Flames @ Blackhawks IGT 11/15 at 7:30 p.m.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Hossa doesn't suck? Looks like I picked a good night to wear my Hossa shirsey.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Wowza, what a fleury of goals!

And honestly, now is the proper time for this...

giphy.gif

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Wow, I thought that was in too.

Fear not campers, I put my glasses back on, and all is well...except that Tito's vodka negates much of the corrrrrection. :marshmallow:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Tonight was the first night in a while that the first line stood out...a lot of shots between them and Dano looked pretty good out there. Hopefully the road trip gets them going. Need to improve on that road record.

Rozsival with more icetime than Daley is concerning though...on Daley's end. Quarter of the way into the season and Daley really hasn't shown up and fit in. He certainly hasn't replaced Oduya when it comes to defense (no one really expected that) but he hasn't brought the offensive game that Oduya lacked. Some debates early on and people were saying that it was a lateral move, Daley is good, etc etc...well, I think everyone is missing Oduya right about now.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Tonight was the first night in a while that the first line stood out...a lot of shots between them and Dano looked pretty good out there. Hopefully the road trip gets them going. Need to improve on that road record.

Rozsival with more icetime than Daley is concerning though...on Daley's end. Quarter of the way into the season and Daley really hasn't shown up and fit in. He certainly hasn't replaced Oduya when it comes to defense (no one really expected that) but he hasn't brought the offensive game that Oduya lacked. Some debates early on and people were saying that it was a lateral move, Daley is good, etc etc...well, I think everyone is missing Oduya right about now.

I've been recently thinking the same thing about Daley. He showed some good puck movement and O skill in pre-season games, but I haven't seen as much since the opening bell. Defensively, he's been good enough to not be too noticeable, but the O side has been disappointing. Now that the back end is going to be a bit more stable, his situation should improve. Plus, the road trip will help in familiarity/camaraderie.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great back-checking by almost all of the forwards. Love seeing that.

I never thought I wouldhave missed Rosie this much, until I saw Rundbad.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

My concerns on Daley were his defense and ability to stay out of Q's doghouse. I figured with all of the offense on the team, the secondary assists and occasional goals would tally on the scoresheet, Daley would be a shoe-in to break all of his offensive numbers from last season, and it hasn't been the case early on. Then again, anyone not named Kane, Panarin or Anisimov haven't been lighting up the scoresheet either. I figured eventually Daley would be close to Oduya on the blue line, but we'll see.

Keith is healthy, Rosy is rosy, and Hossa is getting back to form (it's taking a few games longer every year he ages). The D side of the puck will get there. If the Hawks continue to deposit 4 pucks into the net on a nightly basis, the Circus trip will be successful.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
last words for a while.

Its good to see this groups flash their top gear, we can all rest easy knowing that effort level and speed of play we saw against Blues is available whenever we truly need it and come playoffs.

While I am gone Toews and Hossa will break out, obvious its coming. I still hope Hobgoblin gets another chance now that he has seen what Blackhawks hockey is about, we'll see if he can match that intensity.

Dano showing he can belong is very good for the immediate and the future. Hosea been stepping up and showing the young kid why he is legend, passing the torch. points coming momentarily....tonight...I'll just call it.

Toews-Hossa on the board.

The Kruger-TT-Shaw line was fun. Some balance evident there, now build some chemistry and let the scrap heap battle out for fourth line spots with bench and rockford.

Mashinter added some much needed size.
Toews is so frustrated. So many good looks, so many set ups for Dano at point blank. If he shoots it just isn't enough, if he passes Dano is infected with his point curse. Scrapping to get self going. Not working. Took another lame and stupid penalty tonight. If anyone ever needed and deserved a freebie...that was it. It was getting hard to watch.
I hate to point it out, but I called the shit out of that.

See ya at Christmas guys, it's looking like the line combos by then will be

TT-Toews-Hossa
Pan-aa-Kane
Dano-Kruger-Shaw
Hobgoblin-kero-garbutt

I don't know...does desjardin need to ever score a point to keep his spot? Or is he gonna get hurt? Dano might find his stick. Did Toews change his fucking stick length or something to be better on face offs? Real question. Where is his usual Taser shot? His accuracy is lost to him. Haven't seen him struggle like this in years. He have babies in his house now or what? Did he find cocaine? No Grimson didn't hack me, I'm just finally concerned. Cocaine would explain the fighting.

The other maybe, obviously Hobgoblin not a real prediction, I'm too emotionally invested, but Kero has shown me enough and came close again tonight. But close...you know Q is not a patient man. Christmas may be too early for Danult or a trade.

Man we miss Sharp. I think that's the forechecking, finishing, locker room heart beat we haven't been able to replace. Pan has replaced Saad plenty. AA Richards, and the Kane line has never been happier. I'm not totally concerned about 1LW as Towws Kane do so much.

It's TT failing to produce without Sharp and lacking the physicality to replace him that has me concerned. Put TT up to 1LW and that line will produce. We can just have two scrappy bottom six lines and that's what the Hawks are going to be by New Years. See you then.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dano is looking very good on the Toews/Hossa line. I like the current roster and lines. 3rd line is looking good as well.