Long to T, am I missing something?

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
What else does the staff need to see from that waste of space Mills to make the move? You can not have an effective offense if you have an open door for the left defensive end to walk through. Am I the only one thinking this?

Reactions: DC

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
What else does the staff need to see from that waste of space Mills to make the move? You can not have an effective offense if you have an open door for the left defensive end to walk through. Am I the only one thinking this?

Surely you jest.....

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
The offensive line is fine. Mills is an issue, but that can be solved either by implementing Ola, or by keeping Bennett/Forte on the right side for extra protection.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

You are absolutely right! It's much easier to find a serviceable guard than a tackle and I'm 100% confident that Long would be a very good if not pro bowl right tackle! The impact of him at right tackle would be far greater than having him playing guard! It's a complete head scratcher!!!!!!!!

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
you are absolutely right! It's much easier to find a serviceable guard than a tackle and i'm 100% confident that long would be a very good if not pro bowl right tackle! The impact of him at right tackle would be far greater than having him playing guard! It's a complete head scratcher!!!!!!!!

ftfy

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. Yes, I think you are missing something.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Let's see Ola this weekend. If he sucks bad and Mills continues to look bad, then maybe think about Long to RT, especially if any other guards look decent with the 2nd and 3rd teams. I'd rather pick up another team's castoff than move Long though, really.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
You are absolutely right! It's much easier to find a serviceable guard than a tackle and I'm 100% confident that Long would be a very good if not pro bowl right tackle! The impact of him at right tackle would be far greater than having him playing guard! It's a complete head scratcher!!!!!!!!

Not enough !

Please re-write.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

giphy.gif

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
The time to move Long to RT was early on in training camp (if there ever was a time), not two weeks before the Packers come to town.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
They did switch Leno over to the right and Ola to the left today after Mills went out.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
With the possibility of the Bears getting a top 5 pick, they could decide to draft either Laremy Tunsil or Ronnie Stanley.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
What you're missing is the three best players on the OL other than the starters are the OTs. There isn't a decent RG on the team so if Long struggles at RT you've compounded the problem by creating two weaknesses where you have just one.

So many have been anxious to move Long to OT, but if you've actually seen him try OT you'll realize how bad he is. Long despite his NFL Combine success is not an OT type of athlete. Long does bend well, he doesn't kick slide well, he doesn't work his way out to the edge in pass protection well as an OT needs to do.

The idea that Long can play tackle because he's 6-6 and runs a fast 40 and jumps really high in the vertical and broad jump doesn't mean that skill automatically translates well to him playing OT.

I have no idea why this simple fundamental gets lost with so many people on is board but it does, just because Long performed well at the combine and is tall doesn't mean he is the same type of OT athlete as Tyron Smith.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Crazy thought.

Long is an All Pro OG

Maybe he wouldn't be an All Pro OT?

Why turn your greatest strength into an okay player.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With the possibility of the Bears getting a top 5 pick, they could decide to draft either Laremy Tunsil or Ronnie Stanley.

Neither play QB.

But RT could easily be the pick in the 2nd round if they draft a young QB.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Neither play QB.

But RT could easily be the pick in the 2nd round if they draft a young QB.
Sorry about that. Should've clarified better.

I really don't like the sound of selecting a tackle in the second this year though. I would only take one if either Conklin, Ifedi, or Decker were available by then. But hey, anything can happen.