CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Versteeg-Toews-Hossa
Bickell-Anisimov-Kane
Panarin-Teuvo-Dano
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Garbutt, Nordstrom, Morin, Baun, Tikhnikov, McNeil, Hartman

I don't know if its good enough guys. Alot depends on that third line, but what can we expect losing Sharp/Saad/Richards. Thats a ton of skill lost and is sure to impact the other players who benefited from their skill and the pressure they put on opponents. I think that bench is deep and capable compared to recent years. The farm is deep. Injuries can happen, but I don't know if we can beat the Lightning, Montreal, Anaheim, Dallas, or Minnesota, Rangers, Nashville, Washington are teams keeping me up at night. Maybe the Kings if they resurge.

On the off chance that Bowman is able to move Versteeg, it just accelerates Panarin or Teuvo up the ladder in probability with any of those bench players potentially being next up based on what is earned. I'm not convinced Bickell can be moved without eating more salary than Bowman is willing to.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In addition to headphones/music do you think the players get high to pump up for games?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well that team is over the cap also.

unless Kruger 900,000

shaw, kruger, bickel, Daley, versteeg,

we still have to lose at least one.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since this thread sucks I'm just going to do all my off-season high thinking down here from now on.

We have room to become an even better team than we were, but it takes a few small miracles as expected. Dano and Panirin must replace 80% of Saad and Sharp. Anisimov can replace Vermette's production in different ways, but replace it he does by being a better goal scorer and having good hockey sense also. If I trained Anisimov I could definetley bulk him up by 20-30 pounds and make him a power center, but he isn't that at all. I'm back to my college weight, and 6'4" 200 lbs is rather skinny even on my frame. (I'm very thin boned and light weight so I actually have a bit of muscle at 200 I doubt this guy has, I have a 32 inch waist for instance at 6'5")

Teuvo = Sharp (2017) hoping Teuvo can give us 20 goals and 30 assists in 2017, too much?

I think its a great point that its unreasonable to try and be better than an over the cap line-up that won the cup, we just need to be better than we were. Its obvious things had to be completely blown up. Bowman has taken a risk here to try and get better rather than the inevitable back slide. Getting Dano free for Saad while addressing the cumbersome 2C position once and for all was a good score.

I think the above lineup in the OP, is how we start the season minus 1 trade and insert bench. I think the bench is going to be a staple of this team for years to come, as the blackhawks make an effort to preserve their overworked stars (more playoff games) and cycle all available players thouroughly in season. That becomes plausible when you have a deep young bench that can play with some nice agitators.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Whiteout strain wrecks me. Its the genetics of "the white" that i covet, so called because buds form so soaked in white crystals.

I don't know what to do with Teuvo sometimes, and I know they will always experiment with him at 1LW, and 2LW for obvious reasons, and maybe the chemistry with one of those sticks, or at 2C, but I see real value if TT is the real deal, but a little small, of keeping TT your third holy shit how do we find these guys playmaker on a line by himself away from the other two. We win because we might have 2 of the top 50 hockey players of all time, or three, sorry Keith, and then what is Hossa? And partly because Q keeps them seperate most of the time except if we desperately, and I mean despereately only need a goal (like down 3 games to 1) . But TT did well as a playmaker on his own third line. TT made Vermette a better player, and Sharp too and was part of their resurgence at the end. They don't win the cup without that third line stepping up and gelling. So what is TT? A playmaker best kept with his own pair of bullies like Kane to make plays for?
Panarin-Toews-Hossa
Bigfoot-Anisimov-Kane
Baun-Teuvo-Dano
Desjardin-Kruger-Shaw

probably flip Baun and Panarin depending on unknown futures. Kane seems to like Bicks just fine. Fat guy skinny guy nintendo works for me. It could be Anisimov is better on third, and Kane and TT have unreal chemistry. I saw some things that make me wonder about them in the playoffs, like....if Kane and TT are special together and TT can center? Please let them be mostly healthy, my god. Thats why I can't decide if they are better together or blackhawks are better with them spread out?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I rewatched all the NHL Dano goals again, and I misjudged him. He is far more skilled than Shaw. His sharp shooting is close to Taser, as the artistry in his goals is evident. Most of his goals go Q's "peanut butter", top shelf hideaway to glove side and he hits this shot well not he one timer, or if he has time. Panirin has a larger body of work and a vast array of goals to watch.

Panarin is not the skater TT is. He loses control frequently but may be able to replace Sharpie as his hands are that good. He is a little Saad, and a little Sharpie. He has exceptional awareness in tight areas, great reactions to loose pucks, Panarin looks to be the real deal. In this video, he also says Tikhonov is one of the best players in the KHL.

This is a must watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txvBoR535zM faces of the KHL special on Tikhonov a season ago. There is probably little doubt this kid is ready to help us too, I think he is a hockey thouroughbred personally, expect sneaky skills like the foreign players and good feet. He comes up big in clutch moments, the video mentions him leading the Worlds in scoring, as well as a playoff run, as well as leading the team in game winners for a season. The guy comes up biggest in biggest moments. He is a blackhawk.
Crazy moment when his grandfather lights the Sochi torch meters from Tikhonov, only to have him open the scoring just minutes later. He sounds like a locker room plus, and will keep the other Russians loose and unified to the common goal of winning, as his leadership sounds balanced, not like a Toews. A guy who wants to win but will keep it light and fun. These types of leaders offer good balance to one like Toews who can be too serious. They will be united in goal of winning however.

I think we are just a couple of these young potentials away from being able to sit in rocking chairs in 75 years and watch others debate if the 2010-2025 Hawks are the greatest dynasty of all time. That three peat would have been nice, we'll just have to do it now to rest the case.

God forbid anybody comes out of the farm right now and becomes an NHL all-star forward. Baun looks the part, I'll give him that. He has the testosterone and the genetics of hero strength, however, there is so much more you need, we'll see. Or the kid everyone talks about we drafted last year who isn't ready. If we find a top 6 forward in the next 3 years while Panirin, Tikhonov, Dano offer real contributions of plus NHL hockey....I mean we gonna fuck some people up. I have no doubts about TT, as I have rewatched all his stuff and he is the closest thing we will ever find to Kane. Ridiculous. If you get TT and Panarin doing Kaners drills just forget about what we lost on the wings. We are a more balanced team now and have enough guys to make up that production.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
I'm done with Bickell, so I'd prefer something like this. Swap Kruger with Danault/McNeill if you like.

Tuevo-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Steeger-Danault/McNeill-Dano
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TT-Toews-Hossa
Bickell/Versteeg-Anisimov-Kane
Panirin-Tikhonov-Dano
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw If I'm fucking up here, its on the TT call. I don't know where he goes. 1LW, 2LW, 2C, 3C?, 3RW? And I don't know what Tikhonov plays, or if they are really going to switch Dano to LW, I don't like the idea if he says he is comfortable in that 3RW role?

And the chemistry line-up
Dano-Toews-Hossa (eastern european seriousness line)
Bickell-TT-Kane (nintendo- fat guy and two skinny guys=championship line)
Panarin-Anisimov-Tikhonov (mercinary Red Army line)
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw (4 aces)

Keith
Seabs
Hammer
Daley
TVR
Runblaad
Pokka
Forsling
Gustafson

Final answer. Baun, Garbutt, Nordstrom, Danault, Morin, Schmaltz, Hartman, McNeil Should all be able to contribute this year.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I think you guys are seriously short changing Garbutt.

This guy could score 10-15 goals this year on any of the lines, maybe even 20. He's better than Desjardins and I wouldn't be surprised if Shaw was the guy to go instead of Bickell so they can bring on another defenseman. Garbutt is similar to Shaw and half the price.

Versteeg or Teuvo will most-likely take that 1st line LW spot... Panarin probably won't make it. Tikhonov probably won't make it. If I had to put my money on either one, Tikhonov stays.

Last edited: