Hockey Talk: October Lineups

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wait what happens next
Breaking my ccs fast because of this bullshit. ahhhhhhh
Hartman isn't a player. He failed a couple times tonight, doesn't do much for me. The defensive lapses in this game were unacceptable, and Crawford should shoulder the brunt of the blame. I thought we could have used a timeout to get out of the second period so give Q some too, and for his line selections which have bad chemistry. When Hossa gets back....

Dano(who earned it tonight with big checks, not just the opportunistic goal which showed again he is a finisher. Put him in there with assist masters and let him finish)

Dano-Toews-Hossa
TT-AA-Kane
Panarin-Kero-Garbutt
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Svedberg and TVR make me so happy. When Keith gets back we should be a lock down team if Crawfords head is right. Hobgoblin should be the next man off the bench if he doesn't get sent somewhere else.

I'd like to see that use of Panarin and Garbutt together, because they put different types of stress on a team. TT and Kane clearly overmatch an opponent and have good chemistry, AA just playing fantastic hockey and if he keeps improving like other centers have as they adjust to Blackhawks we got a bounty for Saad and long term cap relief.

Blackhawks are looking stacked, no need to retool we are ready to compete this year even if we make no moves. We have 13 or 14 forwards that would be top 9 on most teams, and might be even more top 6 strong than ever depending on how you view Hossa's decline and what AA does for this team.

With the young defense improving, and now Gustafson and Daley, we look to be 7 deep their not counting Rozies Corpse or Runblaad as well. Deepest team since the first cup, imo.

Gustafson showed some real offensive swagger. Love.

If Garbutt wasn't so damn fast I would bench his stupid penalty ass for Tikhonov, but right now I'm fine letting Hobgoblin learn his lack of energy lesson on the bench and wait for his next chance while becoming more familiar with Blackhawk expectations. If we keep him around he will have his chance to be part of this club again.

An alternative line to get our best 12 on the ice, would be

Dano-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-AA-Kane
Tikhinov-TT-Garbutt
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weren't you on a 60 day hiatus or something?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Playoff roster starting to shape.

I'd go
Ladd-Taser-Hossa
Bread-AA-Kaner
11-Danult-TT
Shaw-Kruger-Panik/Sekac

Not bad Bowman. Panik and Sekac only slight weakness, they are both competing though. I guess Danult would be next fix after that, a luxury if Stan tampers any further. But TT at center? Idk. 11 down with the old 4th? No need to move Pan now.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Playoff roster starting to shape.

I'd go
Ladd-Taser-Hossa
Bread-AA-Kaner
11-Danult-TT
Shaw-Kruger-Panik/Sekac

Not bad Bowman. Panik and Sekac only slight weakness, they are both competing though. I guess Danult would be next fix after that, a luxury if Stan tampers any further. But TT at center? Idk. 11 down with the old 4th? No need to move Pan now.

The major issue now is on defense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The major issue now is on defense.

I think the scores of games this season prove Crow is God, or Gus, TVR, Svedberg are going to be just fine. Rozy gives Svedstein one more year to get faster, but I'm happy with him as backup. We have 2 more defenders than last year with Gus and TVR and Rozy all healthy. They replace Oduya.

If Gus and TVR were not legit they could not have been integral starters on a franchise record win streak.

In fact, with Pokka, Forsling, the other Finish junior world champion first liner, all in the pipeline too, we have the ammo we need to move Bickell and acquire the top six wing we will need next year.