Now that week one is done, what record do you have for the Bears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I had 6-10, but now I got 3-13, they beat SEA, BUF, and that's it.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
2 against the Lions, 1 against the Packers, 1 against the Vikings, Dallas, Redskins, Bills and Miami..and maybe the Seahawks and Eagles.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears played better than expected and you go down. How?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
The Bears played better than expected and you go down. How?

What are you talking about? Have you read the post-game analysis threads? Come on, they won, but in anything but acceptable or hope-inspiring fashion.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Guess I'm in the minority, but I'm somewhat more optimistic about the season after that game.

My biggest concern was the defense, and they were awesome. Yeah, I know, Shaun Hill played a half. But he had a 10-6 record as a starter and a QB rating over 80 in his career (both better than Cutler, I might add). Not an All-Star, but still serviceable, as far as backup QBs go.

Not only did they assault Hill in the 2nd half, but they also contained Jahvid Best. Calvin Johnson didn't touch the ball until that final drive. 10 of their 14 drives were 3-and-outs. Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs were flying all over the damn field.

Pencil me in as 10-6.

And I'll name 'em: Dallas, Carolina, Seattle, Buffalo, Philly, Detroit (2), Washington, Minnesota, Green Bay.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
kool-aid is cheap. They beat the Lions and an ill-prepared backup QB. This Sunday will provide proper perspective.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
kool-aid is cheap. They beat the Lions and an ill-prepared backup QB. This Sunday will provide proper perspective.

Against a team that looked worse than the Bears did yesterday?

You don't think Julius Peppers is going to use Alex Barron for a turnstile, just like the Redskins did?

Dallas is completely overrated. Any kind of adversity and they all fall apart.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Against a team that looked worse than the Bears did yesterday?

You don't think Julius Peppers is going to use Alex Barron for a turnstile, just like the Redskins did?

Dallas is completely overrated. Any kind of adversity and they all fall apart.

Wont Dallas have their O-Linemen back..As in Colombo will be back and Alex Barron wont be starting.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Wont Dallas have their O-Linemen back..As in Colombo will be back and Alex Barron wont be starting.

I've heard it's questionable at this point, but could be wrong on that.

And even if Colombo is back, I can't imagine he'll be at 100 percent.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've heard it's questionable at this point, but could be wrong on that.

And even if Colombo is back, I can't imagine he'll be at 100 percent.

I bet Dallas rushes him back with how awful Barron is.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
9-7.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
I'd love to say better, but with that O-line you can't go much higher than 6 wins this season. Cutler was constantly on the move, and in this offense, he needs more time.

The only reason they were able to block as well as they did is because they were keeping so many guys in for protection. Hope I'm wrong, but 6-10.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had the Bears pegged at 10-6 and I'm sticking to that ... for now. Before yesterday's game, I was actually leaning more toward 7-9 and that's still a good possibility, but the Bears actually played better than I expected!

I was worried about their defensive secondary and they performed pretty well. Still having trouble on 3rd and long, and on the last Lions drive they were :turrible: (typical Bears "prevent" defense.), but the defense did well over all.

The O-line is still a concern, but Cutler played well in spite of it. There were too many turnovers and I don't expect that to continue.

I do think the offense will continue to improve as the season continues and this team should do really well in weeks 5-9. (Panthers, Seahawks, Redskins, Bye, Bills)

I had the Bears losing to Dallas in week 2 and I still think they will, but after last night, that game looks more winnable now.

It's hard to get too excited about a win over the Lions, but I don't think we'll really have a good feel for this team until after week 4. I won't adjust my prediction until after they play Dallas, Green Bay and the Giants.

Last edited:

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
this was a weird game for me. I thought the offensive line would struggle, the defensive line would be great, and the secondary to be sub par, but the offensive line seemed better than i expected (not saying much), there wasn't a whole lot of pressure on Stafford until the second half, and the secondary played decent. The main thing i take away from this game is that if we didn't commit 4 turnovers, it could of been a blow out, so i guess my prediction would increase. 7-9 Lions (2), Panthers, Seahawks, Bills, Eagles, and one of Eagles, Giants or Cowboys.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Guess I'm in the minority, but I'm somewhat more optimistic about the season after that game.

I am with you on this, some of the posters on here think just because the score was close and we could have lost this game that it means we're bad.

Well there right if we keep turning the ball over, but if we can stop the turn overs and get a little better play out of the O line we could go places this year.

The Loins as a whole is not a good measuring stick, we really need to see how we do this week to get a better handle on how this is going to play.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:

Idk but they just couldn't execute last game,

anyways I see 7-9 wins i'd say 9-7 :hitler:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I've always said around 8-8 10-6 range... Every year besides the first of Lovie's tenure when they were expected to do nothing or be average they have had monster underdog year preformances. The subtle issues can get better and if the major ones like offense on the same page and blocking get better they can be a team to win.

As long as their D is also keeping them in games and in good field position, having Cutler could get them wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.