OT: Colin Kaepernick benched: to be replaced by Blaine Gabbert

jc456

Liked Posts:
really?

its not like that was my whole fucking point.

you know you dont need to respond to pretty much every single post I make just for the sake of running your mouth?
to be correct, it would be his fingers.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it's too bad we no longer have that Packer playoff eliminating safety net of the 49ers now :(

dude's career's probably gonna be done when his deal runs out now heh. he looked pretty promising when he stepped in but I think that's just cause teams were scheming for Alex Smith still then. I don't know what happened to that team. they were a gutter team for years, then got real strong, and then just fizzled out.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
it's too bad we no longer have that Packer playoff eliminating safety net of the 49ers now :(

dude's career's probably gonna be done when his deal runs out now heh. he looked pretty promising when he stepped in but I think that's just cause teams were scheming for Alex Smith still then. I don't know what happened to that team. they were a gutter team for years, then got real strong, and then just fizzled out.

The GM's ego inflated past Harbaugh's.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Way worse players have started games this year. Unless his leg/arm falls off, he will have plenty of chances. Matt Cassel,Brandon Weedon, Ryan Mallet...

EDIT: How many picks will Blaine throw v/s ATL? They are definitely going to show many shots of Kap on the sidelines as Blaine leads the Niners to many punts.

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
An odd move considering Gabbert is cold garbage.

At one point in time he might have been hot garbage, but now he's just cold like a corpse in a morge.

I'm thinking this is the 49ers putting up the white flag. They would rather bench Kaep and work on his mindset then let him play. Washington did this with RG3 for comparible resons and now he's regarded as 'untradable'.

I'd like to remind people that while Harbaugh was there Alex Smith looked great and Kaep was a franchise guy. Owner of the team, Jeb York, has to look back on the moves that the franchise has went through and think this is all on him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Personally I think the Hedgehog is great. The guy has been in so many movies and he's done so much in his life that haters are just jealous...

That's just Ludacrist...just doesnt even deserve a reply

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Way worse players have started games this year. Unless his leg/arm falls off, he will have plenty of chances. Matt Cassel,Brandon Weedon, Ryan Mallet...

EDIT: How many picks will Blaine throw v/s ATL? They are definitely going to show many shots of Kap on the sidelines as Blaine leads the Niners to many punts.

the niners can beat the falcons. Falcosn are one of the most overrated teams in the league this year

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tomsula is really giving Trestman a run for his money as the worst Head Coach of the decade.

What about worst one ever? I vote Rich Kotite.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the niners can beat the falcons. Falcosn are one of the most overrated teams in the league this year

The Niners are bad at everything. Unless Kap is holding down the D and special teams too I don't like them to beat Atlanta.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
The 49ers make us look like the '85 Bears. Kaepernick is maybe the worst QB I've ever seen (with Andrew Luck in a close 2nd and Ty Detmer in a distant 3rd). The 49ers literally have zero chance starting Kaep -- he's that bad.

And while Blane is appalling bad at football, what other options do they have?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think ALL QBs are system guys. If Kap is a guy that needs to be a run/pass pistol guy then it's up to the coaches to do that. The DCs surely "figured him out" well before he had romped through the league for 2 seasons. I think the 49s paid him and then got scared. The guy wasn't one pass from a ring for nothing, I stand by the fact that this guy is good when properly deployed but right now, he looks bad surrounded by bad talent and bad coaching.

Remember when Kurt Warner was washed up in NY?
Ha. Another QB that looks great when playing from the lead, having a great RB, and given short fields. It's not coincidence that CK's suck was revealed with the departure of Gore and SF's stud defense.

Same seems to be starting in SEA. With Lynch playing injured and sub par, the defense 25th in takeaways, and a poor OL, their 4 wins have come against teams with a cumulative record of 7-23. Hell they had to eek out wins against Det. and Dallas.

The fact that Wilson is paid as the highest compensated QB is comical when you watch Brady, Rodgers, Manning, etc.
I don't like Sea though, so overpaying a slightly above average QB will begin to erode that team, which I like, it just seems to be starting earlier than I thought.

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
well, will you look at that? not even three full seasons as a starter, and only a couple years removed from a SB, and the niners have benched their 100M franchise QB.

meanwhile in Chicago...
Cutler has never been as bad as kap is this year.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
well, will you look at that? not even three full seasons as a starter, and only a couple years removed from a SB, and the niners have benched their 100M franchise QB.

meanwhile in Chicago...
I guess you didn't see Clausen's start last season, or his play this year?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

dude's career's probably gonna be done when his deal runs out now
heh. he looked pretty promising when he stepped in but I think that's just cause teams were scheming for Alex Smith still then. I don't know what happened to that team. they were a gutter team for years, then got real strong, and then just fizzled out.

RU referring to Kap's career?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

well I always find it idiotic when some ppl. start talking about a kids career could be over just becuz he runs into a ruff time ( same thing with RG3). On NFLNET they're polling to see ( get this)...... if Kap wil ever play ub da NFL again. Freakin' unbelievable.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ha. Another QB that looks great when playing from the lead, having a great RB, and given short fields. It's not coincidence that CK's suck was revealed with the departure of Gore and SF's stud defense.

Same seems to be starting in SEA. With Lynch playing injured and sub par, the defense 25th in takeaways, and a poor OL, their 4 wins have come against teams with a cumulative record of 7-23. Hell they had to eek out wins against Det. and Dallas.

The fact that Wilson is paid as the highest compensated QB is comical when you watch Brady, Rodgers, Manning, etc.
I don't like Sea though, so overpaying a slightly above average QB will begin to erode that team, which I like, it just seems to be starting earlier than I thought.

Who's Wilson's game-changing wr on "O". Who has he ever had? ( don't say lynch, he was shut down in the SB they won)

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Wasn't Cutler benched for Clausen?

Just sayin...