https://twitter.com/jmarcuswebb
:lmao:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Has anyone figured out who cameragyrl is?

Whateverest

Well, I noticed another poster say that Leno was short for a tackle but had great feet and hands, I'm not sure if that's a chiropodists wet dream, but it will be interesting to see if he plays any better than Mills has in the opening game.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
All the tweets about going to work, sorta sad. It's as if he works harder trying to convince people he works hard rather then just working hard.

No wonder Biff loves him, I think that is what he does with his bread winning wife.

J_Webb Nation/BearsFan51 kindred spirits.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The problem with Leno is that he does not look the part.

He is a dumpy 6'4" 300lbs OT, if he was Tayo's size (6'6" 335lbs) we would all be clamouring for him to play.

Mills pass pro will get Cutler killed, Leno may be a downgrade in the run game, but the pass pro will be a huge upgrade.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
All I can ever think of reading about him is this:

[video=youtube;sPG6OQy2iwI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPG6OQy2iwI[/video]

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Remember that time Phil Emery rebuilt and fixed the offensive line in one off-season?

I remember the following offseason when people were doing mock drafts I'd keep saying that the Bears need to add OL and kept getting back that you guy were good there because that problem was already fixed...

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The problem with Leno is that he does not look the part.

He is a dumpy 6'4" 300lbs OT, if he was Tayo's size (6'6" 335lbs) we would all be clamouring for him to play.

Mills pass pro will get Cutler killed, Leno may be a downgrade in the run game, but the pass pro will be a huge upgrade.

Jeff Dickerson was saying that Leno in camp looked much improve from last year (as to be expected) But he does need to add more lower body strength and probably add around 10-15 pounds of muscle but despite him being 6'4 he has very long arms at 34 3/8 inches.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember the following offseason when people were doing mock drafts I'd keep saying that the Bears need to add OL and kept getting back that you guy were good there because that problem was already fixed...
Less fixed, but very heavily invested in with a first round pick and two heavy contracts. I like Slauson, but we need start looking past Bushrod because there is a lot of crap behind him.

OL could be a first round pick next season.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Less fixed, but very heavily invested in with a first round pick and two heavy contracts. I like Slauson, but we need start looking past Bushrod because there is a lot of crap behind him.

OL could be a first round pick next season.

I sorta got the feeling that the Bears OL has been so bad for so long that having a top 1/2 finish all of a sudden it wasn't an issue that has to be addressed, when the truth is if you want a good OL you need to add 1-3 people per draft. Some will be UFDAs, but it's a process where the individual names rotate from year to year, but overall having that area be a priroity is something a team has to commit to annually.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if posted. About time.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/894586/tackle-charles-leno-practices-bears-1-offense

INDIANAPOLIS – Second-year offensive tackle Charles Leno Jr.’s strong training camp has earned him a big opportunity.

Leno worked with the Bears’ first-team offense during the second of two joint practices with the Colts on Thursday at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center.

Jordan Mills, who has started 29 games over the previous two seasons, worked with the second team before leaving late with a calf injury.

Coach John Fox wouldn’t commit to starting Leno against the Colts in their preseason game on Saturday night, saying he needed to speak to his staff. Mills’ injury will be factor, but Leno also has impressed the Bears’ coaches throughout camp.

“[Leno has] been playing with the two’s all camp, and he’s been performing well,” Fox said.

Leno, a seventh-round pick in 2014, has earned the support of offensive line coach Dave Magazu because of his versatility. Earlier in camp, Leno played in place of left tackle Jermon Bushrod, who had been limited by a back injury.

“Love Charles,” Magazu said at Olivet Nazarene University. “He’s done a great job. He’s working his butt off. He’s played every position along the offensive line in this camp. I think he has a ton of ability and he’s going to be a good football player here.”

Follow me on Twitter @adamjahns
Email: ajahns@suntimes.com
I approve of this move.:clap:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jeff Dickerson was saying that Leno in camp looked much improve from last year (as to be expected) But he does need to add more lower body strength and probably add around 10-15 pounds of muscle but despite him being 6'4 he has very long arms at 34 3/8 inches.
I have never been a fan of PFF "stats", but found something that is a bit applicable and interesting. The page I linked (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/08/06/does-arm-length-affect-ot-play/)has PFF grade as it relates to OT arm length. I don't think their grades are very useful, but what is interesting is, whatever methodology they use to grade OT's, arm length seems completely unrelated to performance and a slight reverse correlation is actually noted.

Long arms generally mean long legs and only very elite OT's can be 6'6"+ and maintain quick feet. Leno's lack of height, if 6'3" or 6'4" can be considered short, combined with long arms may actually be an ideal OT build. It would allow him to keep a lower base yet still keep the DE's off him with the longer arms, but natural ability and desire still trump any body type at any position.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is an interesting point.

Being tall sacrifices leverage, but length often comes with height. The best OTs right now seem to be sub 6'6".

My eyes will be glued to Leno tomorrow night.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes but how high is his ass off the ground. Looks like he's got long legs as well and is a short body kind of guy. He looked far from special before the draft but if he's now stronger, can hold his own and move his feet, he'll be a welcome improvement. I'm still pissed Webb couldn't get his head screwed on straight and that prototype body to work for him.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This from WGNradio.com

1. Charles Leno Jr. was bumped up to the starting offensive line, and not just because Jordan Mills got hurt. Mills suffered a calf injury Thursday, but before he left practice, he was working with the second unit while Leno saw time with the starters.

“(Leno) has been playing with the twos all camp, performing well, and when Jordan Mills went out, he was the logical guy to stick there,” Fox said.

But Leno was stuck there before Mills went out, which makes the right tackle situation very interesting to watch Saturday night. Mills might not play because of the calf injury, but even if he does, it’s possible Leno starts the game. And if Mills doesn’t play, it will still be a huge opportunity for Leno — a seventh round draft pick out of Boise State in 2014 — because Mills has struggled at the position this preseason.

Are you sure about that? Cause everything you have posted makes it out like Leno was put in because Mills went down.