72-10 watch

Houston

Liked Posts:
Cf-os2wWwAI7_uY.jpg

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Is anyone ever gonna come close to 400 threes in a season? We got caught up on the 73 talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe if the style of the game changes and everyone jacks up 3s on every possession.

The safest season record in any sport is Gretzky's 215 points. To put that in perspective, Kane led the NHL with 106 points this year. Last year, Benn led with 87 points. LOL

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I absolutely love 90's basketball. I grew up watching it. My idols played in that time period, but good lord are people remembering times differently. The whole Golden State team would run circles around anyone not named Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman. I don't care if you have length. You aren't stopping 30 foot 3 pointers. You have never dealt with the ball handling skills of Curry. Draymon Green is a power forward point guard. they have a 6'8 backup point guard. Iggy is 6'7 and a beast. Shit, Thompson and Barnes don't get near the credit they should. These dudes are straight ballers. Barnes may be the most under rated in the league to me. Dude is a stud and I fucking hate North Carolina players. Bogut fits them like a glove. Im not going to say the 96 Bulls wouldn't beat them, but kick their ass is fucking laughable. The league is way more athletic now. Jordan was not the defensive player fans made him out to be in this time period. It would be a great series, but I see either team winning it. I don't want to hear about old school rules. At that time era, Jordan got every touch foul and push off he wanted.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Warriors aren't making as many 30 foot threes when their arms are numb from getting bumped and banged playing the '96 Bulls with old rules and refs. And the Bulls aren't getting banged as much playing '16 Warriors, putting the Warriors in the penalty quick. Go ahead, call me a homer as some justification for ignoring those two very crucial facts, it doesn't change the point. Old era players worked out around the clock. New era players relax, play video games, tweet, and complain when they get too many minutes. People VASTLY underestimate prior eras. Give the same people the state of the art in sports science and medicine, then guess what? They improve even more. The modern NBA is a pussy league and every once in a blue moon someone commits a hard foul(with exception to cheap shots, as any set of headcase players in any era can pull some BS) and that becomes some justification for saying it's not a soft league. Hard fouls used to happen multiple times a game, every game. Nope, nope. Many fragrant fouls today, are no-calls in the past. Whether or not that is it right or wrong for the NBA to be that way is a COMPLETELY different point. The fact is it was a much harder league.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Knoxville7's Russell Westbrook views look very hilarious right now.......

I was just about to look through this thread for some of them. It's no secret that he has some of the worst opinions on the bulls side of this forum, but my god those posts were/are laughable.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:aj:

Again, OKC has the best chance of any team to take down GS.

and yet, last season for example when Durant went down, westbrook and his triple double a game couldn't get the thunder into the playoffs. he doesn't play winning basketball IMO. extremely talented no doubt, and I knew everyone would react this way to me saying he is overrated, but I stand by it

agree to disagree. to me, SA is clear head and shoulders above OKC

no, that's YOUR premise. not mine. OKC didn't make or miss the playoffs based off of one play at the end of their last game of the season. they could have won numerous other games throughout the season, but didn't. again, I knew there would be someone who would try to crucify me over saying I don't like westbrook as a player. I don't think he will ever win a ring. I guess this all makes me an idiot though....are you a trump supporter by chance? sound like one with your willingness to attack someone simply based off of them having a different opinion than you. grow up. generally, I tend to agree with many of your posts on here, however, the ones I disagree with I don't all of a sudden start calling you names to make myself somehow feel more "correct" on the subject

riiiiiiiight....again since I guess you didn't get it the first time....

westbrook does not play winning basketball IMO. he shoots too much and is not a very good shooter. he plays erratic and careless. super talented and athletic as fuck no doubt, but that doesn't mean he plays with a high basketball IQ. his numbers are "forced" if you get what I mean by that. im sure you wont like my reasoning and will bash away, but ill just roll like jay cutler and not give a fuck at this point

Good job FT. Look at all these horrendous posts about Westbrooks low basketball IQ and "forced points"

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Warriors aren't making as many 30 foot threes when their arms are numb from getting bumped and banged playing the '96 Bulls with old rules and refs. And the Bulls aren't getting banged as much playing '16 Warriors, putting the Warriors in the penalty quick. Go ahead, call me a homer as some justification for ignoring those two very crucial facts, it doesn't change the point. Old era players worked out around the clock. New era players relax, play video games, tweet, and complain when they get too many minutes. People VASTLY underestimate prior eras. Give the same people the state of the art in sports science and medicine, then guess what? They improve even more. The modern NBA is a pussy league and every once in a blue moon someone commits a hard foul(with exception to cheap shots, as any set of headcase players in any era can pull some BS) and that becomes some justification for saying it's not a soft league. Hard fouls used to happen multiple times a game, every game. Nope, nope. Many fragrant fouls today, are no-calls in the past. Whether or not that is it right or wrong for the NBA to be that way is a COMPLETELY different point. The fact is it was a much harder league.

I don't agree with any of this really. I wouldn't call it a pussy league...many who call it that now were complaining about how boring the league was. That is why a lot of the changes took place. With what we know about concussions and head trauma, Flagrant fouls are very important these days. Hard fouls could do very serious damage.

I remember in the 1990's, guys like Sloan and Van Lier calling the league soft back then....its all relative. As far as players not being in shape. These are prime athletes compared to just 20 years ago. The game doesn't allow for two big guys down low anymore. Now there is more versatility and instead of 5 positions, there are roughly a dozen different positions on a team. This era is non-traditional....but I wouldn't call it a "pussy league".

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just to talk about something mentioned in an above post, regarding Jordan defensively:
First team all defense in 96, 97, and 98.
Defensive win shares of : 6.2, 5.0, 5.4

That 1996 DWS of 6.2 was second in the league. That 1998 DWS of 5.4 was sixth in the league.

Jordan's defense never faltered.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
They shouldn't have gone for the record. They can't handle the pressure.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They shouldn't have gone for the record. They can't handle the pressure.
Not sure it really was pressure, and more so Cleveland just learning from experience that they can bother the hell out of a supposed NBA superstar who can hit ridiculous shots.

Curry hardly hit any ridiculous shots in this series, Cleveland relatively shut him down with consistency. Seriously, I can't think of an NBA superstar being bothered so much than Curry was in this series.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Not sure it really was pressure, and more so Cleveland just learning from experience that they can bother the hell out of a supposed NBA superstar who can hit ridiculous shots.

Curry hardly hit any ridiculous shots in this series, Cleveland relatively shut him down with consistency. Seriously, I can't think of an NBA superstar being bothered so much than Curry was in this series.

Still this team hadn't lost enough games. They didn't learn to lose.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Still this team hadn't lost enough games. They didn't learn to lose.
I'm not sure I buy that necessarily. You could say that about any team that wins a record number of games.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

So wait, you mean the difficulty of the post-season demonstrates a sample of what I was suggesting a while ago about the league being why his numbers are inflated. My theory has merit?
:thinking:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

LeBron in 2011 and Magic Johnson had a terrible finals once (I think he was called Tragic Johnson)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LeBron in 2011 and Magic Johnson had a terrible finals once (I think he was called Tragic Johnson)
Yeah I forgot about LeBron's 2011 Finals

LeBron:
17.8 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 6.8 apg

He was so passive in those Finals. Wade balled out though.

I'm not sure what Finals you may be referring to with Magic.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So wait, you mean the difficulty of the post-season demonstrates a sample of what I was suggesting a while ago about the league being why his numbers are inflated. My theory has merit?
:thinking:
Well, you could say thats true for any player. Curry though got absolutely stopped.