Bears have a real draft plan with Pace..

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
After moving down for Whitehair, a top guard prospect, the Bears essentially moved up to 9 , to secure their guy Floyd, at no cost. Getting Bullard in the third was unreal. Hell of a start to the draft.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I was suspect of the first round. The trade up for Leonard Floyd didn't sit right with me but I do understand the guy has good upside and Fox and Fangio havea nice track record with 1st round edge rushers.

This day 2 though has been great. Pace turned the 41st pick into the 56th, 117th, 124th pick and added a future 4th round pick. That is great value right there.

To top it off, just have a look at the selections Pace made. Cody Whitehair has the potential to be the best OL to come out of the draft. He slots in immediately at LG pushing Slauson to C. If he pans out and Leno can continue to develop, you have the makings of a top 10-15 offensive line.

Bullard was outstanding value. A guy many though would go higher and I think should have gone higher. High motor, no non-sense, smash mouth type player who cna play the 5 tech and shift inside in nickel situations. High character guy that will fit right in with the other guys on the line.

The Bears have drafted 2 immediate starters and 1 who will likely start and if not, will still be guaranteed to see a lot of time on the field.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
All just my opinion:

I think Pace went into last night with Chris Jones and Hunter Henry as his targets at 41. Once those guys were selected, he looked at the board, saw the value and traded back with Buffalo. As that picked approached, he realized they still had plenty of like grades on their board and started dialogue to trade back again. I do not believe the Packers took Spriggs from him. I believe the Bears were on the phone well in advance of that pick. They ended up with Whitehair, a guy that they really like. He was in for a private visit and Pace said they were extremely impressed.

They had to love the value with Bullard and refused to take a chance and they grabbed their guy. So Pace ended up with two excellent football players and two extra 4ths this year in a deep draft and a 4th next year that gets him back to a full seven picks for 2017. Nice work for sure...

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It seems like Pace has a really small pool of players he is targeting in each area of the draft. First round was clearly Floyd, Buckner, Bosa, Elliott, or Stanley and he was going to trade up to get one of those players because he felt they were a notch above the rest of the guys projected to be there at 11.

I also agree with above that he targeted Jones and Hunter Henry in the 2nd and was willing to go up to get one of them. The only issue I would have is that he probably needs to have a bigger pool of players. You can get yourself into a lot of trouble if you have the 10th pick in the 2nd round and have only identified 2 guys worth staying in your spot for. That being said, it worked out well as Whitehair was rated by many as a 1st round pick and the 4th best lineman in this draft. He was my #6 player on the board when Day 2 started and #3 when the Bears picked him (Bears also got my #1 in the 3rd).

jonimus

Liked Posts:
I was suspect of the first round. The trade up for Leonard Floyd didn't sit right with me but I do understand the guy has good upside and Fox and Fangio havea nice track record with 1st round edge rushers.

This day 2 though has been great. Pace turned the 41st pick into the 56th, 117th, 124th pick and added a future 4th round pick. That is great value right there.

To top it off, just have a look at the selections Pace made. Cody Whitehair has the potential to be the best OL to come out of the draft. He slots in immediately at LG pushing Slauson to C. If he pans out and Leno can continue to develop, you have the makings of a top 10-15 offensive line.

Bullard was outstanding value. A guy many though would go higher and I think should have gone higher. High motor, no non-sense, smash mouth type player who cna play the 5 tech and shift inside in nickel situations. High character guy that will fit right in with the other guys on the line.

The Bears have drafted 2 immediate starters and 1 who will likely start and if not, will still be guaranteed to see a lot of time on the field.

I'd like to see what the actual value on giving up 41 to 56 for the 117, 124, and another 4th rounder would be. Does somebody have one of those draft trade value thingers?

Also, still getting guys rated as potential 1st/2nd rounders is awesome. Pace on.

AussieBear

I'd like to see what the actual value on giving up 41 to 56 for the 117, 124, and another 4th rounder would be. Does somebody have one of those draft trade value thingers?

Also, still getting guys rated as potential 1st/2nd rounders is awesome. Pace on.

41 (490) for 49 (410) + 117 (60) + next yr 4th (42-104 depending on slot) 470 + x (min 512) vs 490

49 (410) for 56 (340), 124 (48).... 410 vs 384... - 26 which is roughly equal to pick 162 (26.2 ) in da 5th

add in min +22 from the prior trade, value =s 4.0... 2hich is in comp land between rd 6 and 7. so thats the high end cost of pace doing biz in terms of value i suppose

however, on the other hand and the high end where next years fourth could equal 104...plus adding to this year is 616 - 490 = 126 - 4 = +122 in paces favor.... or gaining the value of a comp pick between rounds 3 and 4.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Aaron Leming retweeted
Jeremy Stoltz
11h11 hours ago
Jeremy Stoltz ‏@BearReport
#Bears GM Ryan Pace turned two Day 2 picks into 5 picks, then upgrade O-line and D-line with value selections. He has my approval.

From Walter Football:

Chicago Bears: Cody Whitehair, G/OT/C, Kansas State A+ Grade
Wow, what a great pick. An A+ for the Bears, for sure. First of all, Cody Whitehair was projected by some to be chosen at the end of the first round, so they're getting great value at this spot. Second, Whitehair fills a big need; Chicago's offensive line had its issues heading into the draft, and Whitehair can pretty much play every single position up front (though he's best as a guard). And third, Chicago obtained him after trading down twice! This is excellent drafting by the Bears.

Chicago Bears: Jonathan Bullard, DE/DT, Florida A+ Grade
Holy crap, I forgot Jonathan Bullard was still available. Maybe other teams did as well. The Bears are absolutely killing it in the draft, especially on Friday. Bullard could've easily been chosen in the first round, based on his talent level. I had him slotted in the second frame, so this is still a steal. Bullard also fills a huge need.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All just my opinion:

I think Pace went into last night with Chris Jones and Hunter Henry as his targets at 41. Once those guys were selected, he looked at the board, saw the value and traded back with Buffalo. As that picked approached, he realized they still had plenty of like grades on their board and started dialogue to trade back again. I do not believe the Packers took Spriggs from him. I believe the Bears were on the phone well in advance of that pick. They ended up with Whitehair, a guy that they really like. He was in for a private visit and Pace said they were extremely impressed.

They had to love the value with Bullard and refused to take a chance and they grabbed their guy. So Pace ended up with two excellent football players and two extra 4ths this year in a deep draft and a 4th next year that gets him back to a full seven picks for 2017. Nice work for sure...

:obama: Uh, yeah they did. Drinking the Orange and Blue Kool-Aid is acceptable!! Orange and Blue Kool-aid enemas are creepy.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems like Pace has a really small pool of players he is targeting in each area of the draft. First round was clearly Floyd, Buckner, Bosa, Elliott, or Stanley and he was going to trade up to get one of those players because he felt they were a notch above the rest of the guys projected to be there at 11.

I also agree with above that he targeted Jones and Hunter Henry in the 2nd and was willing to go up to get one of them. The only issue I would have is that he probably needs to have a bigger pool of players. You can get yourself into a lot of trouble if you have the 10th pick in the 2nd round and have only identified 2 guys worth staying in your spot for. That being said, it worked out well as Whitehair was rated by many as a 1st round pick and the 4th best lineman in this draft. He was my #6 player on the board when Day 2 started and #3 when the Bears picked him (Bears also got my #1 in the 3rd).

He was rated as a # 1 pick by hardly nobody. He is a good pick, who could man the guard position at a high level for a long time, and that's good for me.

AussieBear

41 (490) for 49 (410) + 117 (60) + next yr 4th (42-104 depending on slot) 470 + x (min 512) vs 490

49 (410) for 56 (340), 124 (48).... 410 vs 384... - 26 which is roughly equal to pick 162 (26.2 ) in da 5th

add in min +22 from the prior trade, value =s 4.0... 2hich is in comp land between rd 6 and 7. so thats the high end cost of pace doing biz in terms of value i suppose

however, on the other hand and the high end where next years fourth could equal 104...plus adding to this year is 616 - 490 = 126 - 4 = +122 in paces favor.... or gaining the value of a comp pick between rounds 3 and 4.

getting late in oz looked at the wrong numbers... fixed

Mr. Kyng

Liked Posts:
A gm that makes adjustments to changing conditions in the draft and isnt married to need.. this cant be real

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought Pace took day 2 of the draft out, bought it a nice steak dinner, and then laid it down and made love to it.

Cody Whitehair
Jonathan Bullars
3x 4th round picks

That is still hard for me to believe.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought Pace took day 2 of the draft out, bought it a nice steak dinner, and then laid it down and made love to it.

Cody Whitehair
Jonathan Bullars
3x 4th round picks

That is still hard for me to believe.

Not quite the analogy I'd use....

AussieBear

add in min +22 gained from the prior trade, value =s 4.0... which is in compensatory land between rd 6 and 7. so thats the high end cost of pace doing biz in terms of value i suppose

however, on the other hand where next years fourth could equal 104...plus adding to this year numbers is 616 - 490 = 126 - 4 = +122 in paces favor.... or gaining the value of a compensatory pick between rounds 3 and 4.

holy fuck.. fixed again....

i no goods wif maths and reading