Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think it is higher.

Oakland and Chicago make a ton of sense and have the cash.

Yeah i think it's over a 50% chance in our favor as well. He didn't have to say what he said and to say it that means it's been on his mind already and the guy is about to play in the Super Bowl with Denver and still talking about J.Fox and the Bears.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Trevathan would be huge for Frangio and our defense. He'd give us a lot of flexibility to give a lot of different looks. The guy makes plays. Didn't he lead the Broncos in tackles this year? He just ends up in the right place -- solid instincts.

I know we're going to pursue him and we have the money to close the deal. Trevathan would be a major boost for our defense. Pace should be able to land impact talent on D in the draft, as well. A healthy McPhee and a more experienced Eddie Goldman -- we'll finally start to amass some legitimate talent.

We're going to be much improved next year, no doubt.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yeah i think it's over a 50% chance in our favor as well. He didn't have to say what he said and to say it that means it's been on his mind already and the guy is about to play in the Super Bowl with Denver and still talking about J.Fox and the Bears.

Without a doubt in my mind, if Trevathan was offered the most money by the Bears, he would sign with us. You just never know what team might pay him something ridiculous because he is the top rated ILB.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Now the question becomes:

If another team offers him (Bears offer) + 5 million, do the Bears counter?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

No.

We just send Fox over with the contract we offered to his house and just say:

"I respect you if you want to stay a Bronco, but are you seriously walking on me for the fucking Raiders?!?"

(I dare you to say yes to that man, kiddo)

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
i remember martellus was recruiting him hard to come to chicago and while emery didnt say who he was going after, the likelihood was michael, because once he re-signed emery was very quick to sign houston to that relatively large contract.

It was reported that Bennett had an offer on the table from the bears and he was deciding between Seattle and the bears.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I meant more along the lines of, did he ever make any comments or say anything in an interview that showed any desire to come to Chicago? I know he considered the offer, but that seems to be as far as it went.

TwoWire

Liked Posts:
OMG, one of the main reasons I hate the offseason! We should get this guy in my wet dream. No, that guy.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
OMG, one of the main reasons I hate the offseason! We should get this guy in my wet dream. No, that guy.

OMG like totally! Fuck free agents and any dumbass that wants to sign them to improve the team, FUCKING MORONS!

Bears27

Liked Posts:

Yes, but if you're truly focused you don't give other teams that chance. Don't let him leave Halas without signing, if you really want him.

It is actually quite telling that he brought up the Bears, completely unprovoked or lead-in, when asked about FA. He's a good young linebacker and he might've briefly shown his affection for his former coach. Another great benefit from hiring the right people. If we do land Trevathan, I think the prospect of adding a run-stopping LB like Jack or even Ragland, with the 11th, becomes that much more enticing.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Pretty plugged in Denver reporter

Benjamin Albright
@CarasikS Travathan probably headed to Chicago.

Good, ILB is probably the biggest need on the team. Getting him and Jackson would be huge

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
12. Danny trevathan, lb (87.6)
2015 team: Denver broncos

injuries ruled danny trevathan out for much of 2014, but his 2015 campaign built on his solid 2013 season, as he flourished in wade phillips’ 3-4 scheme. Trevathan finished in the top five for ilbs in both run-stop percentage and tackling efficiency, while also having pff’s sixth-highest coverage grade amongst ilbs. With trevathan one of four broncos on this list, and several more starters set to become free agents, linebacker-needy teams should like their chances of trevathan hitting the market.

pff

Mitchapalooza

it'll probably help us get Trevathan since he won the superbowl. He's got a ring now he wants some money + he likes Fox.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Can somebody please tell me we have Atleast a 10% chance of landing Von,could he deny the franchise tag...is that even possible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Can somebody please tell me we have Atleast a 10% chance of landing Von,could he deny the franchise tag...is that even possible?

No. There is like zero chance he is not a Bronco next season.

bufordht

Liked Posts:

No, not possible unless he just doesn't play. It's more like a million to one...

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

Could always trade two first round picks if he gets tagged. Steep price to pay but he is at least the type of player that would merit discussion.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Could always trade two first round picks if he gets tagged. Steep price to pay but he is at least the type of player that would merit discussion.

It's worth a discussion. But losing two 1st round picks AND making Von the highest paid defensive player in the league? I wouldn't do it. Get more stout up front and fix our ILB situation and that will go a long way. McPhee, Young, Houston and a draft pick this year and our pass rush is more than fine. Have to stop the run first so our pass rush has more of a chance to succeed when put into 3rd and long instead of 3rd and short.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
A true play making safety will go a long way too. We haven't had an eraser in a long time.