IST Cubs @ Dodgers

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know this is kinda
icon_smile_deadhorse.gif
but I have no idea how Lester's inability to throw over to bases doesn't hurt the team more. Every single or walk looks like it's about to be a disaster but it usually ends up alright

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I know this is kinda
icon_smile_deadhorse.gif
but I have no idea how Lester's inability to throw over to bases doesn't hurt the team more. Every single or walk looks like it's about to be a disaster but it usually ends up alright
I was actually thinking how it could bite him in ass come playoffs. .

Have to figure he will match up against opposing 1 or 2 so game should be low scoring and close.

So, any baserunners with some speed will be stealing to get to get in scoring position or trying to steal to get to 3rd with less then 2 outs. ..

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I was actually thinking how it could bite him in ass come playoffs. .

Have to figure he will match up against opposing 1 or 2 so game should be low scoring and close.

So, any baserunners with some speed will be stealing to get to get in scoring position or trying to steal to get to 3rd with less then 2 outs. ..

And the two teams that would exploit that the most just happen to play in the NL Central.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Alright Lester. Let's go.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ugh. Here we go.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's game..thankfully SF lost I guess

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pull him. Cmon..

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No clue why Lester was even in.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
4 ugly ones in a row...

Monday and the home stand cant get here soon enough to rescue this team..

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This west coast trip sucks.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Maybe its sme but in 40+ years of watching cubs baseball we aeem to ALWAYS gets wacked in california no matter the opponent or situation.

If im not mistaken we're 0-7 there in the playoffs.

Fully expected a 2 or 3 win trip at best ane now just hoping we make it home without any further injuries

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's back to not hitting again or more like not hitting with men OB. Just a week or 10 days ago, a two run deficit was nothing....now it's Mt. Everest. They really need to score some runs to get the pressure off their staff some.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come on Cubs. Get some of these guys home.

greg23

Liked Posts:
It's back to not hitting again or more like not hitting with men OB. Just a week or 10 days ago, a two run deficit was nothing....now it's Mt. Everest. They really need to score some runs to get the pressure off their staff some.

Nobody can hit right now starting with roy and mvp candidate kyle schwarber

His 150/190/215 avg last 7/15/30 games has become reality despite the continued fawning over his incredible start. Missing soler and a banged uo fowler is exposing the teams lack of of depth as denorfia-schwarber-Bryant-coghlin are all butchers out there with no range and we're forced to play them together too often.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Cubs struggle on the road when it comes to scoring runs.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Going to need Arrieta to kill the streak again tomorrow

Gotta get 1 in LA

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, the Cubs losing cost me 3 grand. Lester couldn't finish the batters in the 7th. Russell DP was a killer. I want Baez and I want him now. lol WE need another power bat. He has been playing all over the diamond and taking ball in right on his own. 2 runs off of Latos is garbage. He has not had his best stuff this year. I hope this isn't a long lull. I have feared this for awhile. Jake needs to be the stopper tom.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Admittedly I'm more down on Baez than most but I don't really see him as the easy offense some apparently do. I mean just as a objective counter point the 3 big rookies(Schwarber Bryant and Russell) were a combined 2 for 10 with 4 K's and a walk last night. The night before Schwarber didn't play but Russell and Bryant were 0 for 7 with 6 K's. The night before that they were 1 for 11 with 6 K's. So that's what 3 for their last 28 with a walk and 16 K's? The question I'd ask is why Baez would be any better than them? All 3 have shown more at the major league level than he has and yet they obviously not hitting the past few games.

To be blunt, I think it's far more likely that Castro rediscovers the ability to hit than Baez making a huge impact and clearly the cubs have a vested interest in Castro figuring things out whether or not he's in their plans for next year or not. Plus Castro has been.... better.... don't really want to say good here.... in August hitting .274/.297/.403 which other than his red hot start to the season has been far and away his best month this year. He's also been making better contact with 65% medium contact and 17.5% hard according to fangraphs in August which is a fairly significant rise of about 8% over June/July's rates in terms of boost to those two areas. His .ISO in August is also up to .129 which is creeping toward the .146 he had last year and is above his career marks of .119. That's not to say things are prefect for Castro. He's still only walking at like a 3% clip in August which has been a trend most of the year but he has countered that some by striking out less at 7.8%.

I honestly just don't see Maddon throwing Baez out there daily for the 100-150 PAs left in the season. I'd imagine he'd play the match ups with Castro and La Stella seeing more time and Baez being a bat off the bench. I've argued this for awhile but the problem with having talented rookies is they are feast or famine most of the time and I see no reason to believe Baez would be any different. When the cubs were going good through that 25 game stretch recently the rookies were playing well particularly Schwarber and Russell. The past 3 games all 3 have obviously given the team nothing. If anything I feel like adding Baez as an every day player right now would just magnify that issue.