Russell Wilson Offered $21m/yr - He declines

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Hey, none of our salaries are guaranteed. If I get fired, I don't get another dime.

What the hell does that have to do with someone with 1 in a million talent and an industry where collusion is open and sanctioned?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
guys choosing to wait till marriage and stay pure I don't see that as a bad thing in fact its admirable. a bit antiquated perhaps but there nothing wrong with it at all.
The young man has clearly devoted a big part of his life too his faith and his spiritual journey I don't think it deserves disdain or too be attacked by rabid athiests anymore than a Man who chooses to publicly say he doesn't believe in God should be attacked and or ridiculed by someone who does.

and who are you or I to say god doesn't speak to the guy in his own way and own interpretations

God told me he doesn't.

I suspect God would tell him to use most of that pay to hire somebody for soup kitchens etc. I'll wait and see how that goes.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
how so? The year before wilson, the seahawks were 7-9 with nearly the same exact team. They still had a great d and lynch. Add wilson to the equation, and they win 11 games, then win the super bowl a year later.

Without wilson, the seahawks may have missed the playoffs 2 out of the last three years thanks to that tough division.

this

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He was asked to do a bit more this year and his performance went down. This offer is exactly what I thought it should be. They may move a small amount and put him into a top few type deal but no way he deserves to be the top paid QB. He will get PAID as the salaries are going up with every cycle and I think some are looking at yesterday's values but no way should he get more than low 20s. The guy can make chicken salad out of chicken shit at times but he can do what he did in the SB when asked to play it straight up as well. Other QBs can break a knee, come back and still be effective from the pocket. He's a good pocket passer but not great. If he loses any mobility, he's just good. Little guys need to move just see what's going on.

Russ should be making more than ($21.85 million), Ben Roethlisberger. He should make as much as Rodgers $22 million

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks. Now everyone thinks I'm right.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Russ should be making more than ($21.85 million), Ben Roethlisberger. He should make as much as Rodgers $22 million

Russ doesn't carry his team like Rodgers and it isn't even close

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Russ doesn't carry his team like Rodgers and it isn't even close

Rodgers will probably be getting a pay raise in the near future.

That said giving Wilson's accomplishments...22 mil is probably a bargain.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Does anyone think he can carry a team like other elite QBs do? He's barely in the top 10 in my book. I think any of the following guys would have been even better if they were put in his position over the past two years.

Rodgers
Luck
Brady
Manning
Rivers
Brees
Romo
Rothlisburger

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Eh not so sure about Romo being better than Wilson.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Rodgers will probably be getting a pay raise in the near future.

That said giving Wilson's accomplishments...22 mil is probably a bargain.

Russell Wilson has played in 56 total games that count, playoffs and regular season. In 21, the opposing team has scored at least 18 points. He is 9-12 in those games. In only 19 has the opposing team scored 20 points or more. His record is 9-10 in those games. If you raise the opposing teams score by 1 more point, he is 4-9 when the opposing team scores 21+. He's 0-6 if the opposing team scores 28 or more. That does not seem like a guy that can carry a football team.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I just find his explanation in regards to the whole god talking to him shit very funny and worthy of ridicule.

Making fun of someone isn't "attacking" them or giving them "disdain"... you've gotten overly sensitive on here. I think all the Cutler threads may have gotten to you.
lol you may be right

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson has played in 56 total games that count, playoffs and regular season. In 21, the opposing team has scored at least 18 points. He is 9-12 in those games. In only 19 has the opposing team scored 20 points or more. His record is 9-10 in those games. If you raise the opposing teams score by 1 more point, he is 4-9 when the opposing team scores 21+. He's 0-6 if the opposing team scores 28 or more. That does not seem like a guy that can carry a football team.
Yes but how do those numbers compare to the elite QBs in the league? This is meaningless without context.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eh not so sure about Romo being better than Wilson.

Romo had a D and running game last year. His passer rating was almost 20 points higher than Wilson's. Doesn't mean he's better but it shows how much those aspects can help a QB. The talk was about how much less Tony was asked to do last year and how much it helped him. He still threw for 30 more yards per game played. Wilson made that up in rushing stats but that's not what I pay #1 QB money for. The guy deserves his pay day but Seattle is in the right range.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes but how do those numbers compare to the elite QBs in the league? This is meaningless without context.

This is a good point. If you used this stat to judge with the first few years of Rodgers as a starter he would look pretty terrible.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

The W-L numbers are actually pretty decent when compared to a QB like Tom Brady's first 3 years as a starter.

I'm just using the opponents scored 18+ points parameter.

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This is a good point. If you used this stat to judge with the first few years of Rodgers as a starter he would look pretty terrible.

It looks like he was 9-19 when opponents scored 18 points or more.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Does anyone think he can carry a team like other elite QBs do? He's barely in the top 10 in my book. I think any of the following guys would have been even better if they were put in his position over the past two years.

Rodgers
Luck
Brady
Manning
Rivers
Brees
Romo
Rothlisburger

Of those QBs who would you rather build around? Only Luck is under 30 and I'm thinking in 3 years at least 3 of those QBs have either regressed to not warrant a big contract or will be out of the league.

Of that group who would you give a 6 year franchise QB deal that has a lot of guarantees?

If you want to do an apples to apples comparison lets compare each of those QBs at the age of 27 to Russell Wilson:

Rodgers - by 26 he already started 2 seasons, but by his 4th season he attempted 59 passes in the NFL.
Luck - He's totally worth it.
Brady - You guys make fun of Wilson for not producing statistically???
Manning - He was awesome then and worth the money.
Rivers - He was solid
Brees - He was leaving San Diego and had a serious shoulder injury from a playoff game.
Romo - At the same point in his career he had only 10 NFL starts.
Rothlisburger - At the time he was being accused of rape and was just a year away from a dumb motorcycle accident.

With 3 years in the NFL Wilson has started every game like he's a first overall pick, had a great QB rating and been an imporant part of a winning team. What more does someone want?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
It looks like he was 9-19 when opponents scored 18 points or more.

That's weird. Are you implying when someone plays better teams they don't win as much???

I thought Peyton's winning record (I'll pretend only the QB controls the win/loss) dropped while playing playoff caliber teams only because he's terrible at his job...