EverybodyLovesPace

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Emery got an A+ on many boards a few years back....

Any time you want to start backing up your statements with facts, feel free.

2012 NFL Draft Report Card Grades range from A- to D+, averaged out to 2.33 which translates to a low C
2013 NFL Draft Report Card Grades range from B+ to C, averaged out to 2.46 which is a mid C.
2014 NFL Draft Report Card Grades range from A- to C, averaged out to 3.04 which just breaks into a B

FWIW, the 2015 draft got the Bears a range from B+ to C+ which averaged out to 3.03.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
People like to spin things that fit their agenda. We don't know exactly how the decisions were made on each one, but I would imagine Fox probably had more pull on the higher draft choices than the lower ones....the scouts do the work on the lower draft choices and UDFA.

Pace said Fox was "pounding the table" for speed rushers......so anyone that thinks the draft is compartmentalized between the GM and the head coach is speaking out of their ass.

Was interesting listening to Floyd talk about his pre draft visits, who he spoke to and what he felt the expectations were of him if he was drafted. Certainly came across in the interview that he spoke more to D coordinators than to the GM (if he even met Pace at all).

The Forte and Slauson moves were clearly never going to be hugely popular unless you view the change process through a three/four/five year lens. So as much as I would love us to be going after Championships next year we probably aren't really close, so it makes sense to move the older players on and to allow young guys to get extended game time even if it means another year or so before we're truly competitive.

If it all goes horribly wrong we end up with a top five draft pick, if it all falls into place with the kids, were the Chicago Cubs ; ))

Would be interesting to know what people would regards as an acceptable level of progress?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

2012 NFL Draft Report Card Grades range from A- to D+, averaged out to 2.33 which translates to a low C
2013 NFL Draft Report Card Grades range from B+ to C, averaged out to 2.46 which is a mid C.
2014 NFL Draft Report Card Grades range from A- to C, averaged out to 3.04 which just breaks into a B

FWIW, the 2015 draft got the Bears a range from B+ to C+ which averaged out to 3.03.

Actually you are part of the problem. Mongo makes shit up to get responses and people indulge him. Stop indulging his bullshit please

baredown

Liked Posts:
My assumption when Pace joined and Fox/Fangio came on board was that the rebuild would take three to four years, that seemed a reasonable amount of time to move from a a team that was truly non-competitive to one that could hold their own in the Division and begin to look at the playoffs as the norm rather than an exception. Eighteen months on and we look to have a young roster, a bunch of players with a high ceiling and a coaching staff who are committed to their development. Are they the finished article - hell no - but has Pace put down a solid foundation that will turn the tide, I think that's beyond question.

This seems like a very good assessment. I'd take it one step deeper. Pace/Fox not only took over a team that was "truly non-competitive", they took over a team that was at the bottom of the league from a talent perspective. A lot of times in the NFL, a new GM comes to a team with decent talent, but bad results. That's not the case here. Pace was pretty much starting from scratch, particularly on the defense side. Building that talent base back up is going to be a 3-4 year process. Pace should be evaluated on how well he's progressing in rebuilding the Bear's talent base, not in whatever their record turns out to be this year. So far, he appears to be making good progress...

Washington

Liked Posts:
If you read the "John Fox: First Round Draft Picks History" thread, it was John Fox who ran this draft and the ones in Denver, not Elway and Pace.

I'm still waiting to judge our GM until I see how the 2 #1 picks turn out. I was not enamored with taking a WR @ 7 last year when we really needed D and additional draft picks. Pace created that WR hole when he gave away the best WR to ever wear a Bears uniform versus giving a very good coach an opportunity to coach him and I know all the hyperbole around that, blah blah blah. I am not sold on Floyd either as he's a project to me and won't be an immediate starter and comes with lots of question marks. He was drafted on hype and not on his performance in college. Kwiatkoski actually outperformed Floyd in tackles, tackles for loss, passes defended, and INTs over the last 3 seasons. Floyd outplayed him on sacks and forced fumbles. I am hoping and expecting both 1st rounders to succeed, but time will tell.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fine with his first two drafts but losing forte,bennett, Slauson is gonna hurt.

No when you see what soe of these lads are saying. Forte and Bennett, and Slauson didn't get them to the Super Bowl so they are just garbage so get rid of em.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we all know this for the most part. However, there is one good thing about post draft good grades..... they are better then post draft bad grades. :shrug:

Pace appeared to get good value on virtually every pick. He stuck with a BPA approach, but still was able to fill a bunch of needs. He navigated the draft with a purpose showing an aggressive attacking style, rather than watching teams out maneuver us.

It was only his 2nd draft after a pretty good 1st draft. The bottom line is Pace has done a pretty good job as a GM in only 2 years. Furthermore, if it takes a few years to judge a draft and this is his 2nd draft, he deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

In conclusion, there's quite a few people that think Pace is doing a fine job with the exception of a handful of ridiculous CCS trolls.

There is is again........."The BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE" garbage??????????? ARGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE that nonsense. It is so fucking subjective that it is total NONSENSE!!!!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe I don't understand the draft process but a lot of people on here write as if Pace picked and then went into another room where Fox and Fangio were sitting, and shouted 'surprise, guess who I picked!!'.

I figured, perhaps incorrectly, that one of the smartest Defensive Coordinators in the game and a hugely experienced Head Coach would have a significant input into the process - and these guys would have spent months mulling over options, perhaps meeting with players and reviewing game film, going over tiny details to ensure players drafted fitted into a larger game plan that would see the Bears actually be competitive in a year or two? Then based on that, the GM would make his selections.

My assumption when Pace joined and Fox/Fangio came on board was that the rebuild would take three to four years, that seemed a reasonable amount of time to move from a a team that was truly non-competitive to one that could hold their own in the Division and begin to look at the playoffs as the norm rather than an exception. Eighteen months on and we look to have a young roster, a bunch of players with a high ceiling and a coaching staff who are committed to their development. Are they the finished article - hell no - but has Pace put down a solid foundation that will turn the tide, I think that's beyond question.

3-4 years? Pace is "turning the tide"? ARe you shitting me? 3-4 years? This year's offense is going to be crap. Expect the paper bags out in droves at Soldier Field as the Bears try Robbie Gould from 70 yards out in desperately trying to score? Imagine what this team is going to be like in the following year when Jeffrey leaves, Who will be left that is skilled. Better give Long some reps at TE. because once Miller is knocked out, they will need soeone to both block and catch the ball.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So in 2020, the Bears "should" be competitive? I can see a president of a company appear before the B of D announces his plan to the group. "Myself and My Team are going to SLOWLY turn this company around and will be able to pull even with out competitors in 3-4 years". Yeah, that happens quite a bit in top organizations, right??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Emery got an A+ on many boards a few years back....

Not for a complete draft he didn't. Can you show it and show it from a legit site or person??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, the unintelligent fans think they can draft better than the GM.

Hahahaha that's so true and they're so unintelligent and live in their own unrealistic world of dumb.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The unintelligent fan questions nothing and believes Pace is mistake free. He has done both good and bad and should be questioned like anyone else. Were younger but are we better??? We have better coaching that is for sure. Just because Pace looks good compared to the last two bozo's does not mean he is good overall. I am still not sold one way or the other.

Well lets look at his first draft which was a success even without knowing what K.White is gonna be in the NFL. E.Goldman is a win, H.Grassu is a ? right now, J.Langford is a win, A.Amos is a win and i believe K.White will be a win. Seems pretty good to me and every single draft expert or writer or whoever else grades this draft at the very least a B but mostly he got A's.

Sure seems to be doing a good job to me and that's not even talking about the great coaches he brought in.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It is funny to me the vitriol that comes out of this place toward Pace at times. I mean he is not perfect, but he certainly has a vision for the team and is constantly working towards it. Myself I am happy with the direction the team is heading and think, even though its only year two of this regime, that we are going to surprise some teams this year with how tough of a team we are.

Those same people that hate on Pace would hate on whoever our GM was and whoever he drafted, it's just what they do.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems as soon as a vets replacement is drafted they are gone. Interesting strategy that I don't know if I agree with and I am hoping it stops once the roster is full of "Pace guys". .

He's trying to cleanup, at a minimum, 10 years of bad drafting and general management. This team is in full rebuild mode. He's doing this right by just ripping the bandage off.

I can't wait to see this defense this year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Hello, Mongo (McFly) are you there Mongo (McFly)?? Mongo (McFly) i can't hear you.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well lets look at his first draft which was a success even without knowing what K.White is gonna be in the NFL. E.Goldman is a win, H.Grassu is a ? right now, J.Langford is a win, A.Amos is a win and i believe K.White will be a win. Seems pretty good to me and every single draft expert or writer or whoever else grades this draft at the very least a B but mostly he got A's.

Sure seems to be doing a good job to me and that's not even talking about the great coaches he brought in.

You can't judge a draft properly even a year after.....at best it is an incomplete....

Goldman has done well and could be a solid player. Amos has been ok and could be good. Langford didn't average 4.0 yards a carry, you can't call it a win. Plus he should think about catching footballs. Grassu needs work to be consistent. White is injured and no grade possible. He better come out and perform and improve this year however or he'll be heading towards bustville.

While there were bright spots, the jury is still out....

Washington

Liked Posts:

Kevin White is a question mark. He's a year removed from playing and is now playing with a rod in his shin.

Goldman is an A, no doubt.

Grasu was absolutely terrible last year and was mercifully benched. D-

Langford ran hard but averaged poorly at 3.6YPG and showed to have hands of stone in the passing game leading the team in drops. C

Amos only started because we had no other choices. He tackled well but was an issue in the passing game. He was schooled there often. He showed no penchant for big plays with only 4 passes defended, 0 INTs, 0 FF, and 0 FRs. That is not good for a starting safety. C-

Fabuluje is also an incomplete because he did not play.

This is nowhere near an A. So much depends on what White becomes. Amos needs to make huge leaps and he might. Lots of insurance was already brought in for Grasu.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You can't judge a draft properly even a year after.....at best it is an incomplete....

Goldman has done well and could be a solid player. Amos has been ok and could be good. Langford didn't average 4.0 yards a carry, you can't call it a win. Plus he should think about catching footballs. Grassu needs work to be consistent. White is injured and no grade possible. He better come out and perform and improve this year however or he'll be heading towards bustville.

While there were bright spots, the jury is still out....

I'm judging them on what they did in their first year with us and it goes just how i said it went. Now of course down the road it can be judged by their time in the NFL but from what they showed in their first year it was a good draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Kevin White is a question mark. He's a year removed from playing and is now playing with a rod in his shin.

Goldman is an A, no doubt.

Grasu was absolutely terrible last year and was mercifully benched. D-

Amos only started because we had no other choices. He tackled well but was an issue in the passing game. He was schooled there often. He showed no penchant for big plays with only 4 passes defended, 0 INTs, 0 FF, and 0 FRs. That is not good for a starting safety. C-

Fabuluje is also an incomplete because he did not play.

This is nowhere near an A. So much depends on what White becomes. Amos needs to make huge leaps and he might. Lots of insurance was already brought in for Grasu.

That's your opinion so you look at it how you want and i'll look at it how i want and Amos for a 5th round pick was a A.