CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
When I get paid millions of dollar to hit major league pitching, I will.
Your posting indicated that you already took one off the noggin. Boo just wanted him to get a shot at the rotation. No one in this thread has suggested he was going to have a role of SP out of spring training.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me too. I think Warren is the "sleeper" of the off-season.

Furthermore on Adam Warren, any guy who goes 6-6 in 17 starts for the Yankees (AL), and posts a 3.69 ERA, surely has to be a guy considered for the rotation.

Pitchers can transition from AL to NL, and sometimes figure to drop the ERA nearly a half a point. That would put him roughly above a 3.20, and he may be better than that.

Like I said..........Sleeper of the off-season. :smug2:

Eh, his stuff isn't that good. He is valuable in his swing man role. I would say Hammel's has better stuff then Warren. He may compete for a spot, but unless the Cubs unlock a magical pitch for him. I doubt he goes straight into the rotation.

Your posting indicated that you already took one off the noggin. Boo just wanted him to get a shot at the rotation. No one in this thread has suggested he was going to have a role of SP out of spring training.

I don't know what sleeper means to you. But, that means doing more than what is projected. He is projected as a swing man. I think you may have took a Randy Johnson fastball off the noggin.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I want to see Edwards up with the Club. Also, I have a hunch that Warren will be in the starting rotation at some point this season.

I don't know what sleeper means to you. But, that means doing more than what is projected. He is projected as a swing man. I think you may have took a Randy Johnson fastball off the noggin.
What it means to me, is what I posted early in the thread and boobaby liked, as well as replied to it with the "sleeper" comment. You created a strawman and I replied to you with one about batting against Warren. Now, if you'd like to continue the conversation where you continually misrepresent someone's posting, I'll be happy to remind you that you don't want to be like SecondTimer.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What it means to me, is what I posted early in the thread and boobaby liked, as well as replied to it with the "sleeper" comment. You created a strawman and I replied to you with one about batting against Warren. Now, if you'd like to continue the conversation where you continually misrepresent someone's posting, I'll be happy to remind you that you don't want to be like SecondTimer.

:drama:

Lol, so I gave my opinion on Warren and how I don't think he we start out in the rotation and I am straw man. I don't think you know what that word means and when to use it. Warren has mediocre stuff. Deal with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol, so I gave my opinion on Warren and how I don't think he we start out in the rotation and I am straw man. I don't think you know what that word means and when to use it. Warren has mediocre stuff. Deal with it

his stuff may be mediocre...but to me that just shows the guy knows how to pitch and hit his spots. kind of a more refined version of Hendricks. no matter how you slice it, the guy produced in the AL East with a 3.66 ERA as I believe someone mentioned and had a 2.7 WAR and is now making the move to the NL. there is a good bit to like about the guy.

one thing I will say, I hope you are right that warren doesn't crack the rotation at all....that just means arrieta, lester, lackey, hammel, and Hendricks stay healthy and are producing at a solid level

TL1961

Liked Posts:
you and me both buddy. 2.7 WAR pitcher from the AL east making the move to the NL....I think hes going to surprise some people

I also think Warren will be a very nice addition and will surprise many people. I hope we're right.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
:drama:

Ok, Silence.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
his stuff may be mediocre...but to me that just shows the guy knows how to pitch and hit his spots. kind of a more refined version of Hendricks. no matter how you slice it, the guy produced in the AL East with a 3.66 ERA as I believe someone mentioned and had a 2.7 WAR and is now making the move to the NL. there is a good bit to like about the guy.

one thing I will say, I hope you are right that warren doesn't crack the rotation at all....that just means arrieta, lester, lackey, hammel, and Hendricks stay healthy and are producing at a solid level

They should

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They should

well the health part nobody can predict so you can forget the should part on that. the production part I feel confident in arrieta and lester. lackey is getting up there in age but hopefully produces. hammel was crap the 2nd half, maybe because of the leg injury who knows...just not ready to be confident in him at the moment. Hendricks just has to be so precise with his pitches you never know the kind of season he will have, kind of like a travis wood IMO. could have a great year or a down year depending upon his pitch location. so I guess in summation, if I had to bet an over/under on the number of starts warren makes this season id place the number at about 3.5 :shrug:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
well the health part nobody can predict so you can forget the should part on that. the production part I feel confident in arrieta and lester. lackey is getting up there in age but hopefully produces. hammel was crap the 2nd half, maybe because of the leg injury who knows...just not ready to be confident in him at the moment. Hendricks just has to be so precise with his pitches you never know the kind of season he will have, kind of like a travis wood IMO. could have a great year or a down year depending upon his pitch location. so I guess in summation, if I had to bet an over/under on the number of starts warren makes this season id place the number at about 3.5 :shrug:

I would place the over. I doubt the whole rotation stays healthy. Also, how you describes Hendicks is basically the same to describe Warren. His fastball is 92 and he throws that and the slider the most. He has a curve and a a change that he throws less than 15% of the time each. He has to be precise or his stuff will get smashed.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I would place the over. I doubt the whole rotation stays healthy. Also, how you describes Hendicks is basically the same to describe Warren. His fastball is 92 and he throws that and the slider the most. He has a curve and a a change that he throws less than 15% of the time each. He has to be precise or his stuff will get smashed.

agreed, I pointed that out in my description even. I also said that warren seems to have the precision aspect a bit more figured out than Hendricks, hence why he had better numbers than Hendricks, despite pitching in the AL East vs the NL

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

And it has been noted that Theo was asking Cashman about Warren for over a month before the deal went down with the Yankees.

You usually don't inquire that hard about a swingman, but you do inquire that much about a potential "sleeper".

Albeit a sample size, but I feel a 6-6 record and 3.69 ERA in the AL and coming to the NL is definitely something to watch.

Not sure if Hendricks would post the same numbers, so we will see shortly how Warren figures into this team.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Adam Warren is someone their counting on to be able to replace jason hammel around the trade deadline after they move him...
Hammel has a team option for next year which i doubt they will pick up , so they will most likely move him for something.
Adam Warren will start in Iowa and most likely be the first guy called up when needed.
He will be 29 and has 3 more yrs of team control , unless he blows up, he most likely will be a part of rotation at some point this year and next 3 yrs.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And it has been noted that Theo was asking Cashman about Warren for over a month before the deal went down with the Yankees.

You usually don't inquire that hard about a swingman, but you do inquire that much about a potential "sleeper".

Albeit a sample size, but I feel a 6-6 record and 3.69 ERA in the AL and coming to the NL is definitely something to watch.

Not sure if Hendricks would post the same numbers, so we will see shortly how Warren figures into this team.

They talked a lot of names

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Adam Warren is someone their counting on to be able to replace jason hammel around the trade deadline after they move him...
Hammel has a team option for next year which i doubt they will pick up , so they will most likely move him for something.
Adam Warren will start in Iowa and most likely be the first guy called up when needed.
He will be 29 and has 3 more yrs of team control , unless he blows up, he most likely will be a part of rotation at some point this year and next 3 yrs.

Warren is not starting in Iowa, he's been on a MLB roster continuously for three years with solid numbers. I'd be shocked if he wasn't on the team to start the season. Best guess is the pen will be Rondon, Strop, Wood, Warren, Brothers, Grimm, Cahill and either Richard or Ramirez.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Warren is not starting in Iowa, he's been on a MLB roster continuously for three years with solid numbers. I'd be shocked if he wasn't on the team to start the season. Best guess is the pen will be Rondon, Strop, Wood, Warren, Brothers, Grimm, Cahill and either Richard or Ramirez.
You could be right but it depends on if their thinking of using him as a replacement at some point for Hammel or Hendricks. .
If so, think theyd rather have him pitching starter innings in iowa then coming out of bullpen in chicago til they make that move..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

seems like a no brainer to me, you roll with Neil Ramirez. already have 2 Lefties in the pen in wood and brothers, so the lefty value for Richard isn't really there. and when healthy(I know a bit of an if) Ramirez is by far the better arm of the two. Ramirez has crazy good stuff

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
seems like a no brainer to me, you roll with Neil Ramirez. already have 2 Lefties in the pen in wood and brothers, so the lefty value for Richard isn't really there. and when healthy(I know a bit of an if) Ramirez is by far the better arm of the two. Ramirez has crazy good stuff

I agree with you but for whatever reason everything I've read says they're leaning Richard which would mean they'd have to deal Ramirez as he's out of options. Spring training will sort it out.