Deon Bush S

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
He's definitely a Fangio/Donatell 'coach him up' pick. Raw talent is there and he's usually around the all.

He brings a physical element that we really need too.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
You guys need to watch the guy who played opposite of him jamal carter. You'll be impressed.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Bush was the pick I liked the least for the Bears, so I've been trying to find all the info I could on him today. And I think this is the most intriguing pick of the Bears draft. I think he has a good shot at being one of the starting safeties when the season starts.

Bush actually seems to me to be pretty similar to Amos, but also looks to compliment him in a couple ways. They are similar size, with Amos being more of a bulky build. The speed/agility numbers are all pretty close. Amos showed better ability to cover in college, but that didn't really translate at the next level last year too much, though the Bears didn't ask a ton out of him in that area. I think Bush will do the opposite. Miami didn't ask him to do a ton in coverage. Played a lot of 2-deep and was too far away from the play for my liking. But I think he has some ability in coverage. He has pretty good hips for a safety and should be able to help out some covering the slot and non-Gronk TEs. He clearly needs refinement in that area, but has the tools to be a positively graded player in coverage. He's interchangeable SS/FS the way Fangio likes. Despite the low INT totals, he has some ball skills. I saw 3 of his INTs and they were all great plays, not like a QB dropping the ball right in his chest on an overthrow. I think he will be able to force some turnovers at the NFL level between forcing fumbles himself and laying hits on WRs to pop balls into the air for his teammates to pick off.

Hopefully, Bush is a smart kid and really takes to the coaching staff. That's probably the most important thing with him. Amos was able to take to coaching and earn a starting spot. Bush needs to also if he wants to do the same. I think where Amos was a steady, but unspectacular presence last year.....Bush looks like a guy that can do more of the spectacular (big hits, FF, INTs, flying across the field, more blitzing) but may lack in some of the fundamentals.

I had Bush on my radar after the 2014 season to get picked around the 3rd or 4th round, but he kinda fell off the map some this season and I thought he'd be a guy to grab in the 6th or possibly a UDFA. But this pick looks like a combo of his athleticism, junior tape, and his upside. And as has been said in this thread, there's a decent history of Miami guys being better pros because of horrible coaching down there in recent history.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Bush was the pick I liked the least for the Bears, so I've been trying to find all the info I could on him today. And I think this is the most intriguing pick of the Bears draft. I think he has a good shot at being one of the starting safeties when the season starts.

Bush actually seems to me to be pretty similar to Amos, but also looks to compliment him in a couple ways. They are similar size, with Amos being more of a bulky build. The speed/agility numbers are all pretty close. Amos showed better ability to cover in college, but that didn't really translate at the next level last year too much, though the Bears didn't ask a ton out of him in that area. I think Bush will do the opposite. Miami didn't ask him to do a ton in coverage. Played a lot of 2-deep and was too far away from the play for my liking. But I think he has some ability in coverage. He has pretty good hips for a safety and should be able to help out some covering the slot and non-Gronk TEs. He clearly needs refinement in that area, but has the tools to be a positively graded player in coverage. He's interchangeable SS/FS the way Fangio likes. Despite the low INT totals, he has some ball skills. I saw 3 of his INTs and they were all great plays, not like a QB dropping the ball right in his chest on an overthrow. I think he will be able to force some turnovers at the NFL level between forcing fumbles himself and laying hits on WRs to pop balls into the air for his teammates to pick off.

Hopefully, Bush is a smart kid and really takes to the coaching staff. That's probably the most important thing with him. Amos was able to take to coaching and earn a starting spot. Bush needs to also if he wants to do the same. I think where Amos was a steady, but unspectacular presence last year.....Bush looks like a guy that can do more of the spectacular (big hits, FF, INTs, flying across the field, more blitzing) but may lack in some of the fundamentals.

I had Bush on my radar after the 2014 season to get picked around the 3rd or 4th round, but he kinda fell off the map some this season and I thought he'd be a guy to grab in the 6th or possibly a UDFA. But this pick looks like a combo of his athleticism, junior tape, and his upside. And as has been said in this thread, there's a decent history of Miami guys being better pros because of horrible coaching down there in recent history.
A much improved front 7 will definitely help too. It can hide some of the secondary's weaknesses assuming that unit can get consistent pressure in the passing game.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Hope they look his way in next year's draft--in a mid/later round.

Carter hasn't made a play yet. He looks the part, had the hype, but doesn't have the production. Hopefully with proper coaching and a better scheme he improves.