Jay Cutler lacks poise, is inconsistent, needs to be accountable, Angelo says

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-f...se-inconsistent-needs-accountable-angelo-says

WRITTEN BY RICK MORRISSEY POSTED: 08/19/2015, 03:20PM

cutler before reading:

P1CUTLER-CST-032515_52781212.jpg

cutler after reading:

:shibe:

Jerry Angelo deserves some credit. Too many NFL personnel people are reluctant to fully admit mistakes, even years after their blunders.

Not so with Angelo, the former Bears general manager who traded Kyle Orton, two first-round draft picks and a third-round choice to Denver for Jay Cutler in 2009.

Angelo ranks Cutler 21st among NFL quarterbacks in garysheltonsports.com. Here’s what he has to say about Jay the Coach and GM Slayer:

“Has the physical tools, but inconsistent, particularly in the clutch, mostly due to a lack of poise. He’s not comfortable reading defenses and consequently locks on to a favorite or predetermined target that may or may not be the right choice. The less he’s asked to see the better he is. A better half-field general than a full-field one. This will be his make-or-break year. Needs to be his biggest critic and hold himself accountable.’’

These are some of the same things we’ve been saying about Cutler since Angelo traded for him. Inconsistent? Check. Locks on to a favorite target? Hello, Brandon Marshall. Needs to hold himself accountable? Yes, please.

The Bears might be in a different place today if Angelo hadn’t decided Cutler was an elite quarterback six years ago. And they’d be in a better place if Angelo’s replacement, Phil Emery, hadn’t given Cutler a seven-year, $126 million contract extension, with $54 million guaranteed.

But it’s nice to know that somebody deeply involved in this mess is saying that our eyes haven’t been deceiving us all these years.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-f...se-inconsistent-needs-accountable-angelo-says

WRITTEN BY RICK MORRISSEY POSTED: 08/19/2015, 03:20PM

cutler before reading:

P1CUTLER-CST-032515_52781212.jpg

cutler after reading:

:shibe:

Jerry Angelo deserves some credit. Too many NFL personnel people are reluctant to fully admit mistakes, even years after their blunders.

Not so with Angelo, the former Bears general manager who traded Kyle Orton, two first-round draft picks and a third-round choice to Denver for Jay Cutler in 2009.

Angelo ranks Cutler 21st among NFL quarterbacks in garysheltonsports.com. Here’s what he has to say about Jay the Coach and GM Slayer:

“Has the physical tools, but inconsistent, particularly in the clutch, mostly due to a lack of poise. He’s not comfortable reading defenses and consequently locks on to a favorite or predetermined target that may or may not be the right choice. The less he’s asked to see the better he is. A better half-field general than a full-field one. This will be his make-or-break year. Needs to be his biggest critic and hold himself accountable.’’

These are some of the same things we’ve been saying about Cutler since Angelo traded for him. Inconsistent? Check. Locks on to a favorite target? Hello, Brandon Marshall. Needs to hold himself accountable? Yes, please.

The Bears might be in a different place today if Angelo hadn’t decided Cutler was an elite quarterback six years ago. And they’d be in a better place if Angelo’s replacement, Phil Emery, hadn’t given Cutler a seven-year, $126 million contract extension, with $54 million guaranteed.

But it’s nice to know that somebody deeply involved in this mess is saying that our eyes haven’t been deceiving us all these years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

number 31 all time in 4th quarter comebacks. he isnt a top QB but he is better than 21st in the league

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At least Angelo admits he lied to fans when he tried to sell cutler as a franchise QB.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Jay had #24 KJ Barner in the backfield it would prevent other defenses from blitzing so much due to the hole-busting ability of his "strong back" play style.

meh. if you said Chase Bromsley I might agree with you. But by the time Chase breaks out Cutler will have been sacked 69 more times.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck Angelo, he's in a way responsible for ruining any chance for developing Cutler. I'm not saying Cutler doesn't have his flaws and doesn't carry his own responsibility, because obviously he does. But with the hits he took with that piss-poor offensive line, Angelo should be in jail.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Fuck Angelo, he's in a way responsible for ruining any chance for developing Cutler. I'm not saying Cutler doesn't have his flaws and doesn't carry his own responsibility, because obviously he does. But with the hits he took with that piss-poor offensive line, Angelo should be in jail.
Cutler doesn't want to be developed. He's had plenty of opportunities.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
I don't blame Angelo for making the trade. Cutler was young, had the potential to grow, and all the tools to be elite. Orton didn't have the same ceiling, and you don't often get a shot at landing somebody with Cutler's potential. It didn't turn out the way we wanted, and that's a bitter pill to swallow. But in that situation I would have made the trade too, every time.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't blame Angelo for making the trade. Cutler was young, had the potential to grow, and all the tools to be elite. Orton didn't have the same ceiling, and you don't often get a shot at landing somebody with Cutler's potential. It didn't turn out the way we wanted, and that's a bitter pill to swallow. But in that situation I would have made the trade too, every time.
Yeah but as Aquineas said why bring someone in with Michael Angelo skills and give him crayons and broken paint brushes to work with. Cutler may or may not have ever been a great long term QB, but when your GM says the QB makes the receiver and gives him, Hester as a #1 and Webb to protect your blind side... Holy Fuck.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If Cutler would have stayed with the Shanahans for another 3-4 years @ denver he would be an unquestionable top 10 QB

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Angelo brought himself another 3 years with the Cutler trade. And no QB was going to make Devin Hester a no 1 receiver.

Agreed, and no receiver was going to make Cuntler a first tier NFL QB....no we know that.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but as Aquineas said why bring someone in with Michael Angelo skills and give him crayons and broken paint brushes to work with. Cutler may or may not have ever been a great long term QB, but when your GM says the QB makes the receiver and gives him, Hester as a #1 and Webb to protect your blind side... Holy Fuck.

Yeah, but I think there is a bit more truth to that statement by JA then we give him credit for. A QB can do a lot to make WRs and even OL look better than they are.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
consistently inconsistent

[video=youtube;9ZacUxU868U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZacUxU868U[/video]

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah, but I think there is a bit more truth to that statement by JA then we give him credit for. A QB can do a lot to make WRs and even OL look better than they are.
Real special ones can, like P Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers. Cutler was never going to be that. Hanging possibly both the worst receiving corps and OLine on him with questionable, at best, coaching and play calling was a mountain he was never going to climb. You can win with Jay Cutler, maybe even win it all, but you won't win solely because of Jay Cutler, not at least without some good guidance and support.