REPORT: Five teams have interest in Patrick Kane

Ron Burgundy

Patrick-Kane.jpg

While a police investigation continues to find out what happened at Patrick Kane's Hamburg, N.Y. home on Aug. 2, a few teams have called the Chicago Blackhawks inquiring about the star winger. Kane hasn't been charged with anything and might not be but if he is and the Blackhawks decide to part ways with him, there are teams interested. The Chicago Sun Times beat reporter Mark Lazerus touched on the subject in his story today:
At least five teams contacted the Hawks once the Buffalo News first reported the investigation — which involves Kane and a woman at his Hamburg home — and said they’d be willing trade partners should the Hawks decide to cut ties with their superstar winger, according to a league source. The 26-year-old is entering the first year of a record-setting eight-year, $84-million contract.​
Yes, you read that correctly at least FIVE teams have interest in Kane since the news broke. That doesn't mean the Blackhawks will trade him and it won't be easy to find a good suitor for Kane. The team would likely want top prospects back or at least another serviceable star. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks leading into the 2015-16 season.

More...

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patrick-Kane.jpg

While a police investigation continues to find out what happened at Patrick Kane's Hamburg, N.Y. home on Aug. 2, a few teams have called the Chicago Blackhawks inquiring about the star winger. Kane hasn't been charged with anything and might not be but if he is and the Blackhawks decide to part ways with him, there are teams interested. The Chicago Sun Times beat reporter Mark Lazerus touched on the subject in his story today:
At least five teams contacted the Hawks once the Buffalo News first reported the investigation — which involves Kane and a woman at his Hamburg home — and said they’d be willing trade partners should the Hawks decide to cut ties with their superstar winger, according to a league source. The 26-year-old is entering the first year of a record-setting eight-year, $84-million contract.​
Yes, you read that correctly at least FIVE teams have interest in Kane since the news broke. That doesn't mean the Blackhawks will trade him and it won't be easy to find a good suitor for Kane. The team would likely want top prospects back or at least another serviceable star. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks leading into the 2015-16 season.

More...

It's not 7AM why are there rape updates right now?

Who the fuck is monitoring this? Get it into the right thread dickslices.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bruins, Sabres, Habs, Panthers, and Preds are supposedly the 5 teams.

Source

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Because I barely know him. Why does it matter?

Just do it as a favor to me then. I sent him a friend request but he pm'd me and said he wouldn't accept unless you sent him one. Is this some sort of a troll?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because TCD was the founding member of IHN which is now the hearthrob of CCS.

You need to embrace change, man.

Just do it as a favor to me then. I sent him a friend request but he pm'd me and said he wouldn't accept unless you sent him one. Is this some sort of a troll?

Fine, I'll play along.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Bruins, Sabres, Habs, Panthers, and Preds are supposedly the 5 teams.

Source

Shit I was pretty close in my predictions. Who knew Boston was such a racist town and I am shocked by Buffalo being on the list as I didn't think were interested in Kane since Miller was traded. But I guess you gotta keep your non rapists close and your rapists even closer.

Reactions: Rex

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok so I am wondering.... why do you want to buy Kane right now?

I have to imagine, if the Hawks considered selling, the asking price would be huge, but maybe they at least sell him.

So you buy Kane and lose a bunch of picks/players to get him and now you have bought someone accused of rape, who could be charged with rape.... in which case you then have to release him.

I mean I get the appeal of Kaner as a hockey player obviously, but isn't this the kind of situation you dont want.... to buy up a guy who you might have to cut and still lose a bunch of stuff in the trade?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I have to imagine, if the Hawks considered selling, the asking price would be huge, but maybe they at least sell him.

So you buy Kane and lose a bunch of picks/players to get him and now you have bought someone accused of rape, who could be charged with rape.... in which case you then have to release him.

I mean I get the appeal of Kaner as a hockey player obviously, but isn't this the kind of situation you dont want.... to buy up a guy who you might have to cut and still lose a bunch of stuff in the trade?
Did tribar accept your friend request?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Dany Heatley still has a job.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

No team is going to trade for Kane without a clear picture of what is going to happen to him, with him, etc.

Why would a team have to "release" Kane if he does get charged with something (not knowing how severe it would be necessarily)? Sure, it might not look great but for a lot of teams adding a player of Kane's caliber is going to outweight the baggage that he brings.

Also, can we stop using terms like "release" and "cut" when it comes to Kane or NHL players. Really not how their contracts work at all.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suppose if we did trade Kane, at least we'd get a ridiculously good return.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No team is going to trade for Kane without a clear picture of what is going to happen to him, with him, etc.

Why would a team have to "release" Kane if he does get charged with something (not knowing how severe it would be necessarily)? Sure, it might not look great but for a lot of teams adding a player of Kane's caliber is going to outweight the baggage that he brings.

Also, can we stop using terms like "release" and "cut" when it comes to Kane or NHL players. Really not how their contracts work at all.

If a guy is charged with rape.... you face a PR nightmare and a potential loss in revenue if you hang on to him.... and if he is convicted... then you are even more screwed for supporting a guy convicted of rape.

Give me a word or phrase you feel more comfortable with your holiness.....

When it comes down to it, you are not going to hang on to a player charged or convicted of rape.... I cannot imagine the backlash on a team if they did that.... they are basically saying "Listen we know he may have raped someone, but hockey is more important to us"... to the entire world. If Kane is charged with rape, whomever owns the rights to him is going to get rid of him, terminate his contract, do whatever they have to in order to shed him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I suppose if we did trade Kane, at least we'd get a ridiculously good return.

Not gonna lie, there's a small part of me that would be excited with the cap space that would be created by trading Kane.