Brandon Marshall LOL when asked if he and Jay are cool

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans

For the most part, Brandon Marshall's three seasons with the Chicago Bears were quite productive, as he caught 31 touchdown passes and had seasons of 1,508 and 1,295 receiving yards (the third year was 721 in 13 games) before moving onto the New York Jets in 2015.

But he didn't leave on the best terms with Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, and whatever tension that existed between the two bubbled up last August when Marshall said this about his former QB (via ESPN):

"There is a culture in the league that you keep everything in-house. But for me last year, I felt like, when we are going on 10 years -- nine, 10 years in the league -- it's time to get it. I felt like I was the only one in the organization that had the 'huevos' to hold [Cutler] accountable. It didn't go the way I wanted it to go.

"We didn't talk much during the year. We still haven't talked. That is sad. I don't think there is anybody in the league that had more chemistry than us. If we had a slant route, I was going to go in the hole and he would find me. We saw the game the right way. I felt like that is something we could have built on."

This week, Marshall was asked about Cutler again when he stopped by "The Rich Eisen Show" and a funny thing happened.

Marshall completely froze up when asked if he and Cutler are "cool" and then started laughing out loud at the awkwardness of the moment. He then said he hasn't spoken to Cutler in two years -- which Eisen followed by pointing out for one of those seasons Marshall was on the Bears.

This caused Marshall to laugh out loud again and give Eisen a fist-bump, as if to acknowledge a professional interviewer catching him in a candid moment.

Marshall then said some nice things about Cutler and the Bears, making for a funny moment that could have been even more awkward.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chicago-bears-new-york-jets-brandon-marshall-jay-cutler-cool-020416

supra8795

Liked Posts:
Fucking dude doesn't even know when he last played for the Bears. Pretty sure him and Cutler talked when he was with the Bears.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jay has even said he's reached out since Marshall's been gone. I'm sure it was quiet here once Marshall implied he was the only guy on the team that gave a shit and ripped his mates a new asshole before getting on his flight to NY instead of getting treatment..

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He just can't let it go.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what Cutler should say?

"Hey Brandon, thanks for starting shit ion another team. Hope you are doing well constantly bringing the bears up"

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fucking dude doesn't even know when he last played for the Bears. Pretty sure him and Cutler talked when he was with the Bears.

Nope, Brandon would write all his feelings in his journal and leave pages in Cutler's locker for him to read.... they never spoke while Brandon was on da Baers.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
LMAO basically implying Cutler and his #1 WR didn't talk at all during the 2014 season

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He just can't let it go.

I dont put full blame on Marshall for this topic refusing to die- It is S.O.P. for interviewers to try and dig this shit up about WR/QB breakdowns.
Owens was the most productive mine for that, Moss was pretty productive, and Marshall is following suit.

If marshall would clam up in his answers, it would go away- but what reporter can resist raking this up when they know they get click worthy responses?

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're absolutely right on all of your points. Marshall just needs to stop answering those questions. I think the guy isn't over everything that happened during his last season in Chicago.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You're absolutely right on all of your points. Marshall just needs to stop answering those questions. I think the guy isn't over everything that happened during his last season in Chicago.

Yup. everyone from the 2014 offense has a reason to be bitter. They were collectively one of the most talented teams in the league and for whatever reason they managed to squander it... and they squandered it in epic fashion.
It isn't like they did their job well- and that is across the board, players and coaches alike- and could say "well, we did what we needed, and the defense killed us".

If they had run well as a unit, lit up the scoreboard, and lost due to defense... maybe it would have been easier to take.
But as it stands, they all blew dead goats, and threw away the best offensive situation that they will ever be a part of.

I would be as Bitter as Marshall is, for sure. I just wouldnt keep talking about it.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Fuck Cutler, he deserves to be trashed in the media.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup. everyone from the 2014 offense has a reason to be bitter. They were collectively one of the most talented teams in the league and for whatever reason they managed to squander it... and they squandered it in epic fashion.
It isn't like they did their job well- and that is across the board, players and coaches alike- and could say "well, we did what we needed, and the defense killed us".

If they had run well as a unit, lit up the scoreboard, and lost due to defense... maybe it would have been easier to take.
But as it stands, they all blew dead goats, and threw away the best offensive situation that they will ever be a part of.

I would be as Bitter as Marshall is, for sure. I just wouldnt keep talking about it.

Yeah, watching that season was hard, but I firmly believe with better coaching we would have lit it up on offense. I don't believe it was a problem with the players, but a problem with the scheme they were running and the failure to make adjustments. People want to blame Cutler or blame Marshall and I'll admit I was glad Marshall was gone because he falls apart emotionally pretty quick, but if we had competent coaches the meltdown does not happen. Just about every single person on this board knew what play the offense was going to run before it was ran. Just so much potential wasted.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
With any luck they'll both be playing together in. New York sooner rather than later.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I like Marshall and think Pace was a bit trigger happy to give him away so cheaply, but I am under the impression Brandon will never tire of hearing himself talk.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuck Cutler, he deserves to be trashed in the media.

Eh, not really, not on personal disagreements anyway. Keep the drama in-house. From a professional perspective, Cutler just wasn't good enough to be one half of a great team, but neither have any of the QBs Marshall has played with, so it's hardly fair to single out Cutler. I can't imagine what Marshall would have been able to accomplish with a top tier QB, or even a second tier one like a Rothleisberger/Rivers type. The consistency on the field he's achieved with guys like Orton, Cutler, Henne and Matt Moore is incredible.

Of course it would also have been cool if he wasn't a head case.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshall could just take the high road and say everything is cool between Cutler and him when asked this line of questioning. But everytime he makes a spectacle of it and therefore the question will continue to be asked. It is this why I was cheering when the Jets missed the playoffs. Marshall could actually learn a lot from Cutler about how to handle the media. Cutler has grown up and matured while Marshall continues to just not get it. Million dollar body and 2 cent brain.