WR Keenan Burton will work out for Bears Tuesday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I dont even know who the hell this WR is...so no I dont know where he would go.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Great, another injury-plagued player that is just average size-wise for the position, isn't overly fast, isn't explosive, can't run crisp routes and can't hold on to the ball. That was his scouting report coming out of Kentucky, and judging by his horrendous stats in what little playing time he's gotten, most of that hasn't changed. Yup, he's a perfect fit for a Mike Martz offense.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol Lefty..sounds like Jerry Angelo's great knowledge working the offense.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are just doing their due diligence and putting him on their emergency list in case of injuries. You guys make it sound like the Bears are giving him a mega deal...

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are just doing their due diligence and putting him on their emergency list in case of injuries. You guys make it sound like the Bears are giving him a mega deal...

Case in point, we're talking about Bears fans here.

Overreaction on everything. :hitler:

Lefty

Liked Posts:

No. That's not the point of my criticisms. I'm saying that when you're looking around to snap up guys to use only in case of an emergency, you should at least be looking for guys that fit. The. System. This guy does nothing that you need out of a wide-out in a Martz offense. Nothing. He doesn't run routes well, he has trouble beating NFL defensive backs downfield, has trouble holding onto the ball, and isn't explosive off the line. There's no point to looking at him, much less signing him, because in the emergency case where he needs to see the field, he won't be able to be utilized in the complicated offense that needs things from WR's that he doesn't have.

Jesus is it impossible now to criticize anything the Bears do without morons stumbling in with "DAH, STOP DA OVER REACTING!!11!!!" bullshit? Come on.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
IF the Bears sign him, it would be for the min...so USC I was not thinking that.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
No. That's not the point of my criticisms. I'm saying that when you're looking around to snap up guys to use only in case of an emergency, you should at least be looking for guys that fit. The. System. This guy does nothing that you need out of a wide-out in a Martz offense. Nothing. He doesn't run routes well, he has trouble beating NFL defensive backs downfield, has trouble holding onto the ball, and isn't explosive off the line. There's no point to looking at him, much less signing him, because in the emergency case where he needs to see the field, he won't be able to be utilized in the complicated offense that needs things from WR's that he doesn't have.

Jesus is it impossible now to criticize anything the Bears do without morons stumbling in with "DAH, STOP DA OVER REACTING!!11!!!" bullshit? Come on.

Overreacting to criticism is on the same level as over-analyzing a petty signing. At this point we're fucked at the WR position regardless of who we sign.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow....
It's slim pickings in FA and teams always look at players like him so they have a candidate for when they suffer an injury. ANY player, regardless of their talent, would struggle to learn the complex playbook that is Mike Martz's offense if they were signed off the street and had to play the next week due to injury.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Overreacting to criticism is on the same level as over-analyzing a petty signing. At this point we're fucked at the WR position regardless of who we sign.
This

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let go of Freddie Barnes but work this fucker out?

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Freddie Barnes was a pipedream anyway. I wanted him to work out from BGSU but it just didn't happen I suppose. But look on the bright side, we have EARL BENNETT! :doorrofl:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barnes looked slow and showed little athleticism in TC and never had a shot to make the team.

Freddie Barnes was a pipedream anyway. I wanted him to work out from BGSU but it just didn't happen I suppose. But look on the bright side, we have EARL BENNETT! :doorrofl:
:smh:
Bears fans hate on Bennett because he isn't a flashy player. He's a good route runner, he's quick and has decent speed, and he's great after the catch. The hate on Bennett is unfounded and just isn't right

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well...I knew Barnes would be a pipe dream but really? I'm sure he has better hands & crisper routes than this dude. Bennett is decent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Barnes looked slow and showed little athleticism in TC and never had a shot to make the team.

:smh:
Bears fans hate on Bennett because he isn't a flashy player. He's a good route runner, he's quick and has decent speed, and he's great after the catch. The hate on Bennett is unfounded and just isn't right

Only WR's that impress me need to put up stats like Conway and Robinson.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only WR's that impress me need to put up stats like Conway and Robinson.

I assume you're expecting that from Aromashodu, if the time is given to him?

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I assume you're expecting that from Aromashodu, if the time is given to him?

No reason he wouldn't be able to produce solid numbers given more playing time and targets. I don't think he'll play like Jerry Rice but he has the potential to put up quality numbers.

That is based off his play near the end of the season last year.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Wow....
It's slim pickings in FA and teams always look at players like him so they have a candidate for when they suffer an injury. ANY player, regardless of their talent, would struggle to learn the complex playbook that is Mike Martz's offense if they were signed off the street and had to play the next week due to injury.

Of course they would struggle, and of course they would be bad, but to look at picking up a guy who not only would be bad in the complex system, but doesn't do anything well that the system calls for is just dumb. If he just ran solid routes, fine. If he was bigger, fine. If all he was able to do is cut well enough to get separation from defenders, fine. But the guy does nothing that you need for this offense, and that is going to exacerbate the problems associated with playing in an already-complex offense should he be called upon to play for whatever reason. That's dumb.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
No reason he wouldn't be able to produce solid numbers given more playing time and targets. I don't think he'll play like Jerry Rice but he has the potential to put up quality numbers.

That is based off his play near the end of the season last year.

Agreed. I like our receivers. But in the end it doesn't matter if we have no time. I'm getting sick of hearing it but it's true, sadly...

Status
Not open for further replies.