10 Facts from today's game

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
It's actually getting boring responding to Mongo. Our top five OL just magically went to shit. Probably because of Cutler.

I miss run and Shoot

You're bored because you are slurping from the same helmet.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get it either. There are so many piss poor areas on this team. I get that the QB position is most important but you need a balanced team to win. Just watching the Bears games, even if we had an elite level QB, you can clearly see that we would still be finding ways to lose games.

No, its just that you are only sensitive to criticism of Cutler. People criticize all parts of the team. Shitty WR play, shitty MLB play, shitty OL play, shitty DB play...

Its only when Cutler is criticized that you all the sudden think there is something wrong with it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
More like Cutler and Gase didn't help the Oline enough and they looked closer to what they are. To me, this staff looks like it may be determining who can play and putting players in positions to help determine if so. It's not like they're not trying to win but it may not be the most important thing going on in these last few games.

You are going by who the better team might be overall.

I am going by who was the better team IN THAT GAME. The only game the Bears won that was kind of stolen was the KC game. They, however, lost atleast 3 if not 4 games where they outplayed their opponent.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I am with you on every point except the O-line being top 5. They are 12-15 at best in my book. Game scheme for a large part has kept them (until today) from being exposed. I am really starting to doubt that we should Franchise Jeffrey. I know he has the talent, but his china doll syndrome is starting to become a major concern. I am still laughing my butt off at the morons two-three weeks ago that were talking playoff run and winning out. And the #calledit on a 10-6 season.

They were top 5 rated statistically, in keeping Cutler upright.

Was fact. Not up for dispute.

Also not up for dispute was Cutler holding the ball for 5+seconds on his first sack today.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The whole team seemed to play to not get hurt today.

Very different than playing to win.

The bolded is one of the best points made on this forum this season. Consider the Bears roster. Most of these guys are UDFAs or vet Fa scrap heap types. No one is going to give a fuck about how they perform after their team has been eliminated. What will impact their future in the NFL is if they are injured or not. If I am Marc Marinara or basically anyone on defense not named Pernell McPhee then I am playing not to get injured. Teams may pick me up as a stop gap based on the previous weeks' games, but they will not waste their time or money with me if I am injured even if I make a good play or two in the last two meaingless weeks.

I fully believe this is also impacting Alshon Jeffery. The number of millions of dollars he is paid next year will not be significantly impacted by a few yards more or less, or a few catches, or a few TDs. But if he gets a major injury then his kids are going to the community college instead of Harvard.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I am going by who was the better team IN THAT GAME. The only game the Bears won that was kind of stolen was the KC game. They, however, lost atleast 3 if not 4 games where they outplayed their opponent.

Had absolutely nothing to do with my post that you quoted.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were top 5 rated statistically, in keeping Cutler upright.

Was fact. Not up for dispute.

Also not up for dispute was Cutler holding the ball for 5+seconds on his first sack today.

Which was as much a part of a three step drop, throw a 3-5 yard pass as it was outstanding line play. But, like I said, I agree with you on almost all of what you said. Cutler took two sacks today that were utterly stupid.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
-When coaching does not bail them out
-When they are not playing for anything
-When they need to make a play outside of the scheme

When it is a Bears player just straight up needing to make a play against an opponent more often than not fail.

How much do we miss Callahan? Rhetorical.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Fact: the Beats need to hit the reset button at ILB.

Keep Timu and Anderson, both seem interesting, and literally replace everyone else.

Not by coincidence these two have shown better at every turn than the Jones and McClellin be it in games or in the preseason. I don't know why Timu wasn't starting from day one this will be a coaching and evaluation aspect to keep an eye on moving forward.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bolded is one of the best points made on this forum this season. Consider the Bears roster. Most of these guys are UDFAs or vet Fa scrap heap types. No one is going to give a fuck about how they perform after their team has been eliminated. What will impact their future in the NFL is if they are injured or not. If I am Marc Marinara or basically anyone on defense not named Pernell McPhee then I am playing not to get injured. Teams may pick me up as a stop gap based on the previous weeks' games, but they will not waste their time or money with me if I am injured even if I make a good play or two in the last two meaingless weeks.

I fully believe this is also impacting Alshon Jeffery. The number of millions of dollars he is paid next year will not be significantly impacted by a few yards more or less, or a few catches, or a few TDs. But if he gets a major injury then his kids are going to the community college instead of Harvard.

lol, this is so dumb. A bunch of udfa's and other scrubs and you think these last couple games don't matter to them? You got it backwards. Those guys could give a fuck about the record.

They are all auditioning for next season starting last week. Every one of them is staring down the barrel of never playing in the nfl again. They need to get everything they can on tape and aren't gon hold shit back.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol, did you quote the wrong post.

Pickles made a good point about coaching starting to put players in disadvantaged situations to see how they respond, something we have seen happen in chi before. Kinda like preseason. But you seemed to miss that.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Which was as much a part of a three step drop, throw a 3-5 yard pass as it was outstanding line play. But, like I said, I agree with you on almost all of what you said. Cutler took two sacks today that were utterly stupid.
Don't bother with logic my man. He knows but it doesn't stir the pot enough for his liking.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the fact that they sat Jones, not just because it gave Timu a chance to show what he can do but also that it puts the spotlight on Shea at ILB and he did not disappoint. The guy just is not an NFL player, doesn't matter what position they play him at. He is a boy among men. They need to cut bait with him once and for all this offseason. It is embarrassing watching him stink up the defense week in week out.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The bears mailed in the season after the Niners loss, which is a good thing

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No, its just that you are only sensitive to criticism of Cutler. People criticize all parts of the team. Shitty WR play, shitty MLB play, shitty OL play, shitty DB play...

Its only when Cutler is criticized that you all the sudden think there is something wrong with it.

Since you are calling posters out when will you answer my question about why you said Cutler lost both the miners and redskins game?