Cutler on Marshall: No one likes their ex after breakup

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Cutler had an interesting take when NFL Network's Stacey Dales asked the quarterback about Marshall's comments on the Bears' lack of chemistry on offense last season. The full interview will be aired on "Inside Training Camp Primetime" at 8 p.m. ET.

"No one really likes their ex-girlfriend just after a breakup," said Cutler, who first broke up with Marshall during their days with the Broncos. "He's fine and he's been like that for as long as I've known him. He's an incredible player, he did a lot for us here, it just didn't work out. I could've been the guy that got shipped out of here as well.

"New staff, new GM, you just never know what's gonna happen. He's gonna do well with the Jets and I know he's in unbelievable shape, I've seen him work out in Chicago a little bit, so he's gonna do well."

Cutler could have easily bashed the Jets wideout who's on his fourth team -- especially after Marshall called the recently retired Kyle Orton the best quarterback he's ever played with.

Cutler did the right thing not taking the bait. He has a new coaching staff and front office to impress and getting into the blame game with an old ex wouldn't help.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
When reading it sorta sounded like Cutler is taking the high road...

Not sure what the hell is going on with that...

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Cutlers such a pussy

Yeah, I sorta read the title and came running in hoping for a blood bath. Cutler is just taking a mature, open appraoch.

Maybe the 'ex-girlfriend' reference can be spun into him calling Marshall a girl or maybe that they were lovers, but that's even a stretch for a message board.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
How about this, let's respond to what Cutler should have said. I'll go first:

Cutler said that after the first practice at training camp rookie first round pick Kevin White has shown a boost in pure speed that the WR core lacked in previous seasons. The strange part of this comment was that White was sidelined the entire practice with a shin injury...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's taken the high ground and not taken the bait. Good for him.

Can't believe there are still people who think shipping Marshall and his attention requirements was a bad idea. :oprah:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He's taken the high ground and not taken the bait. Good for him.

Can't believe there are still people who think shipping Marshall and his attention requirements was a bad idea. :oprah:

Yeah, but if you were Cutler what would you have said when asked that question?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
"I could've been the guy that got shipped out of here as well."

a8b122c60bcea91b8c553cd618e68e7d117ba4201f58ff4615940a242c561703.jpg

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Good on Cutz

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler is a class act and always has been. The stupid read his facial expressions and make story's up that he is a bad guy. He is not the QB I was hoping for but he is a good guy.

He did really well with this, but to say he's always been this good with the media isn't true. He was an akward cocky little fuck in his first 4-5 years, then the radio show really kinda relaxed him a bit and he has done much better since, IMO.