2016 Draft, Second Round

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's assume we go QB in the 1st, wherever we pick—#1, #3, #5, or #16. What POSITION do we target in the second? I could see us going OL (especially T), LB (ILB especially), CB, or S. I know, BPA, but who are you stoked about, who has most value in the 2nd?

We seem okay at WR, okay at TE (need depth, but we can address that later), probably have C locked down between Montgomery/Grasu, and seem stout on the DL (NT, DE, etc.), and plenty of talent and depth at RB.

What do you think? Do you have a guy in mind?

Only name I'm really kicking around is Shawn Oakman, and he may go late 1st, and plays DE.

GO CUBS!

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Prior to the preseason, I would have said DL. Our skill positions are deep with talent, and we have a couple of young OLmen that look like they will contribute to ourr team's success for the next few years. Our defense was coming off of one of our worst seasons in my lifetime, and it didnt feel like we had many guys on the line that would be able to keep their roster spot after a year or two. Now I have been impressed with our starters and our backups, and think that we dont have to focus there in the early rounds.

After the preseason, I would have said t pick up a linebacker. Our DBs are young (except Rolle) and will look good only if we can get in the QBs face. After a few games now we have seen our line bully their way in the backfield, and McPhee play with the kind of energy we have been missing since the Smith/Marinelli years.

So I guess we should upgrade the OL with a high pick, or quite possibly an ILB with some pass coverage skills. I want Long back at RG, so I'd draft someone who can play at RT for a year while he gets up to NFL speed and then shifts to LT, if one is available. I dont have one in mind yet, but the season is young and I prefer to wait until we hear which underclassmen are declaring.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
ILB or CB.

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
Kendall Beckwith ILB out of LSU. He attacks the line of scrimmage unlike our backers who make tackles 7 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
If Jordan Jenkins from Georgia is there at top of second I would say OLB.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
THIS GUY....

as a Kam Chancellor type enforcer.... I know Amos is playing well at Safety and we have Rolle...but I think this guy is just gona be a playmaker wherever he lines up. We need some playmakers on D. He's one of my favorite all around prospects in next years class

Oklahoma+v+West+Virginia+HLd9DMjkxCrl.jpg

striker.jpg

eric-striker-ncaa-football-west-virginia-oklahoma-850x560.jpg

Moose27

Liked Posts:
You need to improve the LT spot otherwise your new QB that everyone wants is going to get hurt. Tyler Johnstone another Oregon guy could be an option there. I say go DEF first round then make a run at a QB. Hackenburg will probably still be on the board if you really need a QB that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
1st - Goff QB
2nd - Calhoun OLB
3rd - Redmond CB
4th - Kearse S

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's assume we go QB in the 1st, wherever we pick—#1, #3, #5, or #16. What POSITION do we target in the second? I could see us going OL (especially T), LB (ILB especially), CB, or S. I know, BPA, but who are you stoked about, who has most value in the 2nd?

We seem okay at WR, okay at TE (need depth, but we can address that later), probably have C locked down between Montgomery/Grasu, and seem stout on the DL (NT, DE, etc.), and plenty of talent and depth at RB.

What do you think? Do you have a guy in mind?

Only name I'm really kicking around is Shawn Oakman, and he may go late 1st, and plays DE.

GO CUBS!

I really believe that we must go offensive line. With a young QB and an aging RB, we need to protect them and constantly feed the line. Offensive line is the most important group on the entire team. As a standard practice, we should be drafting OL and DL with two out of our first three picks every year.

Build the lines. Where is that old poster "weneedmorelineman"? He knows...

Liked Posts:
Cameron Sutton CB, Eric Striker OLB, and Kendall Beckwith ILB would all be nice options in the second.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure of the positions the Bears need to address... but it's too early in the college season to be predicting the 'who's to fill those spots. But ideally with the first three picks I want to see the team pick the best player available at QB, LB and DB/S.

If the team lands a top 5 pick as I think they would, I hope they make a move so that they can double dip into the first round.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Su'a Cravens, USC.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Su'a Cravens, USC.

As a Cal season ticket holder, has your opinion changed of Jared Goff through the first few games of the season? It sounded like you were not very high on him as NFL prospect to begin the year.

Do you think he will be top 10 pick worthy by years end?

RacerX

Liked Posts:
As a Cal season ticket holder, has your opinion changed of Jared Goff through the first few games of the season? It sounded like you were not very high on him as NFL prospect to begin the year.

Do you think he will be top 10 pick worthy by years end?

I thought he had peaked last season and that his stats were a byproduct of the system, but I no longer believe that. His intangibles are the real deal, and although he will never be more than an average athlete, I think he can and will be an excellent pro QB. I would not hesitate for a second to take him #1 overall.

I've been reticent to support any college QB since I once thought Leaf > Manning, and Cade McNown = Joe Montana.

The411

Liked Posts:
I thought he had peaked last season and that his stats were a byproduct of the system, but I no longer believe that. His intangibles are the real deal, and although he will never be more than an average athlete, I think he can and will be an excellent pro QB. I would not hesitate for a second to take him #1 overall.

I've been reticent to support any college QB since I once thought Leaf > Manning, and Cade McNown = Joe Montana.

Much rather have Goff with his 4.8 40 than Boller with his 4.59 40 30 something vert. leap and his ability to throw the ball 70 yards from his knees. Loved what Kyle did for Cal but he wasn't a top QB in the NFL because he didn't have Goff's or Rogers above the neck ability.

Last edited:

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Much rather have Goff with his 4.8 40 than Boller with his 4.59 40 30 something very leap and his ability to throw the ball 70 yards from his knees. Loved what Kyle did for Cal but he wasn't a top QB in the NFL because he didn't have Goff's or Rogers above the neck ability.

Well said. I also thought Boller was going to be a stud, and that Rodgers would be a journeyman.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
Jayron Kearse in the 2nd

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Just ask Angelo who his top 10 picks are and draft someone not on his list. It's pretty simple really.