My Favorite Player?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
youth... hmm did beckett survive.. i havent looked at one of those since the mid 90s. all my old cards are in the attic of my steps moms house.. doubt anything good is in there though.. i got rid of most of the good stuff in hs to fuel one of my habits.. but i still have some complete sets from 77-90s..

Beckett is king when it comes to the hobby.

They came up with three things since you dropped out. 1) Autograph cards. You can get them in packs signed on a card or a signed sticker on a card. They can come as little as one per box or as much as five or six per pack. 2) Memorabilia cards. They cut up jerseys and bats and embed pieces into the cards. 3) Graded cards. Cards are now submitted for grading purposes. The two companies that bring in the most value are PSA and Beckett. A graded card can make a $40 Pujols RC worth $1000s.

AussieBear

Beckett is king when it comes to the hobby.

They came up with three things since you dropped out. 1) Autograph cards. You can get them in packs signed on a card or a signed sticker on a card. They can come as little as one per box or as much as five or six per pack. 2) Memorabilia cards. They cut up jerseys and bats and embed pieces into the cards. 3) Graded cards. Cards are now submitted for grading purposes. The two companies that bring in the most value are PSA and Beckett. A graded card can make a $40 Pujols RC worth $1000s.

i remember walking by a store and just looking sometime in the 2000s and they were selling packs of upperdeck or something for 20 bucks.. its was like 3 cards with a guarantee program card like your describing.. i was like fuck that.. i did catch wind of grading... pretty crazy stuff..

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Today new packs can sell for upwards of $1500-2000 per pack. They come with a diamond chip or an emerald chip. Some have like 7 autos in them.
Most expensive pack I have bought is about $10, though I have sold packs as much as $200 each.

Walker

Liked Posts:
I think it’s that ambidextrous girl pitcher Emma Isaacs I keep hearing the Cubs have hidden in low A somewhere in the California Desert. Even if it’s a rumor, I think she functions as a rabbits foot for our team. Sort of, if you believe in that, and unicorns, then you believe the Cubs will be world champs 2016!

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I think it’s that ambidextrous girl pitcher Emma Isaacs I keep hearing the Cubs have hidden in low A somewhere in the California Desert. Even if it’s a rumor, I think she functions as a rabbits foot for our team. Sort of, if you believe in that, and unicorns, then you believe the Cubs will be world champs 2016!
Da fuq you say

AussieBear

Today new packs can sell for upwards of $1500-2000 per pack. They come with a diamond chip or an emerald chip. Some have like 7 autos in them.
Most expensive pack I have bought is about $10, though I have sold packs as much as $200 each.

i just looked up some boxes on ebay.. roughly 100+ for some boxes from last year guaranteeing 3 autos... idk who would be apart of that though.. shit is crazy.. im sure an auto rookie bryce harper in psa 10 is like 20k or some shit right...

i like getting autos the old fashion way - forging them.. or the non coa kind... like some non coa early 80s pete rose tops autos i could get you for 5-10 a pop... orders over a 100 = 5$ a piece.

are those diamond chips real diamond?

AussieBear

Yes the chips are real,but they are really small. Earring size. Those cards go around $1000 a piece.

doubt i look into to that. i was just pricing some bryce harper RCs and they seem to be fairly priced... overprints or something.. .tons of different ones though so i wouldnt know what to target atm.. but i may load up on some to give to the son in 20 years for shits and giggles

AussieBear

damn brett.. i think ill just leave the card biz to you, its definitely passed me by. I think ill pass on picking this habit back up

I knew graded cards were worth more, i just didn't realize its the standard now a days.. And then the inserts cards have gone mad...

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Collect what you like. I do most of my collecting for flipping purposes on the very very short term. But for my PC (Personal Collection) I collect Rare Chicago items (those numbered very low as little as 1/1 ) and then a few players (George Brett - my handle, Frank Thomas, Larry Bird, Christian athletes). You need serious cash to really go at it year in and year out so collect what you like.

Harpers are a nice grab. Ungraded can be cheap and then if you get one that under a magnifying glass of 10x looks nice, submit it to cash in.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Collect what you like. I do most of my collecting for flipping purposes on the very very short term. But for my PC (Personal Collection) I collect Rare Chicago items (those numbered very low as little as 1/1 ) and then a few players (George Brett - my handle, Frank Thomas, Larry Bird, Christian athletes). You need serious cash to really go at it year in and year out so collect what you like.

Harpers are a nice grab. Ungraded can be cheap and then if you get one that under a magnifying glass of 10x looks nice, submit it to cash in.

Exactly. Unfortunately, my card collecting came to a screeching halt about 50 years ago when my mother tossed out a box of about 500 cards in primo condition. On the other hand, my brother instructed my Mom to never, EVER throw out any of his comic books that he started to collect. Today, his collection would be worth over 100 grand but he started selling it off...bit by bit, to pay his son's way through college. Not a bad way to make big money with a limited investment.

AussieBear

nah i cant, once i start ill want all the good cards from my youth again etc etc. I just thought about harper for the kid.. its crazy how many different types of RCs he has... straight money grab from the industry i suppose... and to get the rare ones im going to have to spend grands.. i rather just invest that cash into something else.

speaking of larry legend... i got non coa autographed boomerangs and the such i could come off of

AussieBear

Exactly. Unfortunately, my card collecting came to a screeching halt about 50 years ago when my mother tossed out a box of about 500 cards in primo condition.

My dad had the same story.. he got my into collecting as a kid, but the story of how his mom chucked out his handful of mickey mantles rcs, the willie mays rcs etc and all the other late 40-50s era cards before he went to the military was a yearly telling at one point..

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I like Russell the best, his skill set says he could be a Cub for 18-20 years, the other guys would likely show a decline after age 32 and may not get 2nd and 3rd contracts. Bryant and Rizzo could be career Cubs especially if Bryant moves to the outfield later in his career.
Same here, but rizzo is the heart and soul of this team.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk