Looking at Free Agency: The LB Class

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@AaronLemingNFL: DL Derek Wolfe is a name to keep an eye on moving to FA. Still very early but he & ILB Danny Trevathan have John Fox's interest. #Bears

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised there is not more Bruce Irvin talk. I think he could excell with fangio, opposite of mcphee, and with the addition of a talented 5 tech.

Irvin to me would be a great signing, dependant on price.

He is kind of like the super fast version of McPhee. Not a full time player, moderate production, but upside all over the place.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sign Danny Trevathan, draft Reggie Ragland. Re-sign Shea to a small deal to be a backup. A weakness becomes a strength.

Part of me would love this put an ass kicked (Ragland) beside a heat seeking missile (Trevathan).

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Not a huge fan of Irvin. Great athlete but that doesn't always translate to great football player. Don't think he will be worth the money we would have to spend.

Trevathan is legit though.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It's funny, every year I'll post a thread asking the board who there favorite prospect's are coming from complete shit teams. I.E, guys who generally get over looked but are studs on their respective shit teams.

Trevathan was far and away my favorite that fit that category when he came outta Kentucky. His college production was astronomical. I can only attribute him sliding in the the draft to his size.

His speed, instincts and production were all off the charts. Size is definitely a legitimate concern with him because he plays so violently and struggles to stay healthy at times.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Irvin to me would be a great signing, dependant on price.

He is kind of like the super fast version of McPhee. Not a full time player, moderate production, but upside all over the place.
The problem is Irvin still isn't a polished pass rusher and at this stage in his career is kind of a red flag. He still relies heavily on his athleticism.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
The problem is Irvin still isn't a polished pass rusher and at this stage in his career is kind of a red flag. He still relies heavily on his athleticism.

It is a huge red flag that a guy with that much talent could not find a way to be a strong contributor. He was surrounded with talented players that should have made it relatively easy to succeed. It's damn hard to do with a guy that talented, but I have almost zero confidence that he will improve once he leaves that squad.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Part of me would love this put an ass kicked (Ragland) beside a heat seeking missile (Trevathan).

Myles Jack is built for the Patrick Willis or Navarro Bowmen role. He will come into the league as the best athlete at the position from day 1. The knee injury is a bit concerning, but if he is fully recovered, I could see him having a huge impact in the right scheme.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It is a huge red flag that a guy with that much talent could not find a way to be a strong contributor. He was surrounded with talented players that should have made it relatively easy to succeed. It's damn hard to do with a guy that talented, but I have almost zero confidence that he will improve once he leaves that squad.

Agreed. I just don't see Fangio Signing off on it. Could be wrong of course.

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
I've watched 4 Florida games this year. Aside from their DE Bullard, their weak side backer Jarrad Davis stuck out. Watch this kid vs FSU on Saturday. The kid's a stud. He's athletic and hard hitting as Bostic but has instincts. If he declares, you'll hear more about him in the late first, early second range. He'll look good in a Bear uni. Check him out.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta get more athletic in the front 7.

Trevathan and Irvin would be a couple of really solid additions to the front 7.

I like this. Add a DE who can get you some pass rush in the draft and I think the front 7 is much improved.

Adding Trevathan would also allow Fangio to blitz McClellin more which he should be pretty good at

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cut Shea to send a message to the rest of the team. The Bears don't want soft players who don't make plays!

so cut the guy who has played the best out of the group too say...we only accept total failure. this improvement shit has ta go...smh wtf man

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bruce Irving is 28 and has a bad case of being a stupid football player.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The issue with Irvin will be price tag.

Olivier Vernon is a better prospect to me, he might not be as athletic, but he is more physical and a little more consistent. Last game he gave Tyron Smith fits.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99
Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
Customized jersey service stitched your name and your number!
Best choice for cheap jerseys
www dot 247jerseys dot com

Really guy??? GTFOH with that! Ban this clownshoe!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I've watched 4 Florida games this year. Aside from their DE Bullard, their weak side backer Jarrad Davis stuck out. Watch this kid vs FSU on Saturday. The kid's a stud. He's athletic and hard hitting as Bostic but has instincts. If he declares, you'll hear more about him in the late first, early second range. He'll look good in a Bear uni. Check him out.

Yeah, Davis is a player. Also, the leader of that defense, an elite college D. I think he's the best prospect in that front 7, simply because Bullard is a tweener.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am intrigued to see how much they actually love McClellin.

He has been okay and Fangio has talked him up, but if they are staring at Trevathan in FA or Jack in the draft do they blink because of McClellin?

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
I am intrigued to see how much they actually love McClellin.

He has been okay and Fangio has talked him up, but if they are staring at Trevathan in FA or Jack in the draft do they blink because of McClellin?

I think Fangio is just trying to give Shea confidence by blowing smoke up his ass. He can't really believe that Shea is the answer at middle linebacker.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Bears need an ILB. Run stuffing has been atrocious.