EverybodyLovesPace

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong... I like the good draft grades and think his draft looks great on paper. But we all should know by now that none of this means shit until the pads go on for a few years.

B-But I like feeling warm and fuzzy inside.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The unintelligent fan questions nothing and believes Pace is mistake free. He has done both good and bad and should be questioned like anyone else. Were younger but are we better??? We have better coaching that is for sure. Just because Pace looks good compared to the last two bozo's does not mean he is good overall. I am still not sold one way or the other.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Fine with his first two drafts but losing forte,bennett, Slauson is gonna hurt.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When was the last time the Bears got an "A" on a draft report card?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Monster

Liked Posts:
I don't think it means shit. But it's the off season and better than a C.
A little hope is all it represents.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think Pace is a long term thinking GM. He also is not afraid to throw young guys in the fire who he thinks will develop into long term starters. It seems as soon as a vets replacement is drafted they are gone. Interesting strategy that I don't know if I agree with and I am hoping it stops once the roster is full of "Pace guys".

With his two top 10 picks he has went full on risk with the highest ceiling/lowest floor guys. Thankfully he balanced those risks with "safe" picks in rounds 2 and 3 both years. Not all the picks will work out but I get the strategy and reasoning behind it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fine with his first two drafts but losing forte,bennett, Slauson is gonna hurt.

we didn't make the playoffs with those guys so it really doesn't matter....let Fox do his thing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Sig though.

aPGA5zg_700b.jpg

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong... I like the good draft grades and think his draft looks great on paper. But we all should know by now that none of this means shit until the pads go on for a few years.

I think we all know this for the most part. However, there is one good thing about post draft good grades..... they are better then post draft bad grades. :shrug:

Pace appeared to get good value on virtually every pick. He stuck with a BPA approach, but still was able to fill a bunch of needs. He navigated the draft with a purpose showing an aggressive attacking style, rather than watching teams out maneuver us.

It was only his 2nd draft after a pretty good 1st draft. The bottom line is Pace has done a pretty good job as a GM in only 2 years. Furthermore, if it takes a few years to judge a draft and this is his 2nd draft, he deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

In conclusion, there's quite a few people that think Pace is doing a fine job with the exception of a handful of ridiculous CCS trolls.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think we all know this for the most part. However, there is one good thing about post draft good grades..... they are better then post draft bad grades. :shrug:

Pace appeared to get good value on virtually every pick. He stuck with a BPA approach, but still was able to fill a bunch of needs. He navigated the draft with a purpose showing an aggressive attacking style, rather than watching teams out maneuver us.

It was only his 2nd draft after a pretty good 1st draft. The bottom line is Pace has done a pretty good job as a GM in only 2 years. Furthermore, if it takes a few years to judge a draft and this is his 2nd draft, he deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

In conclusion, there's quite a few people that think Pace is doing a fine job with the exception of a handful of ridiculous CCS trolls.

It is funny to me the vitriol that comes out of this place toward Pace at times. I mean he is not perfect, but he certainly has a vision for the team and is constantly working towards it. Myself I am happy with the direction the team is heading and think, even though its only year two of this regime, that we are going to surprise some teams this year with how tough of a team we are.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe I don't understand the draft process but a lot of people on here write as if Pace picked and then went into another room where Fox and Fangio were sitting, and shouted 'surprise, guess who I picked!!'.

I figured, perhaps incorrectly, that one of the smartest Defensive Coordinators in the game and a hugely experienced Head Coach would have a significant input into the process - and these guys would have spent months mulling over options, perhaps meeting with players and reviewing game film, going over tiny details to ensure players drafted fitted into a larger game plan that would see the Bears actually be competitive in a year or two? Then based on that, the GM would make his selections.

My assumption when Pace joined and Fox/Fangio came on board was that the rebuild would take three to four years, that seemed a reasonable amount of time to move from a a team that was truly non-competitive to one that could hold their own in the Division and begin to look at the playoffs as the norm rather than an exception. Eighteen months on and we look to have a young roster, a bunch of players with a high ceiling and a coaching staff who are committed to their development. Are they the finished article - hell no - but has Pace put down a solid foundation that will turn the tide, I think that's beyond question.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe I don't understand the draft process but a lot of people on here write as if Pace picked and then went into another room where Fox and Fangio were sitting, and shouted 'surprise, guess who I picked!!'.

I figured, perhaps incorrectly, that one of the smartest Defensive Coordinators in the game and a hugely experienced Head Coach would have a significant input into the process - and these guys would have spent months mulling over options, perhaps meeting with players and reviewing game film, going over tiny details to ensure players drafted fitted into a larger game plan that would see the Bears actually be competitive in a year or two? Then based on that, the GM would make his selections.

My assumption when Pace joined and Fox/Fangio came on board was that the rebuild would take three to four years, that seemed a reasonable amount of time to move from a a team that was truly non-competitive to one that could hold their own in the Division and begin to look at the playoffs as the norm rather than an exception. Eighteen months on and we look to have a young roster, a bunch of players with a high ceiling and a coaching staff who are committed to their development. Are they the finished article - hell no - but has Pace put down a solid foundation that will turn the tide, I think that's beyond question.

People like to spin things that fit their agenda. We don't know exactly how the decisions were made on each one, but I would imagine Fox probably had more pull on the higher draft choices than the lower ones....the scouts do the work on the lower draft choices and UDFA.

Pace said Fox was "pounding the table" for speed rushers......so anyone that thinks the draft is compartmentalized between the GM and the head coach is speaking out of their ass.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
She has pokemon on the wall behind her, I need to get rich and put a ring on that shit. Then never let her escape.

she probably has the most ridiculous body of any geek I have ever seen....