Goff or Lynch could be available at #11

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Is this the last year we are guaranteed to owe Jay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It wasn't a well kept secret that Pace wanted Mariota last year so getting use to what? Not enough top talent QBs in drafts?

That said, this is also a draft with some intriguing later choices. Prescott, Brissett, Adams, etc.

I'd comfortable with any of these guys . I'd take Prescott at 2 or 3. With Goff, Lynch, Wentz .....I'm seeing a Gabbert, Locker, Bortles-type scenario.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
they are all more talented than gabbert or locker, even lynch who i am not high on. and bortles shouldnt be mentioned alongside gabbert or locker either, hes a far better QB. that said, goff and wentz are far better prospects than bortles was.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'd comfortable with any of these guys . I'd take at 2 or 3. With Goff, Lynch, Wentz .....I'm seeing a Gabbert, Locker, Bortles-type scenario.

2cd3r8.jpg

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cleveland might be the only team ahead of the Bears to take a QB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
they are all more talented than gabbert or locker, even lynch who i am not high on. and bortles shouldnt be mentioned alongside gabbert or locker either, hes a far better QB. that said, goff and wentz are far better prospects than bortles was.

My problem with Goff is how poorly he performed vs ranked teams with a "D". Had he done better I could see him as a 1st rounder.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Goff vs Utah completed 25-of-47 passes for 340 yards, two touchdowns and five interceptions. Loss

Jared Goff completed 23 of 31 passes for 272 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions vs USC Loss

Goff to 18-of-41 passing for 329 yards and two touchdowns 1 INT. vs Oregon. Loss ( Goff was out played by Qb Vernon Adams Jr., 4 TD's 300 yards ( Adams " too short" for NFL, the pundits say)

Jared Goff ended with Cal's quarterback completing 37 of 54 passes for 386 yards and two touchdowns no picks vs Stanford Loss

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
How can I draw some 'buzz"? Oooh- and payola- I want some payola. Payola with a side of buzz.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:

San Diego, Dallas, Baltimore, the 49'ers, and the Giants. I could see any of them drafting a QB, especially Baltimore- Ozzie Newsome is good like that.

Liked Posts:
I'd be fine if the Bears drafted Wentz or Goff at 11. Don't care much for Lynch though.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Goff has one of the quickest and best releases I seen in awhile...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
Goff vs Utah completed 25-of-47 passes for 340 yards, two touchdowns and five interceptions. Loss

Jared Goff completed 23 of 31 passes for 272 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions vs USC Loss

Goff to 18-of-41 passing for 329 yards and two touchdowns 1 INT. vs Oregon. Loss ( Goff was out played by Qb Vernon Adams Jr., 4 TD's 300 yards ( Adams " too short" for NFL, the pundits say)

Jared Goff ended with Cal's quarterback completing 37 of 54 passes for 386 yards and two touchdowns no picks vs Stanford Loss

I don't think a comparion of stats in a game between Cal and Oregon should be an approach to compare Goff and Adams.

I see your point with Goff and his performance against better teams, but I can't really comment unless diving into some film. He played with mediocre to below average talent at Cal and that should never be understated.

I know most people saw his Utah game as his worst perfomance, but I remember a lot of experts saying a lot of the INTs weren't on him. The Oregon obviously wasn't too good either. His USC and Stanford stats look fine and I me though. INTs against superior competition are hard to judge.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'd comfortable with any of these guys . I'd take Prescott at 2 or 3. With Goff, Lynch, Wentz .....I'm seeing a Gabbert, Locker, Bortles-type scenario.
yeah maybe even an EJ Manuel or Geno Smith scenario.

And Bortles? Wow, you're so transparently racist. He only put up 4400 yards 35 TDs against 18 INT's for fucking Jacksonville in his second season. Your hate makes you stupid.

Last edited:

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I don't think a comparion of stats in a game between Cal and Oregon should be an approach to compare Goff and Adams.

I see your point with Goff and his performance against better teams, but I can't really comment unless diving into some film. He played with mediocre to below average talent at Cal and that should never be understated.

I know most people saw his Utah game as his worst perfomance, but I remember a lot of experts saying a lot of the INTs weren't on him. The Oregon obviously wasn't too good either. His USC and Stanford stats look fine and I me though. INTs against superior competition are hard to judge.

I'd say most of the INTs vs Utah were on him. If I remember correct, 2 INTs bounced off the hands of his WR, 2 INTs weren't even close to his WR and and 1 he threw to a D lineman.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Interesting perspective because a guy like Wentz is a great runner, taller, stronger and better arm strength than those later guys. I wonder how the 1st 3 and second 3 differ? Goff and Wentz look real to me and Lynch looks to have the chops as well and is getting downgraded due to a meh bowl showing. Bortles is not a bad place to be. Everyone knew it would take him a couple of years. Manning lead the league in INTs (28) in his 1st year and was a lot more prepared coming out.

I suspect one will bust out and another will be a premier talent as that's just how it goes but we don't know which those will be.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

No they aren't. Even run and shoot knows knows how bad Goff was against the only good teams he played. Goff to me is a less talented, weaker armed Jay Cutler and that isn't a good thing. If Goff is sitting behind another QB and the team he goes to actually gives him somethings to work with then I'm sure he will have an okay career but if he goes to a place like Cleveland...... Lol

Liked Posts:
I want the Bears to draft Wentz real bad. I will be surprised if a North Dakota State QB goes in the top 10.

Me too, but I'd still be pretty dam psyched if the Bears came away with either of Goff or Lynch with the 11th pick. I believe that all 3 have the potential become very good starting QB's at the pro level, especially with good coaching & development.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If that's so, someone will trade up. I'd plan on 2 gone by 11. That said, Cleveland is difficult to predict and could be gun shy.