Aram!!!!

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
that was nice to see. hopefully that can make this team go on a run like when he hit game winning HR against brewers 2 years ago

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Finally

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
One day does not a turn around make.....

It's nice to see but Sunday he still looked God awful.

I hope it's the start of something but part of me wonders if he is seeing the ball all that well. I mean he is missing a lot of pitches. Typically when Rammy was ina slump he was hitting the ball hard but right at people. This slump is worrisome because of the amount of strikeouts, weak ground balls and pop ups that he is missing easy pitches on.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Plain a simple. Not to be a pessimist....but Ramirez dipped his shoulder hard...as he has all season long. He just made perfect contact....

He'll be back to trying to blast every pitch tonight.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ole!

keep it up please god knows we need some hitting

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
One day does not a turn around make.....

It's nice to see but Sunday he still looked God awful.

I hope it's the start of something but part of me wonders if he is seeing the ball all that well. I mean he is missing a lot of pitches. Typically when Rammy was ina slump he was hitting the ball hard but right at people. This slump is worrisome because of the amount of strikeouts, weak ground balls and pop ups that he is missing easy pitches on.

This x100000000000

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Yeah, who am I kidding. We have the worst 3-4 hitters in baseball. Ugh it's so disappointing to see. And even worse to see how much money they are STEALING from the franchise.

At least when Prior was hurt and making all that money, he wasn't losing us games. These clowns are not only robbing us blind but costing us multiple games a week with their pathetic hitting approach and their enormous egos.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, who am I kidding. We have the worst 3-4 hitters in baseball. Ugh it's so disappointing to see. And even worse to see how much money they are STEALING from the franchise.

At least when Prior was hurt and making all that money, he wasn't losing us games. These clowns are not only robbing us blind but costing us multiple games a week with their pathetic hitting approach and their enormous egos.

Since when does Derek Lee have an ego?

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
Yeah, who am I kidding. We have the worst 3-4 hitters in baseball. Ugh it's so disappointing to see.

No, actually we only have one of the worst hitters in baseball, right now...Aramis Ramirez.

In the NL, his current .171 is 'chumped' by Akinori Iwamura (.156) and bested by Melky Cabrera, Nate McLouth, Drew Stubbs, Carlos Lee, Jeff Francoeur, Jose Reyes, Pedro Feliz and Mark Reynolds.

In the AL, the lowest AVG is held by Aaron Hill at .175; their 'bottom 10' is stacked by names such as Chone Figgins, Casey Kotchman, Carlos Quentin, B.J. Upton, and Grady Sizemore.

Many of these guys are "Aramis-class" hitters with high expecations for the year. This season is like many others, where you can expect the unexpected in April and May. Some shine early and fade away, some don't.

There are 31 batters in NL and AL combined before the next Cub appears on the list, that is Derrek Lee (.229), flanked by Jason Kubel and Hideki Matsui on the list (the closest NL players and Will Venable (worst) and Alcides Escobar (better)).

Will, you seem like a nice enough guy but you are a writer for the CCS site, and your opinion isn't really founded by fact. Look at the CHICAGO WHITE SOX to have the 'most' worst hitters in baseball: Gordon Beckham, Carlos Quentin, A.J. Pierzynski.

White Sox fans, you have every right to bitch about that. Cub fans, any of you who are over 20 years old might remember a day when we DID have the worst batters in baseball (and usually MORE) for CONSECUTIVE SEASONS. Somebody here a few days ago asked if I was happy with mediocrity, this team is NOT mediocre, I think most of you are wayyy too young to know what mediocrity is.

This Cubs team is kind of a modern-day enigma, we have the 7th best team AVG in baseball (.270, the leader is the Phillies at .278) but we are scraping the bottom of our division because we can't get Runs in. AVG doesn't have squat to do with that - we are putting guys on the bases just fine.

LAST YEAR, we couldn't even do that. The Cubs chatter here, many of you sound like Mets fans (and even worse)...optimism is key, that's why we are Cubs fans not movie critics. This team can turn things around, and they need to and they need our support. Let's rally a bit instead of trying to season pre-chewed meat.

/rant

Last edited:

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Haha I totally know what you're saying. One thing I am not, is optimistic about anything in life. I'm the biggest negative nancy.

Maybe I'll start being more positive if Pujols and Carpenter start putting up D. Lee and Big Z numbers. Until then, I don't see light at the end of the tunnel.

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
That's the spirit, I know it just makes you want to chuck bowling balls down the street (I wonder myself sometimes) but hey...we can cook those numbers any way we like, you gotta right to say 'this sucks' but then you have to think, 'this could be much worse.'

Trust me, bro...in my whole entire life...the Cubs haven't performed at this level for this many consecutive seasons. The harder we work the 'better' the rest of our division seems to get.

Here's the light at the end of the tunnel:
1. The Reds have been more consistent at starting strong and falling hard than we are at being terrible
2. My goodness, the Brewers STINK this year, aren't you glad you don't have to ponder those possibilities?
3. Projections are still valid for a race between us and the Cards by the end of the season!!

Let's go Cub fans! here's a beer for all of ya, we could be on a roll!!!
:beer: :beer:

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Aramis just needs to get in with Jaramillo and drop his I'm a veteran and can fix it myself. He is dropping his shoulder and pulling his hips to quick. If it's mental than maybe a trip down to the minors would fix it so he isn't hurting the club.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
he is not going to minors......he will hit (HOPEFULLY)

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I know he's not. But he needs to. If he don't start hitting soon they better figure out something with him.

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
I know he's not. But he needs to. If he don't start hitting soon they better figure out something with him.

I'm with you. Aramillo is there, work with him!!!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
0-8 after the walkoff.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
If Ramirez was only in a "typical" Soriano slump, we'd still be winnin' our fair share of ball games. But since he's in a never before seen ARAM slump we are hurting.