NHL All-Star Weekend Thread

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
As far as an All-Star Game goes, this is somewhat fun to watch. I expected a real snoozer.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
As far as an All-Star Game goes, this is somewhat fun to watch. I expected a real snoozer.
They're actually playing...especially Scott! :elephant:

I wish Capt. Tummyache (and Keith) was oot there with Kaner. They would be unstoppable.

Hey, Dubnyk finally made a save. :smh:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Watch his reaction.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Per Twitter reports, the helmet John Scott wore in today's All-Star Game is heading to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, not much of a hockey fan even though I bet on it. This was my first time watching the skills competition. Maybe because I have never saw it before I thought it was fantastic. Those guys are so skilled with the stick and the hardest slap shot even blew my mind with 108 MPH. Fuck that.

It seemed like a fun event. Basketball skills have gotten boring and I don't even know if the NFL does them anymore.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NHL basically fucked up every aspect of a feel good story. I read that Scott needed to be written in as a MVP candidate.
Scott had a decent game and I'm glad the fans decided to give Bettman and the NHL one last "fuck you." His teammates loved it and it seemed like the rest of the players were all behind Scott and his family in the process.
Lessons can be learned by the NHL brass, but they will continue to drop the ball.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NHL basically fucked up every aspect of a feel good story. I read that Scott needed to be written in as a MVP candidate.
Scott had a decent game and I'm glad the fans decided to give Bettman and the NHL one last "fuck you." His teammates loved it and it seemed like the rest of the players were all behind Scott and his family in the process.
Lessons can be learned by the NHL brass, but they will continue to drop the ball.

Very well said.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Watch the NHL try and manufacture the same type of storyline next year but completely fuck it up by bringing in someone like Raffi Torres

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watch the NHL try and manufacture the same type of storyline next year but completely fuck it up by bringing in someone like Raffi Torres

Who will actually beat up on Kane for real, injure him for the year and get a one game suspension......

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Montreal is having thoughts about calling Scott up from the minors, maybe as some type of ratings gimmick after the support he got at the All-Star game?
If I were him, I'd retire, tell Buttman and the league to fuck off, take my family and new car the hell out of St. Johns and move somewhere warm. He's got an engineering degree...go down in flames!

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Montreal is having thoughts about calling Scott up from the minors, maybe as some type of ratings gimmick after the support he got at the All-Star game?
If I were him, I'd retire, tell Buttman and the league to fuck off, take my family and new car the hell out of St. Johns and move somewhere warm. He's got an engineering degree...go down in flames!

I get a feeling that Montreal is one of the last teams out there that needs to improve their ratings.

Scott is a feel good story for now but let's not act like he is a player that should be in the NHL or that he is really some type of All-Star. Seems like a great guy but he doesn't bring anything to a NHL team on the ice.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get a feeling that Montreal is one of the last teams out there that needs to improve their ratings.

Scott is a feel good story for now but let's not act like he is a player that should be in the NHL or that he is really some type of All-Star. Seems like a great guy but he doesn't bring anything to a NHL team on the ice.

But...but...but....MVP!

I know he doesn't belong and Montreal doesn't need ratings or publicity, I was thinking more of as a gimmick. I guess I'm thinking if he retired now, it would be right after the high-point of his career.