Rose can't stay healthy physically or mentally

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Guys, the Deng situation that may have given Rose pause happened in 2009, not later. Deng got a second opinion when told by the Bulls that he should be back. After getting a second opinion, another doctor saw his x-rays and determined that there was a fracture there.

The Bulls were totally wrong in the Deng situation but not with Rose.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guys, the Deng situation that may have given Rose pause happened in 2009, not later. Deng got a second opinion when told by the Bulls that he should be back. After getting a second opinion, another doctor saw his x-rays and determined that there was a fracture there.

That is a good point about Deng. He got misled and treated shamefully by the Bulls and deserved better.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
That is a good point about Deng. He got misled and treated shamefully by the Bulls and deserved better.

He was, and I remember the fans gave Deng a hard time because he wasn't in that Chicago/Boston series.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Man, the thing that bothered me the most about what Rose said was that he made it seem like if it weren't for all the money being thrown around, he wouldn't be in the gym working as hard as he said he's been. I mean it's normal for someone to want more money, but the way he came off was overly excited about a new contract (that he's yet to earn) and nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Jordan had one desire...winning. And he the richest mofo of them all. These young derps should take a lesson.

You just summarized my entire attitude towards this spoiled, entitled generation of athletes. You. are. the. man.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the Deng and Rose situations are a bit different

Lu was misdiagnosed while Rose already had surgery, rehabbed, returned to practice and had met the timeline it took to heal a tore ACL. Rose actually took the longest of any athlete to return from a ACL injury

you also add in the fact that Rose would not give a concrete answer if he was coming back or not and made excuses every time he was asked if he was returning. stupid shit like "only god knows" "110%" "muscle memory"

i gave Rose a pass at the time so it would be hypocritical for me to down him now but Rose has def changed hes not that same humble Chicago kid anymore and hes been on a tear with his stupidity in the media

him saying hes more focused on 2035 and his next big pay day doesn't help his case when it comes to the naysayers questioning him about his heart...the Bernstein articles write themselves when hes in front of a mic

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the Deng and Rose situations are a bit different

Lu was misdiagnosed while Rose already had surgery, rehabbed, returned to practice and had met the timeline it took to hear a tore ACL. Rose actually took the longest of any athlete to return from a ACL injury

you also add in the fact that Rose would not give a concrete answer if he was coming back or not and made excuses every time he was asked if he was returning. stupid shit like "only god knows" "110%" "muscle memory"

i gave Rose a pass at the time so it would be hypocritical for me to down him now but Rose has def changed hes not that same humble Chicago kid anymore and hes been on a tear with his stupidity in the media

saying your more focused on 2035 and your next big pay day doesn't help his case when it comes to the naysayers questioning him about his heart
Yeah, I have to agree with this.

Before his injuries, you'd hear things like "I just want to win, my goal is to help the Bulls win." He wasn't even talking about his big looming contract when he did sign it.

Now, he's ready to talk about his next big pay day.

My only thought is in his mind he's so emotionally destroyed over the injuries that he feels this is what it is and its to make the most money possible because he doesn't know when his career will end due to injury.

In the end though, he's already made more than any of us could hope to make.

And if Rose would also realize, he could still say "my goal is to help the Bulls win" and say nothing about his contract, because he should also realize that if he wins, he's likely to make more money.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On the bright side, even if Rose is a selfish jerk only out for himself, if he plays his way into another big contract, that means he played well which is good for us. :derbulls:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
On the bright side, even if Rose is a selfish jerk only out for himself, if he plays his way into another big contract, that means he played well which is good for us. :derbulls:

or he will play selfishly and launch up bad 3 pointers all game like he did this past year for the next 2 years which isn't good for us...lets hope it happens your way

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
or he will play selfishly and launch up bad 3 pointers all game like he did this past year for the next 2 years which isn't good for us...lets hope it happens your way
If he takes bad 3s, he ain't earning any kind of contract he's looking for. Derrick isn't that stupid I hope...

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:

Yeah but how was Rose supposed to trust that after the Deng fiasco? Plus Rose was listening to guys like Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway advising to take his time and wished they had done the same.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Yeah but how was Rose supposed to trust that after the Deng fiasco? Plus Rose was listening to guys like Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway advising to take his time and wished they had done the same.

he was doing 5 on 5 contact nothing was wrong with his knee

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
wow, 3 years ago, everyone was in love with D-Rose. Now seems like everyone wants him gone from Chicago.

Can't wait for him to get back to being the Derrick Rose you all loved and you all eats your words!

Good post! Yeah right, DRose is the anti Christ! It kind of shows the quality of fans today......... I wonder what some of these fans would do if their life at work became public? I bet half of them would hang themselves cuz someone posted something negative on their Facebook page .... :lol:

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
You both should get a room

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Stop pm'ing me with your nonsense.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

If Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway told Rose to forsake the rehabilitation process until he is mentally prepared to dunk off of a certain leg or wait on Jesus or whatever b.s. excuses he came up with...they gave him dumb ass advice. The team was more than careful with Rose's rehab. He strung the team and the media along when he had no intention of coming back when physically cleared to. No second doctor disproved the prognosis of Bulls' doctors like in Deng's situation.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, if social media kept making a joke out of your multiple/severe career altering injuries, it might make you lash out in certain ways, too.

Rose is far from a classy individual, though. How he runs his social life is a great indication of that if nothing else.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Derrick said. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER thinks about free agency. All of Summer League & all of Team USA's practices were dominated by the talk, highlighted by John Wall mocking Reggie Jackson's contract. All the players are thinking about the salary cap TRIPLING in a few years. It is a bit odd offering it up like that but he was speaking in generalities about his off season and he was honest. I personally don't think he should have said anything but I'm not going to sit here and crucify him for it, or question his commitment to winning, or the team. Love it or hate it but he's always going to be brutally honest, even if it's at the most inopportune times.

That said, I've always believed actions speak louder than words and Derrick has gone through absolute hell physically to come back and just even play. 3 surgeries, 3 rehabs, 3 years. I dare say anyone on here, myself included, would have the physical or mental fortitude to come back from that and perform at a high level. He came back from his last MCL tear in less time than expected, was second on the team in minutes played, minutes per game, & points per game in the playoffs and STILL people question his commitment to the team and winning. The complete lack of logic and reason displayed by fans and the media truly astonishes me sometimes.

Derrick is going to be who he's going to be. He's not going to be what every fan wants him to be in the media or life in general. For me, as long as he is healthy & being the best Derrick Rose he can be on the court for my beloved Bulls, I am satisfied.

(Also, can we stop bringing up the 12-13 season, aka "The Lost Season" that 95% of the posters on here were fine with Derrick sitting out all year and us TANKING FOR A TOP PICK? It's been well played out and everyone sounds like hypocritical douches every time they reference it as a supporting point.)