Slauson released???

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace lied when he said the Bears haven't thought that far ahead after a reporter asked if Slauson was going to training camp.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
I don't understand the hurry with jettisoning Slauson & Young. They're both very productive, neither makes a ton. All offseason it's seemed like the BEARS couldn't get rid of both of them fast enough.

Rolle I get. If guaranteed $$ weren't a problem, I'd get Royal too.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Pace is a fucking idiot. This is stupid and makes no sense at all. Talk about a post-draft downer. He should be cutting his pencil necked weak ass center who Slauson had to play for last year.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Are we that hard up against the cap that saving 2.4 mil makes a difference right now?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
First move of the offseason that actually sucks. I know we are getting younger but damn.

Lake Camelot

Liked Posts:
I don't understand the hurry with jettisoning Slauson & Young. They're both very productive, neither makes a ton. All offseason it's seemed like the BEARS couldn't get rid of both of them fast enough.

Rolle I get. If guaranteed $$ weren't a problem, I'd get Royal too.

When did Young go? I didn't see that.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Are we that hard up against the cap that saving 2.4 mil makes a difference right now?

No, we have top 5 space I believe. Even counting Jeffery's cap hit which should go down if he reaches a long term deal.

greg23

Liked Posts:
And he's light years more valuable than ramirez or larson and probably a better lineman that massie.....i wont even get into comparing him to the garbage we had on the oline last year.

Total headscratcher

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't understand why he wouldn't be easily traded being a good LG and on a team friendly contract??

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
It's not that Slauson is a bad player he just struggles to move laterally on reach blocks and making plays at the second level in the zone blocking scheme.

Slauson is not the same type of athlete as Kyle Long who can get out in space and cut defenders off or maintain leverage on reach blocks. No one is saying Slauson is bad, no one is saying he's too old. But he also doesn't fit the system very well as a run blocker. Add to the elimination of the cut block and it takes away even more of his effectiveness. A lot of times if a guy can't get the angle he can get the cut block. Now they've been outlawed so you need even better athletes.

Slauson is one of my favorite players on the roster because he's a bit of an underdog and he's achieved above expectations and you can't knock the guy for that.

But if it's his time to go due to certain limitations then I trust in Pace.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Fucking dumb move. Is Young gone too?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace lied when he said the Bears haven't thought that far ahead after a reporter asked if Slauson was going to training camp.

Of course he did, did you want him to say he was gonna cut Rolle and Slausen tomorrow??

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ChZ9zqBVEAE8kmX.jpg