Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Everyone on the offensive line is 27 or younger. Slauson held it together last year, but I understand the reason.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wait a minute. Is this true? if this is true than that is a WAY bigger story than Slauson(not that Slauson getting released isn't a big, and bad, deal...)

BEARS

No, Willie Young has to much money guaranteed to be released we would have to trade him.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I read that there were some issues with Slauson's health, I hope everything is alright. This release hurts a bit. Slauson was always a stand-up guy and did everything he was asked. It was a pleasure to watch him play.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It better be for health reasons, or its just a flat out dumb move.

Reactions: DC

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Man, I read that there were some issues with Slauson's health, I hope everything is alright. This release hurts a bit. Slauson was always a stand-up guy and did everything he was asked. It was a pleasure to watch him play.

Agreed 100%, did what you read specify what was wrong w him health wise?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ folks don't pull your dicks off.
He got cut for a reason and likely not cap space. Probably injury concerns.
Gms don't cut players without legit reasons.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Marshal Forte Bennett Slauson. We are such a better team without them ball hogs. Now it will be the Langford show.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Isn't really hard to see the "why" here. Slauson did play in all 16 games last year but seemed like he was banged up from Week 1 on, plus he's now on the wrong side of 30 in a position where players take a beating in each practice, let alone game.

Guess they've got a lot more faith in Grasu/Whitehair then some of us would, though.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Wow, bad move. I guess there is a lot behind the scenes we don't know. Slauson will be missed.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Everyone on the offensive line is 27 or younger. Slauson held it together last year, but I understand the reason.

Would you prefer Larsen or Ramirez off the bench or Slauson? What if pencil neck Grasu fails miserably again this year or Whitehair is not ready? Slauson played great at center last year when Grasu was mercifully benched. Depth is a good thing and Slauson is WAY better than either Ramirez or Larsen who are both just rent-a-player for this year and Slauson already knows the system. Money is not an issue at all. Common sense did not prevail here.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll withhold judgement until I see what deal he gets from another team. It's safe to assume no one was willing to take him in a trade.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Maybe the coaches don't think he's that good? I'd would think after breaking down each of Slauson's plays they would have a better feel than most of the "experts" on here.

Feel bad for Slauson cause he seems like a good guy but don't think this is going to hurt us on the playing field much.