What to do with Kyle Fuller?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is time to move Kyle Fuller. Struggles against the Lions showed that previous weeks may have been a mirage as he has gone back to his serious struggles in coverage.

I know he made a great play on Golden Tate, but that was going to be, and turned out to be the 2nd TD he had given up.

With McManis playing terrible it is time to move Fuller to NB.

I think his final stop will be a safety, but that is a move for the offseason.

Move Fuller to NB, bring Ball into play CB, and bench McManis.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
It is time to move Kyle Fuller. Struggles against the Lions showed that previous weeks may have been a mirage as he has gone back to his serious struggles in coverage.

I know he made a great play on Golden Tate, but that was going to be, and turned out to be the 2nd TD he had given up.

I am curious to why moving him to nickle would be better suited for his skill set? Or is it simply because he would see the field less at nickle?

AussieBear

Eh, keep letting him play this year until he gets it or completely breaks and needs moved. Might as well give him more experience during the build

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I see no reason to move Fuller at this point. Worry about it in the offseason. Otherwise, let the kid play. The reality is our pass rush is still mediocre at best and our CBs are being asked to cover for way too long. Not to say Fuller doesn't have his issues but they are being compounded right now by the lack of pressure.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I blame that pussy Alshon Jeffery.... if Fuller was facing Alshon every day in practice he wouldn't suck so bad.

This.

We could try getting a billboard asking for jefferies to be released or Fuller moved to safety. It's on record that all bad CBs make great safety's so that's always an option.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I about lost it when he have up that TD because he never turned around and then started clapping afterwards. I don't know what's up with this fucking guy. He played that about as bad as humanly possible and then he claps? I don't see him play with any instincts or passion. I agree with windy on this...move him to NB and see what we have there. McmAnis has sucked this whole year. Porter and ball start outside and fuller plays NB. I think that's out best bet in the secondary. Next season you can have him battle it out at S. If that fails, he's a bust pick and they should just cut their losses.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:

That's what I was going to say, it this point it looks like that fits his skill set better.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I like fuller, I remember reading he needs to take the game more seriously. Surely that comes with age and I believe having Rolle is a vital asset to the team.

Nonetheless, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure he'll ever take the game more serious. To me, that's a bare minimum requirement that's ingrained in who you are. If that's lacking right now, especially with getting benched and having guys like McPhee and rolle around, that's a terrible sign. 2 years in and he still can't turn and locate the ball. This is CB 101....I don't have high hopes for him. Maybe he could be a functional starter at NB or S.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His strengths are tackling and his physicality.

Move him inside where those are a bigger deal and use him on the blitz and let him cover slot guys and TEs where he can bully them more than on the outside.

Ball and Porter cannot go inside, and McManis needs to be benched, so the most logical step is Fuller.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
His strengths are tackling and his physicality.

Move him inside where those are a bigger deal and use him on the blitz and let him cover slot guys and TEs where he can bully them more than on the outside.

Ball and Porter cannot go inside, and McManis needs to be benched, so the most logical step is Fuller.

Absolutely. I would tell him to put on 10 pounds in the off-season and be prepared to compete at SS.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I about lost it when he have up that TD because he never turned around and then started clapping afterwards.

IDK if you're the only person that keeps bringing this up, but what do want him to do? Sulk off the field? I would bet he's clapping it off in a way to encourage himself to make a better play the next time. "Alright, man, come on, get with it. Shake it off and get it right on the next play".

Aside from that; he does need improvement and needs to see the bench if he doesn't.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Well we do have two of the best defensive coaches in the league and J.Fox who started his coaching career as a DB coach so i trust whatever they decide to do with him since they see sooooooooo much more of him then anyone on here. If they think he should be our starting CB then so be it, if they think he should be moved to nickle and Ball/Porter should be the starting CB's then so be it, and if they think the kid can play safety then i'm sure our coaches more than anyone will figure it out and play him where he best fits. As of now that position is starting CB. Now this could be that he's just the best we have right now for that position or it could be that since they see sooooooooooooo much more of him than anyone on here does that they like him as our starting CB.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
IDK if you're the only person that keeps bringing this up, but what do want him to do? Sulk off the field? I would bet he's clapping it off in a way to encourage himself to make a better play the next time. "Alright, man, come on, get with it. Shake it off and get it right on the next play".

Aside from that; he does need improvement and needs to see the bench if he doesn't.

I believe that's the first time I mentioned it. I've seen it mentioned on here by others though. It's just a very unusual response after giving up a TD due to horrendous coverage. I don't think I've ever seen continuous clapping like that after such an event. Was he "encouraging" himself? I don't know...maybe....it just was an odd thing to do at that time. You can go back to the sideline without "sulking." Either way, if he plays better none of this matters...but because he still looks fairly lost in coverage, this kind of shit gets magnified.