Shea 10-6
Fuller 2-5-9
Lions 7-9
Vikings 6-10

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bridgewater definitely improved. thrown in to a starting role in week 4 to replace a craptastic Cassell on a team that lost its offensive focus after week 1.
He was typical mid level rookie bad the first 3 weeks, and then in games 5-16 he put up a 94 rating, 12 tds and 7 ints.
I would say for a rookie who was not intended to be thrown in coupled with the loss of peterson that is pretty damn good. Minnesotas best RB last year racked up less than 600 yards.

Nobody is saying he didn't improve. But to what level is the question? Not saying he won't end up being a very good QB either, just not this year.
Compare that to staffords usual production, (outside of the crazy 2011 season) and bridgewater comes out on top.
Compare that to what many believe is Cutlers best bears season, 2011, and Bridgewater comes out on top.

Before I get into an argument over who will have a better year, one needs to define the parameters. Not a huge fan of QBR, but if you want to talk total yards or touchdowns thrown, both Cutler and Stafford will trounce Bridgewater this year. If you want to compare a QB he dinks and dunks short safe pass's all game long to a Qb who airs it out on a consistent basis, not an apples to apples comparison. Bridgewater's numbers look good as he was being handled properly as a rookie. Small playbook, safe pass's, etc etc. Lets see if the Vikes open up the playbook for him this year and how he progress's. This is why so many QB's "slump" in their second year.

Nobody is saying Bridgewater is great, and I dont even think he has to be good neccessarily (although if you look at the entire arc of the year his arrow seems to be pointing up).
We are talking about a decent Vikings defense with an exceptional OC, a 2nd year QB that has an entire offseason to learn the offense as a starter instead of being tossed in week 4, and at the very worst, a running back who will be very good and demand respect.

Minnesota was comparable if not better than chicago last year, and Minnesota was in meltdown mode in week 2 with a brand new coaching staff... but they turned out fairly respectable given the circumstances.
Functional by Bridgewater will be a massive upgrade, And a well rested peterson... the same guy that put up 2000 yards after acl surgery... means minnesota has had 2 massive upgrades in the offseason.

Green bay took a big talent hit this week, detroit is detroit, and Chicago is roughly even with Marshall leaving and Royal arriving.

Assuming Peterson will do it again, two years later is absurd. Perhaps the Bears should sign Montana, I hear he has had lots of rest? This is the same back that almost refused to even play for the Vikes, Green bays loss is overstated, Detroit is Detroit is an argument when you don't have an argument, and Royal = Marshal is laughable.

Feel free to mock me when the vikings fail miserably, but as it stands they are the only team in the division that looks to be in a significantly better position going in to this season.[/QUOTE]

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Pack 12-4
Vikes 10-6
Lions 8-8
Bear 6-10

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
I am not high on the Vikings at all.

Bridgewater does not look like a franchise QB to me. I don't think he will ever even be as good as Cutler. Even in Week 17 at their place, we barely lost because we were almost trying to lose the game. They already lost one of their best defenders for the year. Their defense is kinda overrated anyway. Zimmer is alright but not as good as Fangio. AP being back is the best part of their team and I am not even sure about that. How do RBs do a year away from football? It is unprecedented.

The vikes were 27th on offense last year....just bad. And the backup Bears D shut them down week 17. They are this year's media darling pick like AZ was years ago and kept missing the playoffs. I think the vikes will miss it again this year

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The vikes were 27th on offense last year....just bad. And the backup Bears D shut them down week 17. They are this year's media darling pick like AZ was years ago and kept missing the playoffs. I think the vikes will miss it again this year

Yeah, but you also think that Rodgers is a big choke artist, so I think your criticism of the media should fall on deaf ears.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FWIW, I've been watching Teddy B without AP all pre-season and he's been looking fine, he moves well and goes through his progressions nicely. I think they make a leap this year, especially if AP ends being AP of a few years ago.

Viks 10-6
Packers 9-7
Lions 9-7
Bears 6-10

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I am not high on the Vikings at all.

Bridgewater does not look like a franchise QB to me. I don't think he will ever even be as good as Cutler. Even in Week 17 at their place, we barely lost because we were almost trying to lose the game. They already lost one of their best defenders for the year. Their defense is kinda overrated anyway. Zimmer is alright but not as good as Fangio. AP being back is the best part of their team and I am not even sure about that. How do RBs do a year away from football? It is unprecedented.

Good point. Ricky Williams never really returned to his former self.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Really vikes 10 and 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts are that the Viks actually have a solid D, this is the 2nd year in that system, Bridgewater isn't a rookie and he has Peterson. Also, at this point Rudolph is healthy. On the surface that doesn't mean much, but he's a mismatch for both LBs and safeties.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Good point. Ricky Williams never really returned to his former self.

It's Adrian Peterson. He was the leading rusher with just months removed from ACL reconstruction.

Also, being an NFCN rival you've seen him his entire career. Until he shows he's lost a step it's probably wise to assume he'll be the same guy he's always been.

Maybe to counter your thoughts that AP will regress you should remember he isn't running against Lovie's Tampa 2 that features Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, etc... in their prime.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Bears: Eddie Royal Misses Practice with Hip Injury, Considered Day-to-Day; Top 4 CHI Receivers Currently Sidelined

can jay run the wishbone offense?

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but you also think that Rodgers is a big choke artist, so I think your criticism of the media should fall on deaf ears.

No....you're right...it's someone else playing qb and losing those games. These games are on film too so I knew you would have a hard time with that fact. :bowrofl:

The vikes are being pumped up and quite a bit are buying in. I'm sure you know that the vegas odds for season wins for them has went from 7 to 7.5 with a -250 on the over.

Also....how do you get criticism of the media from saying the Vikes are the media darlings? Lol good post

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No....you're right...it's someone else playing qb and losing those games. These games are on film too so I knew you would have a hard time with that fact. :bowrofl:

The vikes are being pumped up and quite a bit are buying in. I'm sure you know that the vegas odds for season wins for them has went from 7 to 7.5 with a -250 on the over.

Also....how do you get criticism of the media from saying the Vikes are the media darlings? Lol good post

Can you please edit so these comments make sense to those of us that aren't drunk and stoned?

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Can you please edit so these comments make sense to those of us that aren't drunk and stoned?

Good repsonse. I thought you would respong in a skirting way in regards to a qb named Rodgers losing those games. Also great retort on the really bright media comment you made that you got called out on.

So was Rodgers playing in those playoff choke games? A simple yes or no would do for those of us who don't want to read a paragraph of denial or excuses.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good repsonse. I thought you would respong in a skirting way in regards to a qb named Rodgers losing those games. Also great retort on the really bright media comment you made that you got called out on.

So was Rodgers playing in those playoff choke games? A simple yes or no would do for those of us who don't want to read a paragraph of denial or excuses.

I'll try to read it when I'm home from work and had a couple bourbons then. Cheers!