth more than 6 million for him to stay here. Not with the cap going up as little as it has lately.

God damn Canadians and their shitty exchange rate.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Oduya still hasn't signed anywhere. Are they playing chicken with the Hawks?

"OK, that's it, we're not signing in Chicago."

"Did you hear that? No, seriously, we're leaving now..."

"....bye."

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Oduya still hasn't signed anywhere. Are they playing chicken with the Hawks?

To what end? The top 4D is set and Oduya would have zero leverage in any negotiation now. Plus, Versteeg and Bickell are still on the rolls, so Oduya would have to sign for damn near the vet minimum to stay on. They need another 5-6 D (Ehrhoff maybe?) to kick Rundblad back to the bench, but I don't see any way Oduya stoops to filling that role. This is his last chance for a decent contract before his late 30's.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
may I count Oduya in the Stars trade now or is it metephorical, keep in mind if you count this we shed 8 or 9 million in value against cap in salary with this trade.

we traded sharp and johns for Garbutt.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
may I count Oduya in the Stars trade now or is it metephorical, keep in mind if you count this we shed 8 or 9 million in value against cap in salary with this trade.

No, you can't because the Blackhawks had no hand in Oduya going to Dallas outside of not resigning him.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:

But we got Anisimov, Dano, and Panarin for Raanta, so it evens out.

Status
Not open for further replies.