1. Duke Blue Devils
DET.png
@
CHI.png

Sun. 1:00 EST
schedule_fox.png

Preview:
http://www.chicitysports.com/2010/09/11/bears-look-to-tame-lions-at-home/

Discuss the game vs the Detroit Lions here. We'll get a stream posted up for those in need around game time. We'll have several HD ones, usually have a bunch of people link hunting. I have a #1 spot too. I will post links in the thread and in this main post.

www.chicitysports.com/forum/register.php? register if you're a guest and dont have an account to post with!

Last edited by a moderator:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cannot believe it is that time again. dammit this summer has flown by.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
not early at all IMO...its on sunday

regoob2

Liked Posts:
I think this is a bigger game then people think. With the way the line is set the smart money is on the Lions. I think the Bears should win though.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Lions covering the spread isn't the same as them winning the game.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have Bears 27-17.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
I think this is a bigger game then people think. With the way the line is set the smart money is on the Lions. I think the Bears should win though.

This game is huge for both teams, even though it is just week one. Let's face it, if either of these teams wants to win 9 or so games, these are the ones you have to win.

That being said, I think neither of them wins 9 and definitely not the Lions.

As a Bears fan, this game makes me nervous.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Have at It: Clash of ineptitude?

By Kevin Seifert

Perhaps you’ve spent some time wondering exactly what happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object. Because as everyone knows, two separate masses can’t occupy the same place at the same time. Something’s got to give.

This weekend, however, I’ll be wondering the opposite. What happens when a completely resistible force confronts a highly movable object? Which one wins out? Do they repel? Or do they just start doggie-slapping each other’s hands?

That’s the best analogy I can conjure for Sunday’s matchup between the Chicago Bears' offense and the Detroit Lions' defense. The Bears were anemic this preseason, and I’m not buying late-August claims that they were merely hiding the good stuff. The Lions were not much better, and two players they hoped to anchor their respective position groups -- middle linebacker DeAndre Levy and safety Louis Delmas -- missed substantial portions of the preseason with injuries.

But enough of what I think. Let’s open the floor to you as we launch our first Have at It of the 2010 season. How do you think this matchup will play out in what is going to be a really intriguing NFC North game? Some micro-questions to consider:

* Preseason statistics and rankings are listed in the chart accompanying this post. How much stock do you put in them?
* Do you think the Bears really were holding back the best parts of their offense? If so, can they be sharp if they didn’t practice those plays and schemes in the preseason?
* Do you think the Lions’ improvement at defensive line can cover at other positions? If so, will the Lions win the proverbial battle in the trenches?

Have at It: Clash of ineptitude? - NFC North Blog - ESPN (Click link to view the chart)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Da bears!!!!!!!!

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Daaaaaaaaaa Bears. 24-17

Fiasco

Liked Posts:
The Lions have become very respectable on the defensive line this off season and Peterson and Levy are both solid versatile linebackers. However the Lions have an even more suspect secondary than we do, which is saying a lot, and with Louis Delmas banged up I think the Bears will be able to throw the ball all over the Lions. With the improvement of Stafford this year and the additions of Best and Scheffler I think the Calvin Johnson and the Lions will be able to move the ball against our defense as well. These are the games we must win to have a somewhat respectable season and I think we will pull out the win, Bears 27 Lions 24.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Guarantee that if the Bears have more points on the scoreboard than the Lions do after regulation time has expired - they will win.

Kissick

GA Bear
Liked Posts:
It depends which offensive line we get today. If Forte/Chester combine for 100+ yards rushing, I think there's a good chance that we take the win.

Bears 17, Lions 14

Status
Not open for further replies.