Like the Bears moves in cutting Rolle and Slauson?

Antobears

Liked Posts:
I like cutting Slauson. Ensures Cutler will get killed behind a questionable o line and allow us to draft our next QB top 5 next year

I'd like to say harsh but fair...I'm just struggling to see the fair

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Slaus was the ultimate stop gap. Never a long timer but good for his time here. Cuntler would have been killed without him. But now, I think they have a more long term solution to at least keep Cuntler upright in the short haul, and develop OL strength for whomever is elected to fill his (small) shoes moving forward.

Rise

Liked Posts:
honestly I guess the guy has an injury history. but at age 30 which player doesn't? he was the best player on the line, if only cause they had Long out of position. I personally don't think it makes sense to cut him RIGHT NOW immediately after the draft. it should've waited until training camp.

am I correct in thinking it makes zero logical sense to cut him for money and take a penalty and then potentially re-sign him later if they do in fact need him, or was this some kind of mercy killing to let him go to some other team and win now a la. Matt Forte

I believe they had to release him by June 1st to save the most $$$.

talkingdinosaurs

Liked Posts:
If released after June 1, his dead money would be split between this year and next year. By cutting him at this point, his $835,000 dead money comes off the books now. It's not a huge amount of money obviously either way, but just one less thing to worry about.

http://overthecap.com/player/matt-slauson/1832/

Big reason to cut him was probably scheme/health.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
If released after June 1, his dead money would be split between this year and next year. By cutting him at this point, his $835,000 dead money comes off the books now. It's not a huge amount of money obviously either way, but just one less thing to worry about.

http://overthecap.com/player/matt-slauson/1832/

Big reason to cut him was probably scheme/health.

Well, that and the fact that he's a piece of shit.

Edit: I am assuming your post was about Rolle?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
awesome, another slauson thread.

talkingdinosaurs

Liked Posts:
Well, that and the fact that he's a piece of shit.

Edit: I am assuming your post was about Rolle?

It was about Slauson, but yeah man, Rolle totally put his foot in his mouth. I listened to that entire interview as it was happening on 670 the Score and was like...what the hell are you talking about? Rolle fortunately cost $0 to cut. Peace out, bro...

JaySix

Liked Posts:
As we are rebuilding I like the decision to cut Rolle and draft 3 midround safeties to see who sticks (hopefully 1 of the 3 is a hit as a player on D not just ST).

As for keeping Rolle to mentor the young guys I don't think you qualify as a mentor just by being old, you need the personality as well. Clearly Rolle doesn't

Still don't like the release of Slausson... Think he would be the best C on the roster, and at C wouldn't have been holding Whitehair back... But what do I know? Maybe Grasu magically has become a quality OL during the offseason...