• If only Marquis could be like his brother

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ironic Butler and Pau both got honored for making the all star lineup, when the only reason Pau got in is cus Butler is injured

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Now it's just a shot chuck fest... beep beep. the streak continues.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
What's that? Ah — Playoffs? Don't talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
another uninspiring performance

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bulls keep the streak alive!

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
5-13

27-25

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Kendall Gill is going after Hoiberg, basically saying his defensive system sucks and the team needs to get back to the old Thibs system. He basically says the players are frustrated because they now realize that Hoiberg's defensive system simply doesn't work.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It's not even Hoiberg's defensive system. It's Boylen's.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
It's Clear that Hoiberg is going to have to go back to the drawing board. It's obvious that this team as constructed has gone as far as it is going to go. The best thing the Bulls can do this offseason is start getting younger and start to rebuild. Go after younger rotational guys and draft well. It's not like we're going to land KD or Westbrook. So be real and do it the old fashioned way through the draft.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The problems are really simple:

The FO has been fully exposed as well as the roster. It's just not an elite roster and if the FO has drafted better recently (Green, Barton, or Crowder over Teague, Dieng or Gobert over Snell, not trading up for Doug or drafting a high upside player like LaVine), we would look much different right now.

Fred is a downgrade from Thibs. He's very monotonous, robotic, and has zero charisma. Bad combination for someone in a leadership role.

Injuries (what else is new)?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Kendall Gill is going after Hoiberg, basically saying his defensive system sucks and the team needs to get back to the old Thibs system. He basically says the players are frustrated because they now realize that Hoiberg's defensive system simply doesn't work.

yes its Hoiberg's fault Pau can't defend the PNR and its Hoiberg's fault Doug is the most defensively Special person player in the league ...Hoiberg has been a pretty bad coach this year but he can't give players athletic abilities

funny how we forgot with Thibs system we were ranked outside of the top 10 last year in defense

anyway i really wouldn't care if they got rid of every last soul that has anything to do with this team

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
I don't give a rip about Doug's defense, bring him in to shoot threes. Pau's never defended the PNR well. It's only going to get worse with AGE and he is most likely gone after this year so no need to complain.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don't give a rip about Doug's defense, bring him in to shoot threes. Pau's never defended the PNR well. It's only going to get worse with AGE and he is most likely gone after this year so no need to complain.

Why wouldn't you care about Doug's defense? He's a well below average defender and his offense isn't nearly effective enough to compensate.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Because all I want is him to come in for a few mins at a time and shoot. He's never been a great defender. I know what he's there for. So have him shoot and pair him with better defenders. It's pretty simple really. He's a specialized player.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Good coaches develop players. That's the real issue. If you rely on a perfect roster every time, then that means you need the #1 or #2 player in the league to pretty much do the coaching for you.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Good coaches develop players. That's the real issue. If you rely on a perfect roster every time, then that means you need the #1 or #2 player in the league to pretty much do the coaching for you.

well you can't develop a player to have better athletic abilities than the good lord gave him

Doug always had concerns about being able defend on the next level to scouts. maybe he can be developed to not be a total liability ala Korver but with how bad his defensive IQ is thats gonna take more than a year #workinprogress