OT: Calvin Johnson to retire

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire

"Detroit Lions star receiver Calvin Johnson told his family and a close circle of friends before last season that 2015 would be his final year in the NFL, and he delivered the same message to coach Jim Caldwell the day after the regular season ended, sources told ESPN.

The Lions, in turn, said, "We obviously have profound respect for Calvin and certainly understand and appreciate his decision to give proper thought and consideration to his football future."

But unless Johnson has the change of heart that the Lions still are hoping for but many are not expecting, one of the greatest players in franchise history is likely to walk away from the game."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14686284/calvin-johnson-told-detroit-lions-plans-retire

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Important to note: Caldwell told Calvin Johnson not to rush decision, to take time. Out of respect to Caldwell, Johnson agreed to do that.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago
Calvin Johnson told Lions he plans to retire. Full story on ESPN:

http://es.pn/1POiQqw http://fb.me/46r4t4xNa

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 10m10 minutes ago
Calvin Johnson told family 2015 would be his final year and delivered same message to Jim Caldwell after season ended, sources told ESPN.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
#calledit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
At this point it helps them more than it hurts them (pending whatever $$ changes they could've made to his contract). He was going to cost them an insane amount of $$ and his play has fallen off. Maybe they'd have been able to restructure. Maybe they'd have released him. But this frees up a lot of $$ for a guy who wasn't worth what he was being paid.

Great player. Always respected him b/c he didn't showboat. It didn't hurt that nobody could cover him like Peanut did.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
My sources tell me Alshon is contemplating retirement as well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's sad that we wasted his career in Detroit. How things could have been if he were with a good franchise.

Liked Posts:
One of the all time greats. Good luck to him in whatever he decides to pursue post football

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
At this point it helps them more than it hurts them (pending whatever $$ changes they could've made to his contract). He was going to cost them an insane amount of $$ and his play has fallen off. Maybe they'd have been able to restructure. Maybe they'd have released him. But this frees up a lot of $$ for a guy who wasn't worth what he was being paid.

Great player. Always respected him b/c he didn't showboat. It didn't hurt that nobody could cover him like Peanut did.

He was the only good player on that offense. Stafford's and Tate's careers just ended along with Megatron's.