Losing Interest?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Anyway... back on the subject in Bulls' fans losing interest in the Bulls.

Bulls fans are some of the most spoiled in the NBA.

We lived through the bliss of the 90's and when the team doesn't have a realistic shot at contending, Bulls' fans lose interest right away and decide they are not worth watching.

And while Bulls' fans are some of the best (if not the best) fans in the NBA, that is definitely a flaw in our fan base. And people on this forum are very guilty of it.

The thing is, fans could still not be as excited, and view the team as not overly enjoyable to watch, but still watch. I fall into that category where I know realistically, this team isn't a championship team. Offensively, they're extremely frustrating to watch. Mainly because of Rose. I still watch though. I'm still a fan of the game and the team. IMO, that's a good fan. Don't expect a fan to be blind. Are we spoiled as a fan base? Probably. We witnessed the GOAT and have some of the most legendary names in every major sport. The bar is set high here. As a player or an athlete, I would embrace that.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The thing is, fans could still not be as excited, and view the team as not overly enjoyable to watch, but still watch. I fall into that category where I know realistically, this team isn't a championship team. Offensively, they're extremely frustrating to watch. Mainly because of Rose. I still watch though. I'm still a fan of the game and the team. IMO, that's a good fan. Don't expect a fan to be blind. Are we spoiled as a fan base? Probably. We witnessed the GOAT and have some of the most legendary names in every major sport. The bar is set high here. As a player or an athlete, I would embrace that.

exactly its not they aren't championship contenders its that i don't really enjoy watching them

i watched almost every game when we had John Lucas or Nate Robinson carrying our offense and as burtal as those teams could be to watch...i think i admired the effort they gave every night and thats what kept me watching

Enasic

Liked Posts:
exactly its not they aren't championship contenders its that i don't really enjoy watching them

i watched almost every game when we had John Lucas or Nate Robinson carrying our offense and as burtal as those teams could be to watch...i think i admired the effort they gave every night and thats what kept me watching

Yep. It's the same effort and intensity I don't see from Rose.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
anybody else feel like this? at this point im pretty much like meh on watching this team.

if i don't have something else going on then i'll tune in...but its certainly not a priority for me anymore and its not that im a fairweather fan its just that don't like this roster very much

Gasol is soft, Rose is soft, Noah is washed up, Snell is horrible, Brooks is horrible, Niko pumps fakes ghost. the only likable guy on this team is Jimmy Butler and even he at times gets a bit fool of himself

i know its still early in the season and we have a new coaching staff but so far this year im seeing the same lack of edge i saw last year and i don't think thats gonna change as the players we have are soft or washed up

we owe Tom Thibodeau an apology for blaming everything on him. this is a badly put together roster and don't take that as me dissing the front office as players being washed up and fragile while eating all the cap isn't their faults

All I have to say is Shame on You! Losing interest after a 10-5 record? If everyone gave up before the end, no one would be a winner! I'm glad the Country we Live in was built and protected be by people that didn't "give up"!!!

Wave the white flag and hand in your nuts.... that's what I say!

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All I have to say is Shame on You! Losing interest after a 10-5 record? If everyone gave up before the end, no one would be a winner! I'm glad the Country we Live in was built and protected be by people that didn't "give up"!!!

Wave the white flag and hand in your nuts.... that's what I say!

:smh:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't think Bulls fans are any more spoiled than Lakers or Celtics fans. Everybody looks at this team and has come to the conclusion that the franchise player isn't good enough to will a team deep into the playoffs, let alone a title. And the Bulls are paying 20mil for a guy who looks like he can't play anymore.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't expect a fan to be blind. It is natural to lose a little hope of a title when you don't have Michael and Scottie on the team. But, c'mon, that doesn't mean you have to lose interest. I watched every game of that 9 win 1998-99 season. The best fans stick it out and find some reason to keep at least some interest in the team and find at least some positive and joy in what they are watching.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Bulls fans are any more spoiled than Lakers or Celtics fans. Everybody looks at this team and has come to the conclusion that the franchise player isn't good enough to will a team deep into the playoffs, let alone a title. And the Bulls are paying 20mil for a guy who looks like he can't play anymore.

Truth be told, as long as the Bulls don't have the best player in the world on their team and have at least one championship under that guy's belt, Bulls' fans will have something to whine about. Whether it about GarPax or the players or etc.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm honestly still unsure of Crystallas' point in all of this.

Its pretty obvious to me. He thinks that Chicago fans are bad fans. That is his bottom line.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Da fuck? How are they remotely similar? Lovie was a players coach that players loved. Thibs wore thin on the players and is far from a players coach.

As far as the front office, how many front offices have assembled a championship team in the past 15 years? I think overall, they've done a pretty good job. Better than most organizations for sure. If Rose never got injured, this team probably would have at least reached the finals, and possibly won. Right now, they're pretty much handcuffed by Rose's contract. The guy is making 20 mil a season and is a negative win player. I don't know how you fix something like that lol

You cannot look at other teams non-success in assessing your team. No excuses should be the credo. Especially when you are a franchise in a fan hot bed like Chicago. They have a huge fan base both at home as well as on the road. They were pretty close to winning several championships but a cheap owner and a horse shit front office prevented it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What I mean when I say I am clear with my own words, is that there are multiple posts by me that are being mashed together here. While they are separate points. Overlap? Sure, but all were in context to the flow of the chat, so new points were added. For example, what you quoted there and sportsmanship were in two different sub discussions in the thread. Where I defined sportsmanship, and it was not brought up again by me, until now since you ask about it.

Also note, my expectations were never disclosed.

Truly, I have no idea now what you are talking about?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No I can't. I believe what I said was clear enough. Also, that I sorted the points out and did not combine them into one point when a few points exist, therefore there is no single summary. Unless you guys are just trolling me to see the irony of me eventually over-react to a discussion on over-reacting, kudos.

I will add another point too, that I believe those who over-react are hard-wired or have such a deep habit of over-reacting, that I don't have the best method of explaining it to this type of person. So asking me to explain it may not be the best idea, perhaps seeing how it is so wide-spread, if someone had a good solution or explaination, it wouldn't seem like much of a problem. So yes, like talking to a wall.

This whole thing has to be a joke, right? I have not a clue of what he is talking about.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don't expect a fan to be blind. It is natural to lose a little hope of a title when you don't have Michael and Scottie on the team. But, c'mon, that doesn't mean you have to lose interest. I watched every game of that 9 win 1998-99 season. The best fans stick it out and find some reason to keep at least some interest in the team and find at least some positive and joy in what they are watching.

Did you miss the part where I said I watch every game? I obviously have SOME level of interest considering I'm still watching the games, right? But why would I have a HIGH level of interest when the team just isn't a championship team and isn't overly enjoyable to watch? That's kind of crazy to me but different strokes for different folks. That's not to say I don't find some positive or joy in watching them. I love the way the defense is playing. Jimmy is always a positive. Noah has been fun this year. I enjoy seeing McDermott play offense. But that's about where it ends. This team has zero shot to win a title and that's fine...but naturally the level of excitement would drop considering the hopes and aspirations of this team the past few years. It should be clear to all that this roster can't get it done. Especially with their 20 mil dollar man playing like a bench player. I'll still watch, I'll still enjoy some of it, and I'll still root for the team. Also, kudos to you for watching that 9 win team. I probably didn't even watch a full game that season. Absolutely brutal...

You cannot look at other teams non-success in assessing your team. No excuses should be the credo. Especially when you are a franchise in a fan hot bed like Chicago. They have a huge fan base both at home as well as on the road. They were pretty close to winning several championships but a cheap owner and a horse shit front office prevented it.

That's the narrative but it's completely unfounded. The only move that could be considered a "cheap" move was not re-signing Korver. Rose wasn't going to be playing that year and JR deemed the team not a contender and didn't want to go into the lux tax. Other than that, he's paid the tax with a competitive roster and shown time and time again, he'll spend. Amnestying Boozer, re-signing Noah, Rose, Jimmy etc all tell a different story than a cheap owner preventing a championship. That issue isn't about money. It's about inadequate talent. If Rose never got hurt, who knows? This team may have won already or be in a great position to win this year. Without that first tier superstar, history has shown you're not winning a title. Unless you're the Wallace/Rip/Sheed/Chauncey Pistons.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I can't blame Bulls management for Rose not being the player that he was. that is just injury based. I can blame them for not putting a balanced team on the court and running one of the best coaches in the NBA out of town.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Truth be told, as long as the Bulls don't have the best player in the world on their team and have at least one championship under that guy's belt, Bulls' fans will have something to whine about. Whether it about GarPax or the players or etc.

I don't think that is true. You can be a good fan of a team and still criticize its leadership. The Bulls leadership is for shit but I still like to watch players try hard to win. I particularly like to watch Gibson, Butler, and Noah bust their asses game in and game out and try to win. ANd I enjoyed watching the workaholic Thibs bust his ass to win a championship.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post

That's the narrative but it's completely unfounded. The only move that could be considered a "cheap" move was not re-signing Korver. Rose wasn't going to be playing that year and JR deemed the team not a contender and didn't want to go into the lux tax. Other than that, he's paid the tax with a competitive roster and shown time and time again, he'll spend. Amnestying Boozer, re-signing Noah, Rose, Jimmy etc all tell a different story than a cheap owner preventing a championship. That issue isn't about money. It's about inadequate talent. If Rose never got hurt, who knows? This team may have won already or be in a great position to win this year. Without that first tier superstar, history has shown you're not winning a title. Unless you're the Wallace/Rip/Sheed/Chauncey Pistons.

He is a cheap owner who very very seldom exceeds the salary cap and if he does just by a smidgen. In the Thibs era, they were lacking a shooting guard and/or small forward to win a championship and they never got one. To me he is a cheap owner who hires shitty people as in Garfield and friend not to mention the bozos that he hired for the White Sox. YOu say that the issue isn't about money and it is about inadequate talent??? They are the same are they not? Tell me that they haven't put a quality shooting guard on the court in Rose's entire tenure??? Why in the hell has he not done it other than being a horse shit owner?