Leonard Floyd introduction press conference

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say leave him alone. Let him play at his most athletic weight. He's a nightmare for 300 pound linemen who don't have a chance to engage him at the line because he is already gone past them and harassing the qb.

I agree with this. I'm excited to see what Fangio has planned for the kid.

DYg874.gif

stripsackagainstmizzou.gif

floyd_sack_vs_lsu.0.gif

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Stolz dropping truth bombs in his Film Review of Floyd (quotes taken from this SportsMockery Article)

-0:53, 3RD AND 1, ALABAMA RUNS RIGHT AT HIM. HE’S DOUBLE TEAMED. HE RIDES BOTH PLAYERS INSIDE, THEN QUICKLY STOPS AND TOSSES THEM ASIDE, PLUGGING THE HOLE, KEEPING THOSE BLOCKERS OFF THE INSIDE LINEBACKERS AND MAKING THE STOP.

-2:36, RUN UP THE MIDDLE, RT TRIES TO ENGAGE, FLOYD EXTENDS ARMS AND DISENGAGES, HELPS ON THE TACKLE INSIDE.

HE DOES STRUGGLE AT TIMES TO DISENGAGE FROM BLOCKERS BUT MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, HE USES HIS LONG ARMS TO EXTEND AND CREATE SEPARATION, WHICH ALLOWS HIM TO SHED WITH EASE.

WHAT I SEE FROM FLOYD IS AN EXPLOSIVE EDGE RUSHER WITH A FULL ARSENAL OF PASS RUSH MOVES. HE’S SLIPPERY AND QUICK, AND USES HIS THIN FRAME TO HIS ADVANTAGE. HE HAS THE SPEED AND FLEXIBILITY TO EASILY TURN THE CORNER, AND THE STRENGTH TO CARRY BLOCKERS INTO THE POCKET.

FLOYD SHOWS VERY GOOD AWARENESS AGAINST THE RUN AND EXCEPTIONAL CHANGE-OF-DIRECTION ABILITY.

:buttrock:

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Speed kills! You could put up a safety against an olineman for an entire game and a safety will sack a qb as often as anyone else. They will beat the lineman a few times on passes based solely on speed. Just a fact!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
This kid is a legitimately nice person and extremely well mannered.

I feel bad about writing about how he sounds a little uneducated but I was wrong, it's mostly his southern accent.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
This kid is a legitimately nice person and extremely well mannered.

I feel bad about writing about how he sounds a little uneducated but I was wrong, it's mostly his southern accent.
He scored a 26 on the Wonderlic. Some guys just don't communicate well to the media. Whether it's because they're introverts, have a drawl or whatever the case.

I mean the guy isn't a rocket scientist but he's not a meatball either. I thought him sitting in on 3 team meetings every week with different units at Georgia said a lot about his intelligence.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wonder what he would look like if he went on a hunger strike

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
Seriously don't understand why so many here are fixated on his weight.

This guy played the same kind of position and was nearly identical to Floyd physically and he had a pretty darn good career

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Taylor_%28American_football%29

Jason Taylor was 6'6" and played at 244 and ended his career with 139.5 sacks, so obviously Floyd's size should present no obstacle to success in the NFL

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Seriously don't understand why so many here are fixated on his weight.

This guy played the same kind of position and was nearly identical to Floyd physically and he had a pretty darn good career

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Taylor_%28American_football%29

Jason Taylor was 6'6" and played at 244 and ended his career with 139.5 sacks, so obviously Floyd's size should present no obstacle to success in the NFL

Yeah power comes in different shapes and sizes. He has natural power in that wirey frame of his. He's built a lot like Jon Jones in the UFC who fucks shit up and packs a lot of power into those bones.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don't give a shit how he speaks but I did bust out laughing when they asked who he met during his visit and he mentioned the Bears ''skrenff coach''.

Well that would explain it all. Instead of turning right and meeting the strength coach, he turned left and met the Schrempf coach ... Detlif Schrempf

schrempfdetlefsonicsapmi600-resize-600x338.jpg

Looks like Detlif was successful in making Floyd into his own image.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks