Eddie Goldman is a LOAD

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Look, I know the Colts OL sucks and yes it's only pre-season -- but its undeniable that Eddie Goldman is a load. They couldn't even stop him with double teams. People know how I feel about the White pick (long before the injury) but man, Pace hit it out of the park with Goldman. I love his physical traits/measurables, but what I really like is his instincts. He knows what move to make and when to make it. The guy's a bruiser.

Get this guy some seasoning on technique for a year and watch out. Between him and McPhee, we have two really good Defensive pieces to build with. Watch, this guy's a stud.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Look, I know the Colts OL sucks and yes it's only pre-season -- but its undeniable that Eddie Goldman is a load. They couldn't even stop him with double teams. People know how I feel about the White pick (long before the injury) but man, Pace hit it out of the park with Goldman. I love his physical traits/measurables, but what I really like is his instincts. He knows what move to make and when to make it. The guy's a bruiser.

Get this guy some seasoning on technique for a year and watch out. Between him and McPhee, we have two really good Defensive pieces to build with. Watch, this guy's a stud.

So.....

Back to 10-6?

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
We shall see if he'll have a better career than Danny Shelton.....but yeah....this guy could be a Beast up front......"Point.....Pace."

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:
Now just imagine if that one dude slipped another spot.

Ratliff---Goldman---Williams

Sure we likely could've gone a different route in round 2 in that case (OT-Fisher?) but still a fun line to picture. Hopefully we can reward some of these guys on one year deals (Acho, Jenkings, McClellin) and see what young guns can step up and show a little something (Amos, Jones, Fuller).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's nice when a need and BPA are one in the same and this draft sort of fell that way.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I completely missed game two. Anyone know if it's going to air on NFLN again?

supra8795

Liked Posts:
I completely missed game two. Anyone know if it's going to air on NFLN again?

Its airing on Thursday but I'm not sure of the channel. I got it set to record but can't remember what channel.

Reactions: DC

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Liked Posts:

I'm not really for or against the White pick & have been that way since it was made. I clearly & specifically wanted either one of Dupree or Beasley instead. However White is a physical freak if healthy & before the whole shin thing came to light his raw physical tools are what kept me from hating the pick like I do the Fuller & McClellin picks. Whites measurables, raw speed & playing power are the model of what I personally like to see from a WR when it comes to their natural skillset. So I don't literally hate that pick even though I believe that a defender was the clear way to go when the Bears had the pick of the litter to choose from with much needed 3-4 OLB edge rushers, in a draft deep at WR. IMO they could have gotten just as good if not better value by drafting a different WR in a later round, than they did with drafting White.

However that being said, I love picks 2-5 from this Bears draft. I personally believe that all of Goldman, Grasu, Langford & Amos will all end up becoming good players within a 3 year period, if not sooner. I really do believe the Bears got good players with those 4 picks which does make that first pick not sting quite so much. At least for me.

Moose27

Liked Posts:
I like Goldman but Shelton was a better option than White.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Eddie Goldman is on DJ's face? Sounds like it would be painful to most...

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
Meh, every time I see this thread title, it reads like the OP was saying Eddie Goldman is a load of crap.