CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
vsUJ9fI.gif

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steve Stone can't stand Hawk, and especially his "can of corn". :lmao:

I can't imagine why anyone would like him. As an announcer, it's fine to he a bit of a homer, but to be a blatant homer all game every game and to be very obnoxious about it is a complete embarrassment.

Sox fans deserve better.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can't imagine why anyone would like him. As an announcer, it's fine to he a bit of a homer, but to be a blatant homer all game every game and to be very obnoxious about it is a complete embarrassment.

Sox fans deserve better.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Rubbish. He makes broadcasts fun for the fan. His stories are great. He wears his heart on his sleeves and that is good.

He sucks, and the world is a better place after this decision.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawk Harrelson is such a fucking baby. I hate the fuck out of that guy. Bitches and moans when shit isn't going the Soxs way.

Got news for ya, he whines like a bitch on the golf course as well!! :crying:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's an announcer, not a coach. Call the game instead of mumbling to yourself.

You could get a high school drop-out to "call a game". A robotic clueless person. I believe that announcers should try to make the game fun for the fan watching by bringing up fun facts, the history of the game and its characters. He is an entertainer in what he does. Baseball needs more of guys like Hawk, Harry, Bob Euker(sp?) etc.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Man for all of the people who whine about Hawk, it sure seems like a lot of you keep tuning in to hear him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man for all of the people who whine about Hawk, it sure seems like a lot of you keep tuning in to hear him.

I just don't like his style whatsoever, and don't like watching games because of him. And NO I stopped tuning in to Sox games years ago.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

:lmao:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I doubt he's changed much since the last time I heard him.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no other choice. I tried using the radio with to TV muted but it was not synced.

The best part of the broadcast would be when Hawk would get so mad he would just stop speaking.

I just want discussion about strategy and analysis about what is going on in the game. I actually enjoy listening to the Cubs broadcast very informative.

Tell me what kind of pitches each pitcher throws and how proficiently they throw it. Do not tell me that he is good because of his TWTW.

I really think he holds Stoney back also.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I have no other choice. I tried using the radio with to TV muted but it was not synced.

The best part of the broadcast would be when Hawk would get so mad he would just stop speaking.

I just want discussion about strategy and analysis about what is going on in the game. I actually enjoy listening to the Cubs broadcast very informative.

Tell me what kind of pitches each pitcher throws and how proficiently they throw it. Do not tell me that he is good because of his TWTW.

I really think he holds Stoney back also.

Stoney has been much more incompetent thanks to working with Hawk. But radio with Farmer telling me that every single batter is going to hit homerun #x for each at bat is beyond mind numbing.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stoney has been much more incompetent thanks to working with Hawk. But radio with Farmer telling me that every single batter is going to hit homerun #x for each at bat is beyond mind numbing.

Agreed they are not great either.