Hockey Talk: October Lineups

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the place for adults (sorry Tribal) and people that want to talk hockey instead of banter like overgrown juveniles (sorry Grimson).

If anybody wants to talk hockey and give your two cents on recent developments including Hobgoblin, the Panarin-TT-Kaner line, first line issues, or that patchwork defense please expound.

Defense: First of all, putting that fourth line back how it should be to me has been the instrumental factor in winning these first two games without Kane. The first two lines still can and need to do better. Does anybody else think Tikhinov further enhances a shut down defensive line of Toews/Hossa giving us two shut down defensive lines? I rather like that formation at least until we figure some more things out.

my preference in the middle is Pan-AA-Kane Dano-TT-Garbutt But Hinostroza played well. He is serviceable. Perhaps Danult will be even better and then Garbutt or Tikhinov will be the odd man out when Dano gets here.

Anyway, the lineup we saw is 2-0 but still needs to play better. It deserves a re-roll at some point. Hinostroza made some plays.

How long was the Pan-TT-Kane line out there together and how did we finish regulation as Q often starts the next game the way he finished.

That was sure an encouraging effort from the D. Watching Svedberg get better every game is happy happy times. TVR also both offensively and defensively.

Kruger has appeared to be more offensively minded, and gotten in some great positions, but his finishing has been brutal early. Keep getting in good spots!!

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Bring Dano up for Hinostroza and that's about it.
3rd line made of Dano - Teravainen - Garbutt would be dangerous.

Considering defense, TVR looks good, Svedberg and Daley are slowly settling down, and it will all fall in place when Keith gets back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Considering defense, TVR looks good, Svedberg and Daley are slowly settling down, and it will all fall in place when Keith gets back.

I'm guessing the team has ideas for where and when Dano will fit in. For now we are letting the mature talent sift itself out or into place while searching for another center. When that experiment explains to us what we have at 3C exactly, which requires trying everyone else before Danult gets back. Giving him a shot. By then decisions can be made on Tikhinov, Bickell, and Garbutt.

Then Dano comes back post apocalypse trade.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Don't expect 72-86-88 to be together often. I think that was just giving AA a quick break after being out there on the Hawks PP or PK.

Overall, I think this regular season is one long line-shuffling experiment for Q. He'll spend the next 5-6 months figuring out what combos work so he knows what lines he has and doesn't have when the playoffs get here.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't expect 72-86-88 to be together often. I think that was just giving AA a quick break after being out there on the Hawks PP or PK.

Overall, I think this regular season is one long line-shuffling experiment for Q. He'll spend the next 5-6 months figuring out what combos work so he knows what lines he has and doesn't have when the playoffs get here.

I agree thats whats going to happen due to the shuffling of veterans, and talent search for another youth or two, and injuries. However, Q seems to always be looking for that ace lineup and doesn't take any game lightly.

I think he is taking a long hard look at the current set up, which we will see with some frequency albeit a tinkering of the Hinostroza position.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
I'd say there are 3 questions for Q to solve...

- 1st line LW (currently Tikhonov, maybe Teravainen in the Playoffs)
- 3rd line pairing (currently Teravainen - Hinostroza - Garbutt, with possible addition of Dano, Baun, Danault or some other guys from Rockford in the future)
- 6th defender (after Keith gets back that will be Svedberg, maybe Rozsival after he fully recovers, Rundblad is also in the mix)

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Great post. Sorry you won't fit in around here with all the meatball tards that post.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say there are 3 questions for Q to solve...

- 1st line LW (currently Tikhonov, maybe Teravainen in the Playoffs)
- 3rd line pairing (currently Teravainen - Hinostroza - Garbutt, with possible addition of Dano, Baun, Danault or some other guys from Rockford in the future)
- 6th defender (after Keith gets back that will be Svedberg, maybe Rozsival after he fully recovers, Rundblad is also in the mix)

Welcome HAM. When I changed my name from Mark to Mars it was just one letter. I'll call you HAM in solidarity. Don't mind Grimson. He had one of the greatest nicknames in sports history...The Grim Reaper. And he wants to slay everyone. Mine in Rugby was "The Wizard." We both stand 6'6" 240 lbs. I hope to have a beer with him one day, but until then he just wants to feed on my emotions like a typical shadow entity, but heh...Grim Reaper right? King of the Shadow entities.

Yeah...I think that list covers the main contributors that have a chance to make the team for the playoffs. I might add McNeil.

1. Dano 2. Garbutt 3. Tikhinov 4. Baun 5. Danault (5.5 The trade line....this is the point at which I think the talent level as currently valued will dictate a trade deadline move to solve it if the first 5 and TT can't bond correctly. since the rest except maybe Baun have little trade value, my theory on why Dano is being held back, or maybe more importantly, if the D can't be solved)
6. Hinostroza 7. McNeil

On D, its possible if we don't have time to develop him as we are in the middle of a win now dynasty, that at the very least Svedberg is seriously raising his trade stock.

TVR is a godsend. By next year, if not the playoffs, Pokka will be here also. I am getting less concerned about the D by the game, as we still have Rozy in the wings, and chance for Runblaad to pull his head out of his ass. There is enough depth there, its just a bit subpar due to either age or talent in each guy.

And the glaring issue at #4 (counting Keith). Rooting for Daley.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Large part of me thinks that Teuvo will be the 3C when the postseason gets here. They just need to find players on his wings that have the offensive ability to mesh with Teuvo. Guys like Garbutt don't strike me as that type of player.

Perhaps it'll be Dano. Perhaps Panarin gets dropped off the line with Kane to spread the wealth about. Just a lot of guesswork at this point ... it's real early.

TVR is a godsend. By next year, if not the playoffs, Pokka will be here also. I am getting less concerned about the D by the game, as we still have Rozy in the wings, and chance for Runblaad to pull his head out of his ass. There is enough depth there, its just a bit subpar due to either age or talent in each guy.

And the glaring issue at #4 (counting Keith). Rooting for Daley.

In an ideal world, I'd think that TVR becomes the 4 and Daley/Roszival are at least good enough to be a third pairing. Still think Daley can contribute a lot to this team because of his excellent offensive instincts. Just gotta mesh it all together over the course of the season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a year we could have Pokka at 4 and a seasoned Svedberg TVR third pairing. I like your points.

I'm curious if Baun could ever be the power forward to TT like Bickel was to Kane for parts of his career.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling Q lets Bigfoot have another crack at 1LW.... idk why lol we all know what he does/doesn't bring to the table.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
In a year we could have Pokka at 4 and a seasoned Svedberg TVR third pairing. I like your points.

I'm curious if Baun could ever be the power forward to TT like Bickel was to Kane for parts of his career.

I'm expecting very little out of Kyle Baun's career.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm expecting very little out of Kyle Baun's career.

Don't tell that to Bobby Baun!

The kid is 22 years old and played in 5 career NHL games. Let's pump the breaks on all but labeling him as a bust already.

hester247

Liked Posts:

Dano is left handed goal scorer Toews and Hossa needs on that line to give the Blackhawks a 1-2 punch line and then shut down 3-4 lines

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling Q lets Bigfoot have another crack at 1LW.... idk why lol we all know what he does/doesn't bring to the table.

I think Bigfoot will be lucky to get a crack at 3LW. Even 4LW requires an injury.

If we have any hope for him left organizationally, its at 3LW against certain matchups.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Dano is left handed goal scorer Toews and Hossa needs on that line to give the Blackhawks a 1-2 punch line and then shut down 3-4 lines

I'm excited about Dano's future but forgive me if I'm not quite ready to pen him in on the top line with Hossa and Toews.

Plus, this Hawks team has been at its best when it has 3 scoring lines and one shutdown line, not 2 & 2.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baun has an NHL body, strength, and speed. He should season up nicely and be valuable to the team as his skills continue to develop.

The fact he made the team out of camp amidst the competition around him is a very good sign of things to come.

Dano is a freak, and could end up anywhere at LW1-3.

He could give you the flexibility to put Panarin at 1LW,

or he could be great with TT is my hunch. I'd like to see line 3 be a young line that develops chemistry long into the future.

Dano-TT-Baun eventually. Garbutt for now.