Huge win for Cutler.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or it is so laughable untrue that "lol" is the best response. Go into the Cutler thread and read mongo's Jay's improvement " thread for a quick example then if you have more time stay in there and read. Cutler critics are as about objective as Sean Hannity

I'm talking about the majority of posters who have been critical of him (Broc, DaaBears, myself etc). I'm not saying there hasn't been any unfair criticism by anyone.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or it is so laughable untrue that "lol" is the best response. Go into the Cutler thread and read mongo's Jay's improvement " thread for a quick example then if you have more time stay in there and read. Cutler critics are as about objective as Sean Hannity
But Sean Hannity isn't objective. What you trying to say, PIB?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Quality coaching. That's all it took. Amazing how much better he looks under guys not named Turner, Tice, or Trestman.

Better for him is still average by elite QB standards. Jay Cutler benefiting from the bigotry of soft expectations

Nobody denies that Jay is capable of decent seasons. He's mercurial, thats always been his problem. He can be an above average or a below average QB in any given season. He can give you 2TD's or 2 turnovers in any given game.

All this talk of Jay finally turning a corner is nice, but we're not even sure if his OC plans on returning to coach him. Let's wait and see how he finishes the season. He's been on good stretches of play before.

mecha

Liked Posts:
bearmick isn't wrong. he's one of the moes. he just keeps it real.

I don't think Cutler ever truly sucked, but he was definitely inconsistent in years past. he'll give you a few nuggets and he'll give you a few horrible games. I don't truly believe he was the reason the Bears lost during Trestman's time, but he didn't help the situation.

reality is Cutler is guilty until proven innocent.

one element I took away from his play last night was escaping getting creamed. we all knew he was pretty mobile, but he singlehandedly saved drives doing it, and I wanna say he connected on all his passes when he did it. it's a fun season. just my opinion.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don't think all of the credit goes to Gase though. I think Cutler is just "getting it" more this year. He's matured a lot over his tenure here. I think Fox and the guidelines/discipline/respect all play into Jay's improvement. Gase has done a very good job with him too, and I think having the defensive guys be more on his side is easing things for him as well.

Jay's playing good football right now. I'd still like to give him a better line and improve the running game which should open up some things in the passing game, but he's playing very well for not having his best guys on the field together. You could tell he's playing with more confidence this season. Would I still like to get a true franchise QB? Sure...but without a means of acquiring one, we could do a lot worse than Cutler. I used to be as down on Cutler as anyone, but he's not doing all the things that drove me crazy. He's stepping up in the pocket, he's feeling the pressure sooner and buying himself more time, he's not turning it over as much, and he's throwing it away a bit more. I'm not sure if he just didn't buy in before or try to practice those habits consistently, or if it just took him 8 years to develop better fundamentals, but whatever the case is, I didn't think it would ever happen. Jay and the whole staff/environment deserve all the credit.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Better for him is still average by elite QB standards. Jay Cutler benefiting from the bigotry of soft expectations

Nobody denies that Jay is capable of decent seasons. He's mercurial, thats always been his problem. He can be an above average or a below average QB in any given season. He can give you 2TD's or 2 turnovers in any given game.

All this talk of Jay finally turning a corner is nice, but we're not even sure if his OC plans on returning to coach him. Let's wait and see how he finishes the season. He's been on good stretches of play before.

Your post is pure stupid.

mecha

Liked Posts:
How hasn't desbro posted after Last night

why are you obsessed with Despbro and what he thinks?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm talking about the majority of posters who have been critical of him (Broc, DaaBears, myself etc). I'm not saying there hasn't been any unfair criticism by anyone.

Cool and it is still a laughable statement. While you haven't been as bad lately it would be an outrageous lie to say you've been nothing but objective

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Jay strings a few decent games together and manages to beat the Packers for the 2nd time in only 8 years. Now the homers are going crazy.

Jay is still Jay, calm your titties.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
why are you obsessed with Despbro and what he thinks?

It's not an obsession. Read all of his posts. He either posts something incredibly stupid or gloats like a little kid when Cutler plays well, or both. I have literally seen kids under age 10 act better than him. It's pathetic and annoying. Grow up and have some humility. He's just as bad as any Cutler hater cause when Cutler plays well he calls out posters. He's extremely childish and stupid. It would also help if understood the game of football.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Jay strings a few decent games together and manages to beat the Packers for the 2nd time in only 8 years. Now the homers are going crazy.

Jay is still Jay, calm your titties.

Spoken like a true idiot and hater. It's pretty clear by this post you'd rather see Cutler do bad just so you can keep saying "I told ya so!!!!"

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think all of the credit goes to Gase though. I think Cutler is just "getting it" more this year. He's matured a lot over his tenure here. I think Fox and the guidelines/discipline/respect all play into Jay's improvement. Gase has done a very good job with him too, and I think having the defensive guys be more on his side is easing things for him as well.
I think you're closer to the truth. Maybe Cutler got the idea last year, when everybody was calling for his head and looking for the Bears to unload him. Do you really need a coach to tell you not to keep making poor decisions and throwing ints? I don't think so. Both Cutler and McCown did very well with Trestman the first year. In the second year, the locker room was lost and as cliche as it may sound, when that happens it translates to poor play on the field.

I was reading something in another thread today about Long being asked the difference in Cutler past and Cutler today. Long said it's cause he knows everyone has his back. So maybe the "I don't care" guy really did care when many on the team, including one of his own coaches, were basically saying how they had given up on him. Cutler has always been a very divisive player. Just more focused and on the same page with the staff this year. He's still not the type QB who can carry a team but with far less turnovers, at least he's helping more than hurting.

mecha

Liked Posts:
It's not an obsession. Read all of his posts. He either posts something incredibly stupid or gloats like a little kid when Cutler plays well, or both. I have literally seen kids under age 10 act better than him. It's pathetic and annoying. Grow up and have some humility. He's just as bad as any Cutler hater cause when Cutler plays well he calls out posters. He's extremely childish and stupid. It would also help if understood the game of football.

lol, you're absolutely right, the gloating is rather silly at times. it doesn't bother me though. he's just a fan of his team and his quarterback. there's bigger shitheads on here, Desperado doesn't bother me.

conversely, when bearmick has criticisms for Cutler, those don't bother me either. it's pretty justified.

there are also bigger trainwrecks in the league. we have it good compared to say, the Jaguars.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Spoken like a true idiot and hater. It's pretty clear by this post you'd rather see Cutler do bad just so you can keep saying "I told ya so!!!!"

Spoken like someone who jumps to assumptions

I'd rather Cutler play well so we can trade his ass and look to the future

Mitchapalooza

I don't stalk people's post history, but I swear you've namedropped him like 5 times since last night. it'll thus remain an unsolved mystery.
Lol I haven't name dropped him at all. it's just if there's any win he'd gloat about I thought it'd for sure be this one